Lee Hendrie

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think one can also under estimate how much Hendrie would have loved beating the Baggies.

i don't think one can also under estimate how much Hendrie would have loved beating the Baggies.

I know you are right, but let's just believe, at least for the remainder of this weekend, that he did it for us because he loves us :icon_bigg

Take a bow son. :038::038: :038:

Bossed the midfield and carried the game to West Brom.

Howard will get all the plaudits but Hendrie was imense. Went one nil down and instead of sulking grabbed hold of Oakley and shouted god knows what but it worked.

He took the game to WBA second half, was a danger throughout, stayed in his shirt when subsituted and congratulated all the players at the final whislte before wrestling past stewards to give a city fan his shirt.

Its been a long time since a player in a city shirt played with a swagger and arrogance.

Top fecking banana

Hume?

Par for the course with most football fans :icon_bigg

Then most football fans should be ashamed of themselves. I'm not at all like that though - oh no!

Last edited:
I know you are right, but let's just believe, at least for the remainder of this weekend, that he did it for us because he loves us :icon_bigg

You're on.

In fairness, he did look 'up for it' against Bristle. Unfortunately I was unable to make the Saints match, so I am not sure how he was there.

Are you having a laugh? The only thing Hume is passionate about is Hume.

Hendrie reminds me of Savage. Love him when he plays for you and hate him when he plays for anyone else. He'll happily switch his passion and allegiance in an instant. A totally shameless, modern, footballer.

At least he appears to give a feck and has got some bollocks. Unlike the fella he replaced in the centre of midfield.

Are you having a laugh? The only thing Hume is passionate about is Hume.

Hendrie reminds me of Savage. Love him when he plays for you and hate him when he plays for anyone else. He'll happily switch his passion and allegiance in an instant. A totally shameless, modern, footballer.

At least he appears to give a feck and has got some bollocks. Unlike the fella he replaced in the centre of midfield.

eh? Passionate was not part of the criteria. You need to read it again. The statement was made that it has been a long time since a player in a city shirt played with a swagger and arrogance. That is not true - Hume has always played with swagger and arrogance. Whether on his recent form he should feel entitled to do so is quite a different matter.

eh? Passionate was not part of the criteria. You need to read it again. The statement was made that it has been a long time since a player in a city shirt played with a swagger and arrogance. That is not true - Hume has always played with swagger and arrogance. Whether on his recent form he should feel entitled to do so is quite a different matter.

I can't remember seeing Hume play with swagger and arrogance, he rushes round the field being a general nuisance but thats not the same at all, swagger and arrogance implies a level of ability I've never attributed to our canadian friend.

Last edited:
I can't remember seeing Hume play with swagger and arrogance, he rushes round the field being a general nuisance but thats not the same at all, swagger and arrogance implies a level of ability I've never attributed to our canadian friend.

Then I fear you need to invest in a decent dictionary. Both words suggest a strutting about, thinking that you're the best thing since sliced bread; there is no implication you should deserve to do so. Hume swaggered; Hume was arrogant - let's hope that Saturday's experience has taught him something.

Then I fear you need to invest in a decent dictionary. Both words suggest a strutting about, thinking that you're the best thing since sliced bread; there is no implication you should deserve to do so. Hume swaggered; Hume was arrogant - let's hope that Saturday's experience has taught him something.

I don't need a dictionary, I just don't agree with you.

After watching the match highlights, Hendrie looks very euthastic about this club and has a lot of passion in the leicester shirt something missed in along time, i hope he keeps it up and its not to suvive relegation and becomes shit like the others

I don't need a dictionary, I just don't agree with you.

... but we do seem to agree in our opinions about the player - just not on how his manner should be described.

After watching the match highlights, Hendrie looks very euthastic about this club and has a lot of passion in the leicester shirt something missed in along time, i hope he keeps it up and its not to suvive relegation and becomes shit like the others

i think a large part of that was due to it being against wba and he wouldve got some stick when he was at villa, everytime we scored he was there 'goading' their fans :)

... but we do seem to agree in our opinions about the player - just not on how his manner should be described.

Yes, I agree he needs to look at his performance level and realise it will need to improve if he expects to be in the plans for the 2008-2009 season. I think of him as 'enthusiastic but not gifted' rather than a stutting peacock.

i think a large part of that was due to it being against wba and he wouldve got some stick when he was at villa, everytime we scored he was there 'goading' their fans :)

I think he would do that no matter who he plays for or against!

The location may have had a bearing on the degree of his 'encouraging of the crowd' on Saturday, but he did the same thing at the Walkers during the game against Bristol City.

The location may have had a bearing on the degree of his 'encouraging of the crowd' on Saturday, but he did the same thing at the Walkers during the game against Bristol City.

i wasnt there for the bristol game but i shall look out for it/him on saturday

i wasnt there for the bristol game but i shall look out for it/him on saturday

I know what Boc saying ,i just hope that some how ollies got the old hendrie back to how he used to play .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669