Message from the Chairman

Or, just a thought, someone is sharing their expertise on an approach that looks to be a strategic mistake. The latest in a long line of them. Isn’t the fact that there is so much back and forth about it prove that the message is unclear?

Again, I’m not one to bury Top, I’ve been pretty clear on that before. I have a LOT of sympathy for him. I don’t think the abuse is fair or correct - though he certainly has some serious questions to answer.

Genuine question….
How does this statement help unite the club and move it forward?
I love it when you get like this.

I don’t see anything wrong with the statement.

I read this:-

• We are really disappointed this has happened.
  • I have seen and heard the criticism
  • I have even been asked if I am selling up.
  • I’m not, I’m committed. We had a dream and vision for the club and I still intend to deliver.
  • We’ll be back. Let’s come together and put this right.

What’s wrong with that? His family have written off hundreds of millions for the benefit of the club, given us our best days, and all some want to do is shit on them when it gets a bit tough or demand an apology like a jilted ****ing Karen.

Unquestionably there have been mistakes. They got conned by an elite snake oil salesman. I get the feeling lesson has been learned. People make mistakes. That’s why they put rubbers on pencils.

For every one good owner there are fifty crooks. We have a good one. We failed. So what. Big boy pants time. Let’s get the **** up together and not cry about it and point fingers. It’s not turn on anyone time. It’s come together time. I’m well up for the next leg of the journey. LFG.

Here’s Leeds’ statement in contrast. Note the apology, the acknowledgement that they’ve ****ed up, and the reassurance that they’re going to sort it out. I’d much rather read this than the bollocks Top has spouted.

—————

Everyone connected with Leeds United is deeply disappointed by the club’s relegation back to the Sky Bet Championship, after three seasons in the Premier League.

Relegation is painful, and we apologise to our fanbase that the performances this season have not seen the club consolidate our status as we had all hoped.

However, Leeds United remains in a strong position to build a team that can challenge for promotion from the Championship next season.

We know things have not been good enough, we know we have to improve, but please be assured that behind the scenes we have worked hard to ensure that the past will not be repeated. Our focus is now on how we get straight back to the Premier League.

Thank you for your unwavering support for the players and the badge, our objective is to continue to build the club into the one you deserve.
This is a club statement, not the heartfelt words from an owner who is as disconnected from a club as can be possible.

The only statement I've seen from Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani today is about maintaining the financial stability of Sampdoria.

They haven't quite given the fans the same experience that our owners have, and can't talk about positive memories but please go and take comfort in the Leeds PR department's sincere apology.

Interestingly (and according to the Mockery) many Leeds fans preferred Top's statement to their own club's.

This is a club statement, not the heartfelt words from an owner who is as disconnected from a club as can be possible.

The only statement I've seen from Leeds owner Andrea Radrizzani today is about maintaining the financial stability of Sampdoria.

They haven't quite given the fans the same experience that our owners have, and can't talk about positive memories but please go and take comfort in the Leeds PR department's sincere apology.
Also they aren’t talking about what they have achieved over the last 10 years, because they have achieved **** all. Honest to god. Who gives a **** about Leeds.

• I’m not, I’m committed. We had a dream and vision for the club and I still intend to deliver.

What’s wrong with that? His family have written off hundreds of millions for the benefit of the club, given us our best days, and all some want to do is shit on them when it gets a bit tough or demand an apology like a jilted ****ing Karen.

Unquestionably there have been mistakes. They got conned by an elite snake oil salesman. I get the feeling lesson has been learned. People make mistakes. That’s why they put rubbers on pencils.

For every one good owner there are fifty crooks. We have a good one. We failed. So what. Big boy pants time. Let’s get the **** up together and not cry about it and point fingers. It’s not turn on anyone time. It’s come together time. I’m well up for the next leg of the journey. LFG.
This is spot on.

Excellent.
Also they aren’t talking about what they have achieved over the last 10 years, because they have achieved **** all. Honest to god. Who gives a **** about Leeds.
Even excellenter.

Here’s Leeds’ statement in contrast. Note the apology, the acknowledgement that they’ve ****ed up, and the reassurance that they’re going to sort it out. I’d much rather read this than the bollocks Top has spouted.

—————

Everyone connected with Leeds United is deeply disappointed by the club’s relegation back to the Sky Bet Championship, after three seasons in the Premier League.

Relegation is painful, and we apologise to our fanbase that the performances this season have not seen the club consolidate our status as we had all hoped.

However, Leeds United remains in a strong position to build a team that can challenge for promotion from the Championship next season.

We know things have not been good enough, we know we have to improve, but please be assured that behind the scenes we have worked hard to ensure that the past will not be repeated. Our focus is now on how we get straight back to the Premier League.

Thank you for your unwavering support for the players and the badge, our objective is to continue to build the club into the one you deserve.
This is ****ing awful. Cold, disconnected bollocks that sounds like it's been written by an AI bot.

I don't need a grovelling 'sorry', it's meaningless to me. I especially don't need a completely ****ing plastic apology like this. It's all bluster and bollocks.

I think for him personally he should be looking to do that. He's ended up with the club by fate rather than choice and hasn't really been fit/Interested enough to run it. I've sympathy with him but we are the incontinent dog he's had to take on due to a bereavement and he can't bare to let go.

From the club's side of things. A ****ing minefield getting new owners. Could be grand, could be shit. If it's going to be shit anyway I'd be tempted with a change, even though shit could be worse shit than this lot would be capable of. Someone give me the money and I'll buy the club, problem solved.
The problem is, under this 'shit' we had two top 6 finishes and an FA Cup. I mean, it went completely bollocks up but under other 'shit' we'd be a whole lot worse off and more than likely an FA Cup, Charity Shield and European run shorter.

Like I say, i think we're way, way better off with KP than without them, he just needs much better people around him. He's not an expert and he's never going to be, he needs to surround himself with those.

The problem is, under this 'shit' we had two top 6 finishes and an FA Cup. I mean, it went completely bollocks up but under other 'shit' we'd be a whole lot worse off and more than likely an FA Cup, Charity Shield and European run shorter.

Like I say, i think we're way, way better off with KP than without them, he just needs much better people around him. He's not an expert and he's never going to be, he needs to surround himself with those.

Aye....the slide has been impressive and i genuinely don't think he's got it in him to turn it around. The things he mentions (building the background shit up to get success) has all gone now. Our last good transfer window was under Puel. It's been a long time in the works the way we've ended up. Hopefully he finds some notes his dad might have left about. Rudders can shoulder loads of the blame (Rodgers etc too) but the owners shouldn't have needed expert input to work out where this was heading.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463