Post Match Leicester 2 Burton 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anybody doesn't realise that there are issues after losing at home to a second division team, they would be exceptionally stupid and Nigel Pearson didn't take responsibility. He said it's my team, but they should have been good enough. Kasper apologised, not Nigel.

Ok...

Well that wasn't very good was it. No doubt this will class me as a mong by actually talking about the game rather than trying to claim some morale high-ground putting others down but that was bad and it wasn't helped by some bad decision making from Pearson imo.

Their first goal was a complete fluke from the free-kick but missed the incident which lead to it so can't really criticise anyone for that. The second though, purely down to awful mistake from Whitbread which was tough as he had looked very tidy and composed up until then. Unsure on the penalty as there were far too many bodies to see if or who's arm it hit, Kasper seems to think it was their player though he would say that but seemed harsh to give as wasn't clear cut at all. But the fourth definitely has to go down as Kasper's error - the shot did quiver in the air but he shouldn't be getting beaten from there from a shot that was pretty central in the goal.

So 2 terrible mistakes and 2 debatably unlucky goals. Not sure where we go from here as it's individual errors costing us whilst also not getting the rub of the green. Added to the fact we can't seem to be able to finish at all makes things twice as bad but I still think we aren't very far from getting things right at all and definitely on the right track.

4-1 against Blackpool it is then.

That's how we roll at Leicester though. OK maybe not 4-1 but we'll still win!!

If our season is doomed what about Blackburn, Bolton an Birmingham? All touted to go up this season and all lost to Lower league teams.

Someone now having a moan about Lloyd Dyer... I'm not Dyer's biggest fan, but not sure he's to blame tonight...

I had to sit in the West Stand tonight and a woman next to Missus Spion stated before the game that if Dyer was playing she would walk out. Not sure she heard me say "**** off then" but I hope she did.

The West Stand by the way, fecking awful where I was. Cramped seat and cricking my neck to see the other end of the pitch.

Why do mods keep opening threads so they can post a comment that no-one can reply to?? Its very annoying (ahem, Matt_B match thread) :icon_bigg

Boc is always doing that!

I had to sit in the West Stand tonight and a woman next to Missus Spion stated before the game that if Dyer was playing she would wank him off. Not sure she heard me say "**** me too then" but I hope she did.

:icon_roll

Frenchie's freekick sounded a bit good, and Futacs is up and running as well.
Can't think of anything else positive from the game

Yeah it was a moment of real quality tbf and should have got us back into the game but we gave the penalty away soon after and that was that. He didn't do as much in the game as he had from his sub appearances but he was one, if not the only, player to look like creating something and actually wanting to win. Very surprising to see him come off tbh as others such as Waghorn & James offered us little to nothing all game, Waghorn especially it has to be said.

EDIT - Nice one on the interview summary Graz :038:

Last edited:
Still, at least Jeff's gonna be a happy bunny if that one stays the same.

Yep. Thoroughly deserved result too, against a full strength Ipswich team.
Carlisle on the other hand rested a couple of players - the team that finished the game included three 18 year olds, including both scorers.
At least the future looks bright for one team that play in blue and white and have a fox as their mascot.

On the plus side there was a lovely bit of totty to my right. I could ogle quite a lot due to having to look that way for most of the game!

Well....that obviously put a different complexion on the match! You jammy beggar! Well done to Rowett´s men for turning a 1-3 pre-season loss into a 4-2 away win!
Put it behind You, city & focus on the next match.

PS sounds like it´s about time we off-loaded the last of the dead wood....if you´re given the chance & don´t seize it (against lower league opposition to boot!), then it´s got to be time to move on.......

PPS which seat was she sitting in & was she a season ticket holder?

If anybody doesn't realise that there are issues after losing at home to a second division team, they would be exceptionally stupid and Nigel Pearson didn't take responsibility. He said it's my team, but they should have been good enough. Kasper apologised, not Nigel.

I must've heard a completely different interview with NP after the game. One of the key quotes....

"There is no hiding place from a result and performance like that. I am the manager and I will take responsibility."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19340403

I reckon that Konchesky has become too relaxed in the first team, what with the fact that there is nobody pushing him for a place. He has been dreadful so far this season.

Also on this evidence Moore is probably the best option we have!

Kennedy did well at the end of last season, I think he should be given a go at left back.

Kennedy did well at the end of last season, I think he should be given a go at left back.

He's not featured in a single game this season, even as one of the seven players on the bench

Also pretty much absent from any of the pre-season stuff

Yes, let's put him straight into the side against Blackpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572