Local Football/Non-League Thread 2010-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some interesting comments! :038: :icon_bigg

I've been reporting on the Coalville games in the FA Vase since the 5th Round (the day City played away at Derby) and I'm still pretty new to the job so rather rough around the edges!

Thoroughly enjoyed following their progress in the competition and really looking forward to going Wembley now.

Barwell 11 clear with five to go, three wins should be enough. This will see them play some big non league names like FC United and Bradford Park Avenue.

Coalville are eight pts behind with 3 games in hand, they have Tipton on the 16/4 which is the title decider.

Shepshed set for relegation, difficult to say what division they'll go in.

Barwell 11 clear with five to go, three wins should be enough. This will see them play some big non league names like FC United and Bradford Park Avenue.

Coalville are eight pts behind with 3 games in hand, they have Tipton on the 16/4 which is the title decider.

Shepshed set for relegation, difficult to say what division they'll go in.

Although FC United are currently in the play-off places so may yet get promoted higher up the pyramid themselves.

Barwell lost today, so now 7 clear with four games to play. Two wins enough. Problem is they play Newcastle Town, 2nd next Saturday.

Coalville also lost but Tipton drew. Meaning Coalville could equal Tipton's points total with their games in hand and go above them on goal difference. All rides on next Saturday's game.

Barwell beat Belper Town 1-0 last night, putting themselves ten points clear of Newcastle Town with three left to play. Newcastle however have a game in hand and the top two still have each other to play (this Saturday at Newcastle), so it isn't quite over yet.

It's worth mentioning that Hinckley still need a win to secure their survival in the Conference North. It's unlikely they will go down as things stand, but if they somehow manage it they could well be facing Barwell in the league next season. They have play off challenging Telford at home this weekend, so they might be relying on other sides to lose if they are to secure survival on Saturday.

It's worth mentioning that Hinckley still need a win to secure their survival in the Conference North. It's unlikely they will go down as things stand, but if they somehow manage it they could well be facing Barwell in the league next season.

Blimey. The Milan, Liverpool, Manchester and Glasgow derbies pale into insignificance alongside that one.

This is why I thought it was worth bringing up. I can only imagine the fear running through the Leicestershire Constabulary at such a prospect.

Blimey. The Milan, Liverpool, Manchester and Glasgow derbies pale into insignificance alongside that one.

Indeed both respective grounds are fifteen minutes walk away at a push.

That said I'd be interested to know if Barwell have to do anything to Kirkby Lane as atm, it's a simply a stand with a small kitchen and the directors room is a static caravan.

Oh yeah...Coalville cocked up promotion, lost last night.

Last edited:

Much further apart than they used to be then.
Hinckley FC (who merged with Barwell Athletic to form Barwell FC) and Hinckley Athletic (who merged with Hinckley Town to become Hinckley United) both used to play at the same ground on Middlefield Lane.

When Hinckley FC were the third best team in the town I went to one of their matches. The official attendance was something like 15. The move to Barwell obviously did them some good.

Coalville at Wembley on 8th May and well deserved!
Will they be the only Leicestershire team at Wembley this season?

Wonder how many Leicestershire folk who slag Coalville to high heaven will be taking the chance to visit Wembley?

That said I'd be interested to know if Barwell have to do anything to Kirkby Lane as atm, it's a simply a stand with a small kitchen and the directors room is a static caravan.

Not quite.... they can still do it.

They have to beat Tipton and win their two games in hand to bring them level on points with them.

Barwell lost 4-1 at Newcastle, so no promotion today. They only need to win one of their two remaining games to win the title though.

And Hinckley drew 1-1 at home to Telford and are now mathematically safe.

The kitchen bit at Barwell always makes me laugh. Even the tea stand is like someone's house. :icon_lol:

The kitchen bit at Barwell always makes me laugh. Even the tea stand is like someone's house. :icon_lol:

The Barwell chairman said on RL that they have a couple of things to do to make the grade (F I think he said) but nothing major. He didn't seem too concerned.

Coalville can go 3 points behind Tipton with a win at Biddulph tonight.....they're currently 6 points behind with 2 games in hand. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Coalville can go 3 points behind Tipton with a win at Biddulph tonight.....they're currently 6 points behind with 2 games in hand. Fingers crossed.

All eleven of them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670