Muzzy Izzet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Melton Fox said:
No you didn't. I must have read something into your post that wasn't there. If so, I apologise

Don't worry. ;) I just get defensive when it comes to Muzzy.

Leigh said:
Don't worry. ;) I just get defensive when it comes to Muzzy.
Understandably so, he is a fine looking young man :icon_wink

As much as Izzet is a legend at this club, we have to forget about his past with us for a second and think about this:

Do we risk signing a player that hasn't played regular football due to injury?

No, simple as. Muzzy is a legend but he isn't the player we need.

bocadillo said:
That's bollocks - he played six consecutive games for Birmingham at the start of this season.

I sincerely hope he does retire and I think now is the right time to do it. Three reasons:

Reason 1. To protect his physical health. He has a long life ahead of him and playing on will almost certainly cost him physically in the long term.

Reason 2. Presumably his insurance pay-out will be based on his final salary - therefore better to take it now than to drop down the leagues and take it later based on a lower salary.

Reason 3. To shut up the people on here that keep spouting on that he could do a good job for us. He couldn't!!

He most certainly COULD do a job for us...whether he actually WILL is a different matter:icon_lol:

Don't get on peoples case for dreaming...it's okay to dream!

Leigh said:
Do you think people will really slate? Guppy came back and got praised by everyone in the stadium, despite most agreeing that he was in no way the same player. I don't think if he came back my memories of him would be diminished in any way, in fact they'd probably be enhanced because it would re-affirm where his heart really is.

Despite his injury problems he's still managed to play in nearly 20 games for Brum this season. If he could manage that for us next season it would be fantastic. Kelly has hinted at buying in some experienced players (and we're certainly lacking someone like that in central midfield), I'd rather have Muzzy back than another Dublin/Keown/Brevett.

Sadly I fear this discussion to be academic though as it'd just be too good, IMO, to be true.
Yes I do think if he would be slated by an element of the crowd they are a fickle lot.
Like you I am a big fan of Muzzy and would hate it if he came back and was a flop so I would rather he retired or went to pastures new.
As for Guppy I am also a big fan but I have a mate who said he never rated him and he did slate him on his return.

SamuearlJackson said:
would anyone seriously object if he came back on a pay-to-play basis?
Yes, it would disrupt the team on a week by week basis, as I can't see him stringing two games together, I'm afraid.

would you go from 30 to 0

lako42 said:
would you go from 30 to 0
He wouldn't be on 0 - one assumes there would be an insurance payout, plus no doubt he's got investments all over the shop, and maybe shares in a business or two. He could then go on to the gravy train known as " media work " or consider coaching.

From another forum someone made a very good point that if izzet were to join the euphoria would be huge and in no doubt boost season ticket sales.

If an extra 2k season tickets sold at say £250 thats £500000 from them.

If he performs on the pitch then the financial awards I dont need to tell you the potential.

I would take a gamble on him with a short term contract either 6 months or a year.

Real Sharapova said:
He wouldn't be on 0 - one assumes there would be an insurance payout, plus no doubt he's got investments all over the shop, and maybe shares in a business or two. He could then go on to the gravy train known as " media work " or consider coaching.
And there is always his race horse.:icon_roll

Chrysalis said:
From another forum someone made a very good point that if izzet were to join the euphoria would be huge and in no doubt boost season ticket sales.

If an extra 2k season tickets sold at say £250 thats £500000 from them.

If he performs on the pitch then the financial awards I dont need to tell you the potential.

I would take a gamble on him with a short term contract either 6 months or a year.
At what salary?

Mike Hunt Smells said:
Pay-as-you-play.
I really do not think he would be bothered. He didn't seem supremely motivated with us from time to time during his last year with us. I think it's time to move on.

Real Sharapova said:
I really do not think he would be bothered. He didn't seem supremely motivated with us from time to time during his last year with us. I think it's time to move on.
About the most sensible thing anyone has said in this thread.

Real Sharapova said:
fcukcov said:
About the most sensible thing anyone has said in this thread.
:038: Hurrah we can end this debate now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669