Muzzy Izzet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Hunt Smells said:
It is. Bit of realism for a change!
actually it was a realsharapovaism, Ill fetch me smoking jacket......

Real Sharapova said:
He wouldn't be on 0 - one assumes there would be an insurance payout.

As he's settling with Birmingham, I don't think it would make a difference as to what money he gets from them whether he comes to us or not. If he was retiring, different matter I suppose, and that would make this whole conversation void, but report differ over whether he is or not.

Real Sharapova said:
I think it's time to move on.

So, coming into the most depressing part of the year with no football, on the back of a bad season, our best players rumoured to be off, their replacements rumoured to be rubbish, no money to spend, the groundshare coming back, an unproven manager, a spinless board and the England squad containing someone who struggled against our team, you're telling me I have to let go of the only bit of hope that I have? :icon_cry:

Leigh said:
So, coming into the most depressing part of the year with no football, on the back of a bad season, our best players rumoured to be off, their replacements rumoured to be rubbish, no money to spend, the groundshare coming back, an unproven manager, a spinless board and the England squad containing someone who struggled against our team, you're telling me I have to let go of the only bit of hope that I have? :icon_cry:

I thought I was the only person who posted this sort of depressing stuff....anyway, you can't call the board "spinless" - they or their mouthpiece have projected the Conference play-off as a world class event. Trust me they are not spinless.

On a slightly less serious note, I would rather have an "unproven" manager than the re-cycled failures that often pick up job after job.....although I think RK will have his work cut out to maintain momentum next season because of the lack of finance.

Leigh said:
As typos go that was a pretty good one.
I read yours and Redditch's post and I didn't realise there was a typo in there. I was reading it as "Spineless" and not "Spinless" as it quite clearly says. I read it right even though it read wrong :redface: So much for my reading skills!!

Last edited:
Leigh said:
our best players rumoured to be off :icon_cry:
That's all they are, rumours. I wouldn't get your knickers in a twist too much, as the papers have plenty of empty spaces too fill between now and the start of the new season.

bocadillo said:
... but is another player that we can't afford.
I wouldn't be so confident about that, No idea what is on at Bolton, but if we are the only club to take an interest then I'm sure he would prefer to play and get paid then sit at home and do nothing!

leicester_til_i_die said:
I wouldn't be so confident about that, No idea what is on at Bolton, but if we are the only club to take an interest then I'm sure he would prefer to play and get paid then sit at home and do nothing!

If we were the only club to take an interest, I think I would be wanting to know the reason why.

bocadillo said:
If we were the only club to take an interest, I think I would be wanting to know the reason why.
don't get me wrong i don't think we would be the only club if we did take an interest, and i would think the same as you if we were, but my point was i wouldn't be too quick to jump to the conclusion we couldn't afford him, a player with his past injury's and lack of performances at bolton wont be signed up to quick on massive amounts. It will be the same situation Morris will be in, no one will take a big risk because of his injury's so will sign him on a pay as you play deal

The rumour, although on another forum, is that Muzzy is working with Dave Rennie at the Walkers, now bearing in mind that he is a player from a rival club, it says to me that his release has been agreed with Brum. I certainly cannot believe they would agree to him recieving medical assistance from a rival club.

My conspiracy theory is that Muzz is / has definately left Birmingham and Rennie is assessing his fitness prior to a deal being finalised.

Would be great if we could get him back, but I'd say its probably unlikely to happen.

Here's hoping aye (but only if we can keep him fit)

What happened to building for the future? Why would we want to be littered with old crocks? Haven't we had enough of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69