Lee Hendrie

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is certain... if this team are to have a chance of notching up a few more points, Clemence has to stay OUT of the team. Oakley and Hendrie are a far better combo. The other thing is to keep Hume as either sub or up front, no more of this on the flanks nonsense.

Truely marvellous

Marvellous , MARVELLOUS FFS!!!!!

Hang gliding through the Grand Canyon would be fcuking marvellous !!!!, it was a game of football FFS!!!!

Granted, it was very, very brave of him though.
A true display of courageousness, I don't think it'd be too strong to say that he showed that he was prepared to make the ultimate sacrifice in the face of almost insurmountable adversity.
So let me get this straight...

Negative comments, like we see on here EVERY DAY, are fine and justified: spineless, pitiful, pathetic, woeful, dire, outrageous, terrible, abysmal, etc. Presumably the same goes for personal insults, such as Moose ****er or whatever it is Iain Hume is now being called.

But the moment one person describes one action by one of our players as "brave" (which I'd agree with - it was quite brave of him to stand up and be counted) they get lambasted for it, and have it compared to the Normandy fecking landing FFS!

Nice to see good old fashioned double standards are alive and well :icon_roll

Negative comments, like we see on here EVERY DAY, are fine and justified: spineless, pitiful, pathetic, woeful, dire, outrageous, terrible, abysmal, etc. Presumably the same goes for personal insults, such as Moose ****er or whatever it is Iain Hume is now being called.

But the moment one person describes one action by one of our players as "brave" (which I'd agree with - it was quite brave of him to stand up and be counted) they get lambasted for it, and have it compared to the Normandy fecking landing FFS!

:038:

I think he should have his Mod status revoked

Actually I've changed my mind, he's completely brilliant and is my favouritist poster ever. FACT.
So stop being so hissy DesertFox, it was obviously an hilarious joke at Melton's expense by Macky because he's also the funniest poster ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the context of the match, our season and his own personal faltering form it was a hugely pressured situation and all power to him for stepping up and burying it.

We've been failing to take chances in recent games and are still at risk of relegation to third tier for the first time in our history because of that and had he missed who knows what the effect would have been.

Imo he deserves all the plaudits that come his way. Superb stuff! :038:

DF, I had you down as a sensible poster. I am getting the impression, you genuinely thought I was 100% serious when making my Normandy/brave post.

I wasn't, none of my posts are overly serious and you really mustn't hang on to them. I rant, it's my online persona, it's what I do on here. Real life goes out the window and everything becomes extreme. I'm sorry I needed to explain this, especially as you see me doing exactly the same as what I was complaining about on an hourly basis every day..

For the record, no, I didn't think it was brave, but I did admire him for having the nerve to get up and take the penalty given his and our current run of form.

Take a bow son. :038::038: :038:

Bossed the midfield and carried the game to West Brom.

Howard will get all the plaudits but Hendrie was imense. Went one nil down and instead of sulking grabbed hold of Oakley and shouted god knows what but it worked.

He took the game to WBA second half, was a danger throughout, stayed in his shirt when subsituted and congratulated all the players at the final whislte before wrestling past stewards to give a city fan his shirt.

Its been a long time since a player in a city shirt played with a swagger and arrogance.

Top fecking banana

...was about to say the same, but thanks to FKA, there' no need....

I agree it was good to see Hendrie up for it but i cant help picturing him as a fan in the villa end last time he was here gesturing at the city fans and i also wonder if he would have been as "up" for it if we were not playing against one of villas rivals. If it keeps us up though then lets more of it i wont be having his name on a shirt though :icon_wink

Last edited:
i also wonder if he would have been as "up" for it if we were not playing against one of villas rivals

A fair point, Lazzer, and one I'd contemplated and discussed with a few Baggies after the match. Suppose we'll see vs. Hull......but I'll take it for now.

Oh yes i'll take it too Bob ,its all about the results now.

Last edited:
A lot depends imo on how happy a player is at the club. If he likes it here i expect it to reflect in his efforts on the field.

Just watched the highlights, passion doesn't automatically make you a good player but I think it was nice to see Hendrie's reaction, rare for a loanee.

i agree, I noticed him bouncing about and punching the air when the pen was awarded, could be a good 7-8 years since i've seen a city player do that.
Especially a loanee!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670