Pre Match Liverpool v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I think you are slightly misguided Kaputska plays the same position as Mahrez, Gray is great going forward but offers nothing defensively although I am sure that will improve with age. As for Schlupp he is bone idle positionally he is terrible! What Albrighton gives to our team is Balance,Vision and great positional play, I hope CR has the same ethos as last year "if it is not broken do not fix it".
The bottom line is CR is building a squad for the Champs League,Prem and beyond he will use all the players at his disposal this year he will have no choice.

So you think Albrighton is going to start in the majority of games this season then. interesting. I think he'll start in less than half.

So who are they replacing in the "strike force"

And you seem to be arguing for okazaki and Albrighton to be replaced but calling it rotated.

I agree we have a squad now.

Are you not understanding the concept of squad rotation?

You have can have 4 or more equally good strikers/wingers that you play any combination of 2 from each match because they cannot keep playing twice a week and maintain peak fitness and be injury free with the correct recovery times.

So if Vardy is rested to the bench in one match and Musa starts, it does not mean Musa has 'replaced' Vardy as first choice striker.

Are you not understanding the concept of squad rotation?

You have can have 4 or more equally good strikers/wingers that you play any combination of 2 from each match because they cannot keep playing twice a week and maintain peak fitness and be injury free with the correct recovery times.

So if Vardy is rested to the bench in one match and Musa starts, it does not mean Musa has 'replaced' Vardy as first choice striker.

Sure I understand squad rotation but I don't agree with your sense of it. I don't believe that we are going to get a 50% timeshare. For me a squad is a deep team where the best will play 75% to 80% of the games and the others will get perhaps 20%.

Even over the next 2 weeks I think we'll go with who CR thinks is best at the moment. It's too early in the season to swap players over when they need the time playing together more than they need a rest.

Slimani will start. Fact.

not sure. He won't have had any time with the team will he? Still it would be fun. I can't see Okazaki playing either if he's in his second game of the last few days on Thursday. Can't see him being recovered for Saturday after that and flying back.

not sure. He won't have had any time with the team will he? Still it would be fun. I can't see Okazaki playing either if he's in his second game of the last few days on Thursday. Can't see him being recovered for Saturday after that and flying back.
Japan aren't playing again on Thursday, are they?

They are playing their next game on a Thursday though, in October.

okay, maybe I misread a well researched article - it's possible.

So you think Albrighton is going to start in the majority of games this season then. interesting. I think he'll start in less than half.
I'll be amazed if he starts in less than half.

Its a puzzle, we have never been here before we as supporters are learning, which players will play who gets rested and when and in which games is the decision of the Manager. We can all argue literally until we are blue in the face, which players should or shouldn't play and all of us will be correct in our own heads. I have no doubt that Ranieri is miles in front of us all, he already knows his best teams for the League,and the Champions League. Injures and form will play a part but the basic sides are already picked.

At this stage I think we are too vulnerable to play both musa and mahrez on the wings. I would be certain that Musa will offer nowhere near as much defensively as Albrighton. In terms of Slimani, he may take Okazaki's place but we have no way of knowing this yet. For all we know, he may end up being a useless pile of crap.

Ranieri, and nearly all fans, know you cannot play your best 11 for six games in three weeks and hope that they can perform at their best, without fatigue or injury.

Having different types of player such as Slimani and Musa does also give Ranieri tactical options for PL games as well, so we might see Okazaki start a CL match because Slimani played the PL game 3/4 days earlier.

Exciting times!

The front 4 are not the problem.

Wes get's back from his regular pointless trip to Jamaica early on Friday, hardly great prep for a massive game at Anfield the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669