Muzzy Izzet

Status
Not open for further replies.
OldGit said:
No, the guy in his mirror ;)
He looks like me that guy, but you are right, he is a kunt, albeit a handsome kunt

Does he ever fall asleep on your sofa?

DesertFox said:
I ALWAYS blame Thatcher. For everything. Bitch.
:018: IMO Maggie has been our best PM since Churchill but as this forum is about LCFC and not politics I will leave it at that and I request that other posters on here do likewise.

Stevie Lynex on the wing said:
:018: IMO Maggie has been our best PM since Churchill but as this forum is about LCFC and not politics I will leave it at that and I request that other posters on here do likewise.

Oh my god.....

SSN were reporting today that Birmingham were working out a deal with Muzzy. Didn't say he was retiring though. If he passed the medical and dropped his wages massively, I'd still take him...

Actually I'd take him anyway.

No, no, as MK, said, I WAS talking about Ben Thatcher.... the bitch!

:icon_wink :icon_wink :icon_wink :018: :icon_cool

But point taken.
Even if it is from a tory!!! :icon_wink

DesertFox said:
No, no, as MK, said, I WAS talking about Ben Thatcher.... the bitch!

:icon_wink :icon_wink :icon_wink :018: :icon_cool

But point taken.
Even if it is from a tory!!! :icon_wink
OldGit said:
I blame Thatcher. Education went into terminal decline under her. Andshe stopped kids getting free milk at scholl - we now have a generation whose bones are so weak they keep breaking their metatarsals. never used to happen:
:confused: I thought you were answering OldGit's post Desert so apoologies if I got you wrong.

Leigh said:
SSN were reporting today that Birmingham were working out a deal with Muzzy. Didn't say he was retiring though. If he passed the medical and dropped his wages massively, I'd still take him...

Actually I'd take him anyway.

should clarify that that deal wasn't to extend his contract or anything but was to bring it to an early end due to his frequent injury problems and obviously the fact the brummies have gone down means they need to cut their squad size. We'd get Muzzy on a free if we wanted him but even if he did can you see him shaking off his injury problems? =/

I agree with Leigh, if Muzzy is negotiating a settlement on his contract it is very unlikely he is retireing. I think many of his injury problems have stemmed from Birmingham's position and Bruce in his desperation to try and get his better players back, rushing him back and thus causing further setbacks, the same has happened with David Dunn and I think Forsell was similar.

We made similar mistakes with Weso and Hughes where our circumstances forced their inclusion too early after their injuries and I have no doubt that this contributed to recurrances in their injuries.

IMO if Muzzy can himself right over the summer and back in some semblance of fitness, he would still be a superb player at this level, and alongside a fully fit Weso, it would be fantastic and certainly one of the best central midfield partnerships in the championship. If we could get 25 - 30 games from Muzzy next season, he could with Weso, be the difference between mid table mediocrity and a challenge for promotion / play offs.

Financially Muzzy will be set up for life, my view is if he is to continue his career he will only want to go to one club and that is Leicester, it is his footballing home and since he has left neither party has quite been the same since. It would be an excellent remarriage for both player and club.

Izzett back here just isn't going to happen IMO and the last thing we need is another injury prone player.

Thats right, we've had enough players like that in recent years: Jones, Morris, Eadie etc...

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I agree with Leigh, if Muzzy is negotiating a settlement on his contract it is very unlikely he is retireing. I think many of his injury problems have stemmed from Birmingham's position and Bruce in his desperation to try and get his better players back, rushing him back and thus causing further setbacks, the same has happened with David Dunn and I think Forsell was similar.

We made similar mistakes with Weso and Hughes where our circumstances forced their inclusion too early after their injuries and I have no doubt that this contributed to recurrances in their injuries.

IMO if Muzzy can himself right over the summer and back in some semblance of fitness, he would still be a superb player at this level, and alongside a fully fit Weso, it would be fantastic and certainly one of the best central midfield partnerships in the championship. If we could get 25 - 30 games from Muzzy next season, he could with Weso, be the difference between mid table mediocrity and a challenge for promotion / play offs.

Financially Muzzy will be set up for life, my view is if he is to continue his career he will only want to go to one club and that is Leicester, it is his footballing home and since he has left neither party has quite been the same since. It would be an excellent remarriage for both player and club.
Okay, great in theory but do you really think if Muzzy rejoined us he would be the same Muzzy we all remember ? somehow I don't think he will be the same and could end up been slated by the faithful, so I for one would not like to take the gamble on bringing him back, we should just stick with the memories we have of him under MON.

Okay, great in theory but do you really think if Muzzy rejoined us he would be the same Muzzy we all remember ? somehow I don't think he will be the same and could end up been slated by the faithful, so I for one would not like to take the gamble on bringing him back, we should just stick with the memories we have of him under MON.

Do you think people will really slate? Guppy came back and got praised by everyone in the stadium, despite most agreeing that he was in no way the same player. I don't think if he came back my memories of him would be diminished in any way, in fact they'd probably be enhanced because it would re-affirm where his heart really is.

Despite his injury problems he's still managed to play in nearly 20 games for Brum this season. If he could manage that for us next season it would be fantastic. Kelly has hinted at buying in some experienced players (and we're certainly lacking someone like that in central midfield), I'd rather have Muzzy back than another Dublin/Keown/Brevett.

Sadly I fear this discussion to be academic though as it'd just be too good, IMO, to be true.

Leigh said:
Do you think people will really slate? Guppy came back and got praised by everyone in the stadium, despite most agreeing that he was in no way the same player. I don't think if he came back my memories of him would be diminished in any way, in fact they'd probably be enhanced because it would re-affirm where his heart really is.

Despite his injury problems he's still managed to play in nearly 20 games for Brum this season. If he could manage that for us next season it would be fantastic. Kelly has hinted at buying in some experienced players (and we're certainly lacking someone like that in central midfield), I'd rather have Muzzy back than another Dublin/Keown/Brevett.

Sadly I fear this discussion to be academic though as it'd just be too good, IMO, to be true.
Chelsea?. He only came to Leicester because he couldn't get in the Chelsea squad. He isn't a Leicester fan and never was

I agree and think the fizzy league is about the last place to try a knackered player.

IMO - Muzzy was a very, very good player- clearly our best player following the first relegation and a genuine international class midfielder- but not an outright 'great' in objective terms. For one thing along with his skill and mobility and commitment, you have to balance that he generally couldn't tackle (without fouling that is -which explains his relatively high booking quota).

I felt that in his last season with us, that he was already past his best - due to accumulation of niggling injuries - and would not have any expectations of him being that effective in the remote chance that he returns.

Melton Fox said:
Chelsea?. He only came to Leicester because he couldn't get in the Chelsea squad. He isn't a Leicester fan and never was

Did I say he was?

Leigh said:
Did I say he was?
No you didn't. I must have read something into your post that wasn't there. If so, I apologise

Steve Walsh is regarded as 'Mr Leicester City' but is from Wigan, (im not sure who he supported as a kid). It is reasonable to suggest that muzzy would now have a strong connection with lcfc. However, i would love to see him back but, IMO it would probably be a disaster. :icon_sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00