Speculation Leicester refused permission to talk to Pearson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As has been said by one or two fans, heaven knows what Pearson will make of Sol Bamba but he will identify with the no-nonsense style of Matt Mills and relish the untiring workrate of David Nugent. He will give a knowing nod to several players who, to a large extent, owe their bulging wage packets to him. He will clash repeatedly with Jermaine Beckford, who will be sold or loaned in January to a rival club who will subsequently be fired to the promised land by Beckford’s goals at Leicester’s expense. It’s all so inevitable.

It’s not going to work, you shouldn’t go back, we’ve moved on, we’re a different club now, we could have done better – all of the above with bells on. Bring it all on and more. This isn’t about any of that. This is about the moment and the emotion and what it feels like to be proud of a football team. It’s about that ludicrously optimistic reaction a managerial appointment can give you, even if you know deep down that you have no idea how it will pan out. It’s about having a blog that you set up to try to give unbiased opinion on the entire Football League – then shamelessly abandoning that idea when your own football club does something that makes you feel so strongly that you just start writing and forget to stop to have a drink even if your throat is a bit sore.

I think there’s a lump in it.

I wonder how right he will be?!

What do we have exactly?! A bunch of over-paid, under-performing 'stars'?

Exactly, players who probably want to believe that they are better than they are.

The owners rightly got fed up waiting for Sven to achieve something from their investments and have now brought in a manager who has achieved decent results at this level.

I'm not sure how this is going to play out with some of Sven's intake but I suspect that it will be for the good - might be difficult to get it sorted in time for promotion this season tho'

I've got to be honest, i never took the suggestion of Pearson seriously, it seemed the most unlkely appointment as i couldn't see him wanting to come back.

But now it's looking likely i think its a good appointment, and his back to basics approach is just what we need right now.

Interesting that people think this might threaten Bamba's posistion, I'd be more worried if i was Konchesky, as i think Pearson is likely to want a more defensive Full back. Not sure how he'll view Peltier.

I've got to be honest, i never took the suggestion of Pearson seriously, it seemed the most unlkely appointment as i couldn't see him wanting to come back.

But now it's looking likely i think its a good appointment, and his back to basics approach is just what we need right now.

Interesting that people think this might threaten Bamba's posistion, I'd be more worried if i was Konchesky, as i think Pearson is likely to want a more defensive Full back. Not sure how he'll view Peltier.

Well, Pearson brought in Tom Kennedy didn't he? Will be interesting to see what happens there.

I bet he'll like Michael Ball.

If Beckford can turn the 15 minutes he showed against Leeds into 90 minutes for the rest of the season he might be the one firing us into the Prem rather than his loan club.

If Beckford can turn the 15 minutes he showed against Leeds into 90 minutes for the rest of the season he might be the one firing us into the Prem rather than his loan club.

I must have nodded off then or something. What exactly did Beckford do different in those 15 minutes, other than run around a bit and not get stuck in and challenge for the ball again?

I will offer a cautious welcome back to Pearson. I just hope he doesn't bring any of his ex players back with him (and that includes Waghorn).

I will offer a cautious welcome back to Pearson. I just hope he doesn't bring any of his ex players back with him (and that includes Waghorn).

I Wouldn't say no to Hobbs, but i don't think Fryatt or Waghorn are the sollutions to our problems.

I must have nodded off then or something. What exactly did Beckford do different in those 15 minutes, other than run around a bit and not get stuck in and challenge for the ball again?

He ran around a lot, challenged and got well stuck in. It was very obvious to the non-blinkered

Thought I was the only with the same view. I didn't see anything different to what he has done in any other game - no better and no worse.

Thought I was the only with the same view. I didn't see anything different to what he has done in any other game - no better and no worse.

Were you at West Ham?

I will offer a cautious welcome back to Pearson. I just hope he doesn't bring any of his ex players back with him (and that includes Waghorn)

Well, like it or not, he'll be back sooner or later as he's only on loan there. I can't see them wanting to stump up for him either, he's hardly set the world alight there, has he?

I haven't seen the away games, but if he played like he did against Leeds then I'm even less sure why people were moaning than I was anyway. But then, I suppose that's pre-conceived ideas for you

I haven't seen the away games, but if he played like he did against Leeds then I'm even less sure why people were moaning than I was anyway. But then, I suppose that's pre-conceived ideas for you

Compared to the West Ham performance, he was like a different man against Leeds. Wanted the ball, fought for it and looked dangerous.

Well, like it or not, he'll be back sooner or later as he's only on loan there. I can't see them wanting to stump up for him either, he's hardly set the world alight there, has he?

I know, I don't see that he has a future with us either.

If Pearson comes and keeps Bamba in the starting 11, leaves Fryatt and Hobbs at Hull, doesn't insist on playing Waghorn when his loan spell ends and doesn't start alieniating some of the squad again i.e Beckford, then I'm happy for him to come back. BUT my concern is that this won't happen and that's why i'm not overjoyed by his potential appointment. I can see a train wreck further down the line with more money wasted and no real gain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669