Post Match Leicester 1 Liverpool 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearson was damn right to react the way he did .....the "fan" in question was telling Pearson that certain player(s) weren't trying, which is one thing that couldn't be levelled at any of the team from last night. One thing that is clearly evident is the players are all behind the Manager, they are committed and give 100% for the cause, however quite clearly we are lacking quality in some key positions which was always going to be the case unless we splashed out £100m.

Therefore IMO the fan was a cnut of the highest order and maybe if he had been a bit more constructive and knowledgeable then maybe Pearson would have been more respectful. Oh and in other industry you wouldn't get away with having a go at an employee in the way the fan did in the first place.

Fair play to NP for sticking up for his players.

He didn't spot that one into an unguarded net while it was still 0-0 though, did he?

T'was tragic, you know oh ohhhh.....
That miss by Cambiassooooooo....

Last edited:
Some bizarre decision making at times from someone I was banking on making the step up comfortably.

Seemed odd to see him go up front towards the end. At two one down and chasing an equaliser fair enough but when already three one down it looked strange. Although thinking about it maybe it was because Liverpool were so poor that it was worth a punt.

Liverpool really were dogshite, On another day we would have romped that.

Couple more oddities for me, both involving substitutes. Moore was ready and indeed announced but then a change of plan. I actually liked that as we seemed to threaten Liverpool far more with the revised positioning after Wes was dismissed. Certainly you'd have been hard pushed to know that we were the team with only ten men.

The other thing was the deferred Wood substitution. He was ready to come on at two one down but not used when we conceded the third. I'd have liked him still to have come on at that point.

I've been watching us play Liverpool on and off since the early seventies, and that is by far and away the worst Liverpool side I have ever seen. Holy Sweet Jebus, they were terrible

But they were no comparison to us, obviously, who were nothing less than an embarrassing wankfest. Worst Premier side ever ? Possibly

Vardy, Morgan, Konchesky, Mahrez. Oh deary, deary, deary me.
And the finale comedy gold of Marc Albrighton trying to cross a ball was an absolute treat.

Felt sorry for Ulloa, who won every single hit and hope high ball that we punted endlessly, but was surrounded by pure dogshite.

It's almost funny to see at times, and would be if it wasn't actually my team I was watching in open-mouthed horror

Onwards and upwards....

Funny, we were saying how Ulloa was worse at winning balls up to him than Wood last nigh. Different views I suppose.

I felt we were fine going forward but lacked protection at times. If we play 4-5-1, we cut off any support to the strikers and Ulloa in particular plays deeper as a result.

Seriously though ugh how many goals are we conceded via crosses on the right flank? It's clear Morgan has very little confidence in Schmeichel either.

Very true. Schmeichel needs a rest for me. He and Morgan have had a nightmare two matches.

We would only leave Ulloa stranded if we failed to get the ball to him. Last night was crying out for Cambiasso to sit, whilst James and King fed wide and we got crosses in for Ulloa. King running in to the box (ala Lallana and Gerrard) would have been useful too.

Very true. Schmeichel needs a rest for me. He and Morgan have had a nightmare two matches.

We would only leave Ulloa stranded if we failed to get the ball to him. Last night was crying out for Cambiasso to sit, whilst James and King fed wide and we got crosses in for Ulloa. King running in to the box (ala Lallana and Gerrard) would have been useful too.

But alex, you said 4-4-2 was the answer.

Pearson was damn right to react the way he did .....the "fan" in question was telling Pearson that certain player(s) weren't trying, which is one thing that couldn't be levelled at any of the team from last night. One thing that is clearly evident is the players are all behind the Manager, they are committed and give 100% for the cause, however quite clearly we are lacking quality in some key positions which was always going to be the case unless we splashed out £100m.

Therefore IMO the fan was a **** of the highest order and maybe if he had been a bit more constructive and knowledgeable then maybe Pearson would have been more respectful. Oh and in other industry you wouldn't get away with having a go at an employee in the way the fan did in the first place.

Fair play to NP for sticking up for his players.

Spot on. You can criticise them all you want for not being a good enough standard for the Premier League, and that's not actually their fault, but effort is not something they are lacking

I bet it was some moaning old twat sat in a half and half scarf that he'd bought on the way into the ground

Whether it's right or wrong, every manager in every dugout hears derogatory comments about him/his players most weeks. I can't remember many turning round while the game is going on and engaging in abuse tennis with the crowd. It's embarrassing, unprofessional and classless behaviour. He'll probably be fined/banned by the FA and quite right too.

Of course, we'd never see Tony Pulis do this...

For what it's worth, I thought there were a lot of positives last night, but it's difficult to accept just positives when we've been on the run that we have been.

I would have been delighted with 17th at the start of the season, I'll be delighted with 17th now, and there's every chance that we can achieve that.

NP has brought us a long way, deserves a considerable amount of patience and should be judged on his ability to keep us in the Premier League - that was his goal for the year, and there's a long, long way to go.

Last edited:
Spot on. You can criticise them all you want for not being a good enough standard for the Premier League, and that's not actually their fault, but effort is not something they are lacking

I bet it was some moaning old twat sat in a half and half scarf that he'd bought on the way into the ground
I noticed on TV that there was a couple of half and half scarf around :bang:.

Where they actually selling them outside??? Who allowed that?

It is so bad that I think we should go on our summer holidays now. We can come back when the Championship fixture list is published.

Another thought.... we pissed the Championship yet Burnley are above us. Why?

After careful scrutiny of the table it appears that they have more points than us -

They were indeed for £5
Some street trader who you would assume needed permission from someone

They were all over the feckin' place

Small time fans, to say the least

Not fussed about the Pearson spat. A nothing incident and far more important issues to concern the club. Morgan performance more relevant: a player few would have thought of as Premier League over his career has battled well for the club this season but he epitomizes the problem which is a general lack of the quality needed at this level.

It's a shame because there are sufficient teams of poorish quality for us to have survived this season - if the club had invested properly in the summer. Who is to blame - its not clear but its the manager who carries the can.

I don't think there is much chance that this problem can be resolved in the January window. Our position is so dire that good players will be reluctant to sign even if clubs will release them and the owners are prepared to shell out.

I can't fault the effort and the tactics aren't brilliant but probably having only a marginal effect.....the issue is that opponents know we are weak and if they remain patient that we will be there for the taking in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669