Speculation Nicky Maynard

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine much will happen with this transfer before the two clubs meet on Wednesday, even if the rumours regarding his putting in a transfer request are true.

Was that it? Or was it about something else? Anyone heard it?

Just a general chat about the game, said they wouldn't be signing anyone unless absolute necessary and said the Maynard saga would be be sorted one way or the other in the next 2 weeks. Was keen to state the club had put a very good offer together for him.

Bristol City sounding like relegation candidates to me rather than anything else, the chronic under-investment in the playing staff is clearly having its toll. I daresay Maynard will be growing increasingly keen to leave and the board may very well be happy to take our offer now and reinvest it in what looks a decidedly average squad, particularly defensively.

Yes - I think he invited that one. Good stuff.

Hopefully, even a newly flush Southampton won't outbid us and I suspect our need is greater than their's.

Correct. Even David Connolly is still banging them in. 2 in 2 already....

And I will crack one off.
We'd have won 3-0 if it wasn't for him. In all honesty, he got a injury early in the first half and I couldn't remember if he went off or not.
I was only aware of his existence when the goal went in. Bit like Millar v Wet Spam. I dunno, more than £4m seems excessive.
Then again, we were all over them today. In a more competitive team he'd prob be more involved.
Funniest shout of the day when the third went in was for David James.......England's, No1. From our lot. PMSL.

We'd have won 3-0 if it wasn't for him. In all honesty, he got a injury early in the first half and I couldn't remember if he went off or not.
I was only aware of his existence when the goal went in. Bit like Millar v Wet Spam. I dunno, more than £4m seems excessive.
Then again, we were all over them today. In a more competitive team he'd prob be more involved.
Funniest shout of the day when the third went in was for David James.......England's, No1. From our lot. PMSL.

I was feeling ok about you and Cardiff when you got stuffed again at the end of last season. You were much better when you were a bit down. Could you go back to being miserable again asap.

I was feeling ok about you and Cardiff when you got stuffed again at the end of last season. You were much better when you were a bit down. Could you go back to being miserable again asap.

He will be. I predict it will happen on 24th September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00