Post Match Leicester 0 Stoke 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're shagged chaps, that game yesterday was supposed to be us with confidence, not a game to give us confidence.

We are not good enough for this league, Championship players on secondment to the Prem for a season.

Club massively underestimated the gap between the Championship & the Premier League and/or thought they could hack it with Championship players.

Situation compounded by pretty random team selections e.g. when Albrighton finally finds a bit of form he is dropped/ we go into the Stoke game without the one forward (Ulloa who is most likely to score in a predictably low scoring game.

Not criticising Pearson for not starting a new signing who is probably not quite Premier League match fit.... but I think a more adventurous manager would have wanted to throw that particular dice.

Stoke game has seen us lose that bit if hard won momentum and I think the manager is to blame.

Tougher than ever now - Pearson has surprised us in the past let's hope that he can put things right.

On reflection after yesterday's utter shitefest, we missed 3 players that would have seen us get a foothold in the game IMO.

Mahrez- obviously, he's our most creative player and when you don't create a lot like yesterday, you miss players like him.

Ulloa - he should have been in from the start. Our team needs to play with him, because when we can't play short passing football (sometimes we aren't good enough too) and the team is looking a bit clueless, just lump it to him and let him fight for it. When that option isn't there, there really is a lack of ideas in our team.

Hammond - Bojan got into the game more and more in the second half and inevitably scored the winner, we missed Hammond in my opinion. King and Drinkwater as a pair perhaps you can get away with in the Championship, but what on earth happened to DD over the summer I will never know. Probably signing that new deal (I think he did?), went to his head because now he's barely a shadow of the player he was. Hammond is our defensive shield and we really missed him yesterday.

As a few have mentioned Pearson got it wrong yesterday, big time. He had a chance to rectify it later and brought on Lawrence, embarrassing. If I was Albrighton I would be wondering what on earth I've actually got to do to get a run in the side, the last few weeks he's been one of our better players.

Villa evidently rubbed off on us last week, because we looked a lot like them yesterday.

Last edited:
On reflection after yesterday's utter shitefest, we missed 3 players that would have seen us get a foothold in the game IMO.

Mahrez- obviously, he's our most creative player and when you don't create a lot like yesterday, you miss players like him.

Ulloa - he should have been in from the start. Our team needs to play with him, because when we can't play short passing football (sometimes we aren't good enough too) and the team is looking a bit clueless, just lump it to him and let him fight for it. When that option isn't there, there really is a lack of ideas in our team.

Hammond - Bojan got into the game more and more in the second half and inevitably scored the winner, we missed Hammond in my opinion. King and Drinkwater as a pair perhaps you can get away with in the Championship, but what on earth happened to DD over the summer I will never know. Probably signing that new deal (I think he did?), went to his head because now he's barely a shadow of the player he was. Hammond is our defensive shield and we really missed him yesterday.

As a few have mentioned Pearson got it wrong yesterday, big time. He had a chance to rectify it later and brought on Lawrence, embarrassing. If I was Albrighton I would be wondering what on earth I've actually got to do to get a run in the side, the last few weeks he's been one of our better players.

Villa evidently rubbed off on us last week, because we looked a lot like them yesterday.

Spot on. Pearson got it wrong but now it's time to move forward from that.

We're shagged chaps, that game yesterday was supposed to be us with confidence, not a game to give us confidence.

We are not good enough for this league, Championship players on secondment to the Prem for a season.

Back to hiding behind the sofa then?:064:

Apologies if this has been raised (and i'm sure it has) but i've not gone through the thread.

My questions are:

Why did he change a winning team?

How has Schlupp made such a miraculous recovery?

Why have we 17 odd million pounds worth of attackers on the bench?

This match will be seen to be a pivotal moment in our season. A win would have done wonders for confidence and a real belief in our ability to survive.

The defeat has clearly knocked the stuffing out of forum members, fans and players alike. I'm normally very positive and optimistic but I can't see us staying up now. A real air of despair and despondency has descended on this thread.

- - - and on most of the city squad by the sound of it - a real chance of three points squandered

In the cold light of the next day we were still shit.

I see about 4-6 games a season and this season I have seen us play palace and now stoke. No wonder I feel pissed off.

Hopefully the two-week break will give everybody a chance to regain full fitness, and won't Mahrez be back? And of course a nice friendly against Spurs in the mean time to try a few formations out. I remain upbeat.

Who are these guys with white coats who have just entered my office, bearing a straightjacket?

Spot on. Pearson got it wrong but now it's time to move forward from that.

We don't have a lot of choice do we. I'm not entirely confident that the league would agree to a replay on the grounds that we'd like to try again but with a more sensible selection.

I don't think a single player in the starting line up is Premier League standard.

I do hope that the owners have asked the manager to explain and justify his bizarre selection of attacking(not) players.

We don't have a lot of choice do we. I'm not entirely confident that the league would agree to a replay on the grounds that we'd like to try again but with a more sensible selection.

I don't think a single player in the starting line up is Premier League standard.

I do hope that the owners have asked the manager to explain and justify his bizarre selection of attacking(not) players.

Do you think we should have bought more players in the summer?

I do hope that the owners aren't the kind of people who ask the manager to justify himself everytime the team lose by the odd goal.

I do hope that the owners aren't the kind of people who ask the manager to justify himself everytime the team lose by the odd goal.

I really hope the owners are the kind of people to ask one of their most senior employees how the feck he left two players on the bench on Saturday who have scored over ten times more goals than the two he so incomprehensibly chose to spearhead the attack.

Last edited:
IMO we struggle when King is in the midfield, its like playing with ten men, he lacks bite, and simply gets rid of the ball as fast as he can, the net result is that his other midfield partner is worrying about him and working twice as hard!
Vardy took a season to get used to the championship, it will take him time again,, Nuge is struggling at this level jury is still out though. I just cant get my head around why schlupp came staright back in, we had a settled team that was performing? Admittedly we were screwed in the middle, but the rest of it was playing well and was balanced for once, if it isn't broken don't fix it, he needs to keep playing the same side over and over, schlupp should have come on at seventy mins.
we seriously need more quality in the midfield, NP has shown teams a lack of respect sometimes, this was proven against villa early on in the season, we should have packed out the middle of the park, and we need to do it against agricultural sides like stoke! we do have quality, it is so frustrating watching the players perform under par against mediocre team, it will be interesting to see if he does bring in a midfielder, that is where we have struggled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669