Lineker v The BBC

Ah fair enough, I just had no idea what was going on. I am starting to appreciate Cook and Moore. I think it may have been yourself that posted the **** youtube clip, my colleagues thought I'd lost the plot in the office. Glad I had my earphones in for that one!
And blimey, Macky is a name I've not seen around for a long time! I wonder if he, Melts and Newts went and started their own forum.
:018: Nwets

If anyone like the Jesus character existed in real life, modern day western Christians would be screaming to have him arrested, publicly beaten and executed
Have you heard anything about Jesus? That's basically what happened (with the dominant religion of the time in place taking Western Christianity's place

I'm amazed that something I wrote very much tongue in cheek has caused so much mirth and hilarity.
Dudley Moore died from one of the most rare, slow, lingering deaths imaginable. Maybe Jesus and God had their revenge for the profanities.
I only know that fact because a very close family relative died from the same thing which affects only one person in a million.
As far as I know he was a good man and, coincidentally, an active church member. People inferring they know my beliefs are very wide of the mark.

I'm amazed that something I wrote very much tongue in cheek has caused so much mirth and hilarity.
Dudley Moore died from one of the most rare, slow, lingering deaths imaginable. Maybe Jesus and God had their revenge for the profanities.
I only know that fact because a very close family relative died from the same thing which affects only one person in a million.
As far as I know he was a good man and, coincidentally, an active church member. People inferring they know my beliefs are very wide of the mark.
A sky fairy with an infinite amount of forgiveness and tolerance decided to torture someone to death for saying some naughty words? Sounds legit to me.

So what? No one had any doubt. That isn't what this is all about.
He as an individual has come in for a lot of shit for expressing this valid and correct opinion. I’ll leave you to look it up. Everything from virtue signalling to trying to divert attention from his tax situation,

Perhaps Jebus will strike him down for for it.

The only problem I have with what Lineker said is that he likened the Government's language to what was used by Germany in the 30s. Many people have mistakenly interpreted this as him saying they are acting like Nazis. At a time that Putin insists he is waging war on Nazism, he is likely to take advantage of this in that if so many people feel a well respected celebrity is saying this, it must be true.
I don't like to think that anything would give any comfort to Putin and for that reason alone I think that Lineker could have chosen *his* language more carefully.

The only problem I have with what Lineker said is that he likened the Government's language to what was used by Germany in the 30s. Many people have mistakenly interpreted this as him saying they are acting like Nazis. At a time that Putin insists he is waging war on Nazism, he is likely to take advantage of this in that if so many people feel a well respected celebrity is saying this, it must be true.
I don't like to think that anything would give any comfort to Putin and for that reason alone I think that Lineker could have chosen *his* language more carefully.
Russian state media was reporting last week that Brits are eating squirrels because of the cost of living. I think they’ll do, say and interpret what they like.

Russian state media was reporting last week that Brits are eating squirrels because of the cost of living. I think they’ll do, say and interpret what they like.
So why give them any assistance?

So why give them any assistance?
Again, they will say whatever they like for the purpose of propaganda.

Do you think they’re likely to report of on a high profile, well like celebrity criticising their own government?

By the time anything is regurgitated to the Russian people it will be unrecognisable from what was originally said anyway.

Fair play for coming up with a new and quite daft take on the story though.

This is one of the less stupid ones, I thought
To me its crossing the line into ‘you can’t criticise the government if you have a platform’ which is what this is all about, obviously.

If Putin is prepared to take what Linekar said, add in the word ‘Nazi’ and present it in a way which makes the British government look bad but doesn’t glorify criticising power, they could do it with anything.

I’m mentally prepared for the Tories to blame the next Russian atrocity on Gary Linekar now I guess.

Last edited:
For what it’s worth I apologise to Boc for saying his opinion is daft. Sorry mate.

To me its crossing the line into ‘you can’t criticise the government if you have a platform’ which is what this is all about, obviously.

If Putin is prepared to take what Linekar said, add in the word ‘Nazi’ and present it in a way which makes the British government look bad but doesn’t glorify criticising power, they could do it with anything.

I’m mentally prepared for the Tories to blame the next Russian atrocity on Gary Linekar now I guess.
As a devotee of Gary's you might at least spell his name correctly.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463