McAuley to sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
dpjfox said:
Anyone got any links to a Lincoln site where we could get their supporters views on him? ie best position/is he any good!

The Lincoln Rivals MB has been closed down because they were having problems with abusive messages - they've been scrapping with Grimsby for the past week or so - ho, ho!

They have a reserve board which at the moment has nothing on it - if you dash along you could be first. But be warned - they don't want McAuley to go, so they might not take kindly to enquiries of the sort you have in mind.

Just had a look around their other MBs. The one on their OffSite has been closed down as well. It looks as though this one is the busiest.

We will only sign 1 defender this summer and none of the current back four will be leaving unless the club receive a stupid offer. Nissa is likely to play left back next season as the McAuley deal looks like going through. If it falls through then we may sign a left back in which case Nissa will cover CB.

The only other signings will be 2 midfielders. Rob prefers a central midfileder and a left mid. He thinks he can convert Maybury into a proper right sided midfielder. A deal for Welsh is unlikely with Sunderland looking for a fee. Tiatto is unlikely to stay as he has been offered vastly reduced terms. Rob is keen on him as experienced backup but no more than that.

The only chance of more transfers are if the club can move some fringe players on. There are some lower league clubs looking at Elvis. De Vries is definately not wanted. There may be some movement with Sylla and Douglas too. If these all happened the club would have more room to bring in others. Don't expect many moves though. There are plenty of negotiations ongoing at the moment though and Rob is definately not away on holiday.

And lastly Kelly has his eye on a couple of coaches. It could be one or the other or maybe even both.

Smiley Tom said:
We will only sign 1 defender this summer and none of the current back four will be leaving unless the club receive a stupid offer. Nissa is likely to play left back next season as the McAuley deal looks like going through. If it falls through then we may sign a left back in which case Nissa will cover CB.

The only other signings will be 2 midfielders. Rob prefers a central midfileder and a left mid. He thinks he can convert Maybury into a proper right sided midfielder. A deal for Welsh is unlikely with Sunderland looking for a fee. Tiatto is unlikely to stay as he has been offered vastly reduced terms. Rob is keen on him as experienced backup but no more than that.

The only chance of more transfers are if the club can move some fringe players on. There are some lower league clubs looking at Elvis. De Vries is definately not wanted. There may be some movement with Sylla and Douglas too. If these all happened the club would have more room to bring in others. Don't expect many moves though. There are plenty of negotiations ongoing at the moment though and Rob is definately not away on holiday.

And lastly Kelly has his eye on a couple of coaches. It could be one or the other or maybe even both.

Do you know this from a source or is this just a guess?

Smiley Tom said:

Still doesnt explain to me who is dropping to the bench. Presumably not McCarthy as he is set to be named skipper. Would be harsh on Kisnorbo and Gerrbrand derseves a chance too. Is McAuley coming here as 4th choice centre back (an optimistic viewpoint as Stearman and Nisa can play there too).

Smiley Tom said:

Tom you appear to state this as fact os this so and if so what is your source?

Last edited:
Smiley Tom said:

from what he said to me this weekend he's staying with us this season:116:

city have just confirmed the friendly with lincoln...

hmmm, could they have sorted the friendly as part of the deal?

OldGit said:
Bloody hell, Boc, your memoriy's better than mine!:icon_eek:

What memory? I just have an uncanny knack with search engines!

Last edited:
Durham Fox said:
Still doesnt explain to me who is dropping to the bench. Presumably not McCarthy as he is set to be named skipper. Would be harsh on Kisnorbo and Gerrbrand derseves a chance too. Is McAuley coming here as 4th choice centre back (an optimistic viewpoint as Stearman and Nisa can play there too).

why does anybody have to be dropped?

as Tom said, Nissa would stay at left back if MsCaley was to sign. leaving him as 3rd Choice ahead of Gerrbrand.

I cam't see stearman ever getting a chance at CB while he's here. i hope it doesn't frustrate him too much.

didn't lincoln make Newcastle play a friendly against them when they signed Huckerby?

I doubt the friendly with Lincoln has anything to do with us possibly signing McCauley, seeing as he's out of contract anyway so we don't need to agree any sort of terms with his club.

And even if it was part of a deal, then I don't think they'd announce the friendly before the signing was finalised anyway.

Nathan said:
why does anybody have to be dropped?

as Tom said, Nissa would stay at left back if MsCaley was to sign. leaving him as 3rd Choice ahead of Gerrbrand.

I cam't see stearman ever getting a chance at CB while he's here. i hope it doesn't frustrate him too much.

For the Leicester Ladies?:098:

Incidentally, I noticed that the OS reported that the ladies "Finished on a climax" :icon_lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669