Let's all laugh at Leeds Part 1,123

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Stevens comments. Leeds might well be able to pull in a big crowd when they need it, but we did that several times last season and it didn't work. As for the 'resources' ... I presume you mean Bate's cash? He won't plough much more in (especially if they fail again this coming season), so unless a big sugar daddy comes along they shouldn't be classed as anything other than a there or there abouts team IMO.

Bates can't last much longer at the rate he's finding money from....the club's finances are more mucky than any Russian billionaires playtoy-football fund.

It wouldn't have been that comfortable for them, they'd have finished second without the deduction. But that's assuming they'd have had the same results.

A point behind Swansea and a country mile infront of 3rd place

Without the deduction, and the pressure of being favourites to go up, they may not have performed as well. And that could be what happens to them next season.

Can we have a vbookie bet on that ?

A point behind Swansea and a country mile infront of 3rd place

You said there would be 23 teams playing for second place next season. I assume you are saying you think Leeds will be streets ahead of everyone else. But, as I said, it wouldn't have been that comfortable for them this season - they would only have finished second with the 15 points back, IF they'd done as well with the pressure on.
So why do you think they'll find it any easier next season?

I agree with Stevens comments. Leeds might well be able to pull in a big crowd when they need it, but we did that several times last season and it didn't work. As for the 'resources' ... I presume you mean Bate's cash? He won't plough much more in (especially if they fail again this coming season), so unless a big sugar daddy comes along they shouldn't be classed as anything other than a there or there abouts team IMO.

An average lge 1 attendance is probaly around the 10-12k mark.
Leeds have an approx average of 25k. The simple equation if the club is managed properly is that Leeds will generate more money than any other club in lge 1. More money will attract better players. If their manager gets it right then the others can't compete with them. I dont see any arguement with that. If anyone thinks that Leeds are finished, then they dont know football.

You said there would be 23 teams playing for second place next season. I assume you are saying you think Leeds will be streets ahead of everyone else. But, as I said, it wouldn't have been that comfortable for them this season - they would only have finished second with the 15 points back, IF they'd done as well with the pressure on.
So why do you think they'll find it any easier next season?

Why do you assume they would have bottled it? It may well have gone the other way

Last edited:
Why do you assume they would have bottled it? It may well have gone the other way

At the start oif the season when no one expected them to finish in the top two, they played well. Then when they got into the top 6 and people expected them to finish in the top two, the pressure was on and they had a bad run. Then when automatic promotion looked beyond them they started doing well again because the pressure was off. The pressure was on against Doncaster, and they bottled it again. It's been the pattern at Leeds for a few years, they don't perform in the big games.

MLSE, by the latest reports.

Needed Leeds to go up to win some money so they were never in with a chance.

Come on you Millwall. :038: :icon_razz

Millwall or Leeds,what a fecking choice

We should be thankful that that is only the choice for the semi-final. There's still a chance for both of them to go out.

the leeds fans i know loved reminding me that they were the biggest club in league one ! Looks like they could well be saying it next season too :081:
cant say i care much for millwall either .

We should be thankful that that is only the choice for the semi-final. There's still a chance for both of them to go out.

That is what I am hoping for. :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00