Pre Match Leicester City vs Watford Play-Off Semi Final 1st leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nerves will kick in around kick-off, but for now I'm confident that we can get the job done tonight.

I've told myself that this is a bonus, que sera and all that, but I know if things get tense it's going to be emotional hell.

We have to be positive at home. I'm expecting a similar game to the one a couple of weeks back, only this time I hope we can get a handle on the game and score first. That is crucial. Either way I think this will be an entertaining one for the neutral.

Cannot wait.

There are elephant statues outside the ground!

Started the day quite calm and seeing it as a 'bonus', now the tension has cranked up.

I don't know why I do it to myself. Particularly when history says that the first leg is worth naff all.

Last edited:
Oh how I'd love to be there today.

Can't help but think back to previous playoff games, but the Tranmere one keeps pushing itself to the front of my mind. Speedie coming off the bench, scoring a dubious late winner, getting into a fight with their notoriously psychotic goalkeeper, getting sent off and missing the final.

An eventful. 15 minutes. My young brain was fried by the end. I miss Filbo.

Eric Nixon (if my memory is correct). Walsheh was goading him as he was sent off, Filbo was rocking.

Came charging out the box like madman to the halfway line.

One of my favourite season reviews that one :)

Just leaving work, got a beer ready for when I get home to steady the nerves, then it's off to the city at 5.30.

Allez les bleu!!!!!

Wish I was there today but have already booked a flight as we will get to Wembley. Taking the afternoon off work to watch on BEIN - live on TV over here in the States. We must take advantage of the momentum for Saturday and start well - can't wait for the game as quite frankly last Saturday as we went into the last minute of the game I was not expecting to take the afternoon off. Still buzzing from those last few minutes and hopefully the players are as well !

Could be interesting how we line up. I reckon Dyer may well be dropped. His pace is totally pointless against Anya whose as quick as him. We can't leave space around the back as Watford will just counter attack us like they did two weeks ago. I wouldn't be at all surprised that we go very, very cautious and play two lines of four.

Gotta go direct at their back three though; only Cassetti blessed with height, there's a weakness there. In our last game, they got a lot of joy on the right hand side as Knockaert press their left centre-back rather than wing-back giving them the overlap each time. Similar Konchesky would be total disaster against a side such as Watford. Keep Jeff in.

Or, alternatively, just stick it right up 'em, the bunch of southern pooves....

Just listening to Muse -Supremacy

Let battle commence!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572