Post Match Leicester 1 Leeds 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was the most undeserved point that I have ever seen, could turn out to be a massive one for us though.

Couldn't put 3 passes together, looked totally devoured of ideas and no motivation or desire. Knocky and Nuge massively disappointing again but we shouldn't be relying on 2 or 3 players to pull us through the games.

Leeds weren't amazing, they just kept the ball well and came across as having 10 times more passion and desire than us. Certainly no more quality than us.

I'm sure this will get torn to shreds but we really are crying out for someone in midfield who will just hassle the opposition and put themselves about a bit. Danns would be a very welcome addition to have.

Charlie Adam may be available on loan. He may add a fourth midfield option to DD, James and King

Yes really, would love to see someone of his character and style of play in charge. Did a terrific job at Swindon, and as such he has served an apprenticeship in the lower leagues. So why not?

There really is no point discussing a change now, as others have said. It's far too late in the season to have a positive impact. However, the chances of us looking for a new manager in a few weeks time is high and Di Canio would be an interesting option. Not my first choice but I wouldn't object. The job he did at Swindon was extremely impressive.

There you go. If you are going to change things, you need someone with experience of this level and above; pointless going lower and not achieving anything more than we have so far (and before you mention MON, that was years ago).

Well hiring an Ex England manager hasn't done it for us either so what level of experience is the right level?

You would think the draw of 'come and be cover for LB all season' would be drawing all the top players in, NP must have been avoiding them all.

Oh right, did I say top player, thought not.

So having cover for a goalkeeper is more realistic than left back?

Well hiring an Ex England manager hasn't done it for us either so what level of experience is the right level?

Ooh am I the easy target as the lone female poster? How come you arent replying to the other posts slating Di Canio?? :icon_bigg

and fwiw hiring Sven was a stupid idea.

Last edited:

Ill give it a go

He spent a fortune for the level he was at, the Football League imposed a transfer embargo as a result of their spending on fees and wages. When they tried to address this by selling a player he walked out. Not the kind of character I'd want in charge.

Great point although you would expect the board to be making the decisions when it comes to spending in the first place and if they can't afford a level of spending or player a manager asks for surely they would say no from the start rather than agree and be forced to sell later? So is it his fault??

Yep, Willlow says you cant have a 2nd left back, no club in the world does it.

When did I say we couldn't have one? My point was that unless we can get somebody better than De Laet (who can play left back) then why get somebody in to sit on the bench? St Ledger can play right back as can Keane. Even if we did have a
reserve LB would they have been on the subs bench...probably not.

Great point although you would expect the board to be making the decisions when it comes to spending in the first place and if they can't afford a level of spending or player a manager asks for surely they would say no from the start rather than agree and be forced to sell later? So is it his fault??

It's not his fault that they were over budget. But it does go towards explaining his success. I'm sure a lot of other League One Managers could have done just as well (or better) with the money he had.

And it doesn't make it OK for him to act like a spoilt kid as soon as soon as things don't go his way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669