Moan In

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barber inplied that the FT had told him the bid was £3M, having asked him who gave him this information, he refuses to quote his source. If I ever find out it was the FT who gave that information I shall resign from the FT and advise everyone else to do the same. The FT have constantly been stirring it to the extent that I think thye have a hidden agenda.

Disgraceful these newspapers. You always used to be able to trust what was in the pink 'un ;)

Barber inplied that the FT had told him the bid was £3M, having asked him who gave him this information, he refuses to quote his source. If I ever find out it was the FT who gave that information I shall resign from the FT and advise everyone else to do the same. The FT have constantly been stirring it to the extent that I think thye have a hidden agenda.

I wouldn't bother Harry. There will be no need to do that soon.

Barber implied nothing of the sort.

I'm still in favour, if the terms are right for the football club.:icon_redf

What I am interested in is the best long term future of our football club, if this is it and it provides us with more year on year investment in new signings and wages then I would be for it, if it doesn’t lets move on. If it's MM then lets get him in.

Agreed, and as the largest group they represent more fans than any other single individual or group, no more no less.

About 900 members compared to 16/17,000 regulars that turn up week in week out - and a few thousand others who go when they can afford to

That's about 5% of the 'supporting' fanbase at best

What about the group of season ticket holders who turn up at every game?

No one single person or group represents them.

But if you are asking should this go to a ballot of season ticket holders if the board were recommending it then I would be in favour.

But if you are asking should this go to a ballot of season ticket holders if the board were recommending it then I would be in favour.

Why only if the board were recommending it? Why do they have the first say?

Is that like having a refurendum once the government has decided whats going to happen?

About 900 members compared to 16/17,000 regulars that turn up week in week out - and a few thousand others who go when they can afford to

That's about 5% of the 'supporting' fanbase at best

It's a free world, they can chose to join the FT or not. Trying to get a consensus view out of the mass of supporters is an impossible task I would say.

As a season ticket holder I would disagree - you might as well ask the tea lady. Anyway, this is a bit frivolous, it's a decision for the shareholders to make.

do i take it we wont be participating with 2 teams in the 5 a side of which all proceeds go the FT? :102:

Why only if the board were recommending it? Why do they have the first say?

Is that like having a refurendum once the government has decided whats going to happen?

If the board are not recommending it then there is nothing to vote on.

As a season ticket holder I would disagree - you might as well ask the tea lady. Anyway, this is a bit frivolous, it's a decision for the shareholders to make.

With such a major issue I think the fans should have a say.

I would expect however that the club would explain fully the long term financial case for doing so, in order that the fans could assess any deal properly.

With such a major issue I think the fans should have a say.

I would expect however that the club would explain fully the long term financial case for doing so, in order that the fans could assess any deal properly.

do you really think they will let the bunch of monkeys that go down the walkers decide the financial future of the club?:102:

do you really think they will let the bunch of monkeys that go down the walkers decide the financial future of the club?:102:

I doubt it FC - there's no way they're going to let the first team have a say in this

Surely if the board agree to the MM or any takeover then it is a done deal as I would have thought that the % needed by MM or AN Other to take over the club would have been sitting around the table as majority shareholders?? :102:
Putting it to the rest of the shareholders would be a formality?

Surely if the board agree to the MM or any takeover then it is a done deal as I would have thought that the % needed by MM or AN Other to take over the club would have been sitting around the table as majority shareholders?? :102:

I'm sure the board members don't own enough shares to have the required majority.

The board is not made up of the biggest shareholders. Example, Tony Lander is on the board but is one of the smallest share holders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00