Post Match Leicester 0 Millwall 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one that doesn't know what reactionary means.
Does it make me Boc-like to admit that this use of 'reactionary' jarred my eyeballs as well?
I was going to comment on it as well, but I settled for just casting a wry, sardonic smile instead.
Reactionary fools

Can I just check that I follow the argument in this thread? We need to build a team gradually - but whilst building, we must not do what we did yesterday i.e. lose. Sven is the worse manager we have ever had - unless we beat WHU next week, when he would revert to Godlike status. :102:

Can I just check that I follow the argument in this thread? We need to build a team gradually - but whilst building, we must not do what we did yesterday i.e. lose. Sven is the worse manager we have ever had - unless we beat WHU next week, when he would revert to Godlike status. :102:

The point is that we are not building a team gradually; we have for the second time in a couple of years suddenly changed the whole approach and (almost all) personnel. Not that I completely blame the manager though; the players on the pitch have a responsibility here too. Whatever we do at West Ham next week, we will remain an infuriatingly inconsistent team with a manager that has not proved himself capable of doing the job asked of him.

The point is that we are not building a team gradually; we have for the second time in a couple of years suddenly changed the whole approach and (almost all) personnel. Not that I completely blame the manager though; the players on the pitch have a responsibility here too. Whatever we do at West Ham next week, we will remain an infuriatingly inconsistent team with a manager that has not proved himself capable of doing the job asked of him.

But how can we build slowly if the fans won't tolerate losing? How reactionary(?) ;)

But how can we build slowly if the fans won't tolerate losing? How reactionary(?) ;)

I don't understand what you mean about building slowly.

I don't understand what you mean about building slowly.

We can't move forward from here by slowly building a team because the fans will not tolerate losing or poor performances. Our fans even moaned after beating Watford 2-0.

I believe that the players probably are grounded but the expectation and over confidence are entirely on the side of the fans.

I've always backed Sven and made excuses for his mistakes over the last year but yesterday has ended any support from me. I'm not sure who the right person for the job is but I'm pretty sure it's not Sven.

The manner of lost was the most disappointing thing and that's where people are concerned. I have no belief in the current squad that once we were behind we'd have ever get back into it. I think it's rather naive to think the players are grounded, a lot of their performances and our tactics suggest we suffer arrogance from manager to pitch.

Whats more.... Crystal Palace are up in the playoffs. That just shows money has NOTHING to do with this league.

I haven't studied who they have played yet. They may have had an easier start to the season than us. Anyway, it's only ****ing October!

I believe that the players probably are grounded but the expectation and over confidence are entirely on the side of the fans.

What part of having wealthy owners, spending loads of money on 'known' players and a former international manager in charge do you not understand in relation to fans expectations?

Incredible :icon_wink

What part of having wealthy owners, spending loads of money on 'known' players and a former international manager in charge do you not understand in relation to fans expectations?

Incredible :icon_wink

I didn't say I didn't understand it but I keep hearing that the players are over confident when I think it is just the fans projecting. If anything, is say the players are playing with a lack of confidence

Would one of the "slow build" advocates please list an 18 - 20 man squad, based upon the players on the books at the end of last season, with one or two additions?
-Thank you.

We can't move forward from here by slowly building a team because the fans will not tolerate losing or poor performances. Our fans even moaned after beating Watford 2-0.

The fans are finding it difficult to tolerate losing because they have been promised far too much. "We'll invest our millions in the club and bring you the Premier League" has been the cry. Well they've certainly invested their millions but now they (and the fans) are having to face the fact that investment does not necessarily bring success. You can hardly blame fans for believing what they are told. We now have two groups of disgruntled fans; those that believed the strategy would work and who are now seeing that it doesn't; and those who always knew it wasn't likely to work - and after a performance like yesterday's, I don't wonder that they are making themselves heard.

I don't know from where you get the idea that "the players are probably grounded". The way they strolled about yesterday suggests that we have a large number of players who believe that they only have to turn up. Man for man, they are every one of them more skilled and able than the team that turned out for Millwall; they have cost more and they are paid more - but they simply failed to put in any kind of effort to win the match. It is said that Millwall came to defend - so how the **** did they win by three clear goals?

Sorry but im getting the feeling that they dont want to play for sven,no motivation from the bench yet again.

Sven did a great job at Notts County, Ivory Coast, Mexico, England...

He wasn't manager at Notts County, he was the best England manager since Alf Ramsey and as for Mexico and Ivory Coast? The phrase 'you can't polish a turd' comes to mind.

If people want to criticise Sven, that's their perogative, but doing it by trying to slate his outstanding record as a manager is ridiculous. The last proper management job he had in England was the Man City job, where he did a fantastic job. I'm still yet to be convinced that any of the names people have mentioned as his replacement could do a better job. Let's face it - even if the owners do sack him (they won't - and rightly so, because they're not mental), they're going to want a high profile manager in to replace him. Who would fit the bill?

Sorry but im getting the feeling that they dont want to play for sven,no motivation from the bench yet again.

The thing is, an O'Neill type ranting on the sidelines possibly has no better effect on the performance than the calm suave Sven. But it sure as hell makes the fans feel better.

He wasn't manager at Notts County, he was the best England manager since Alf Ramsey and as for Mexico and Ivory Coast? The phrase 'you can't polish a turd' comes to mind.

If people want to criticise Sven, that's their perogative, but doing it by trying to slate his outstanding record as a manager is ridiculous. The last proper management job he had in England was the Man City job, where he did a fantastic job. I'm still yet to be convinced that any of the names people have mentioned as his replacement could do a better job. Let's face it - even if the owners do sack him (they won't - and rightly so, because they're not mental), they're going to want a high profile manager in to replace him. Who would fit the bill?

Roy Keane of course... duh :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670