Speculation Nicky Maynard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chairman Colin Sexstone said before kick-off on BBC Radio Bristol that he expected a decision on Nicky Maynard's contract offer in the next two weeks, and Keith welcomed that news.
"It's been a distraction and it's been going on all summer. It would be nice to have an answer one way or another," added Keith. Nicky and his agent have the contract offer and it's a good one. We'll have to see what happens; everyone's waiting - I am, the players are, the fans are. I'm glad he got a goal today."

Well he would expect a decision wouldn't he. The transfer window closes in a couple of weeks (or so), so he's not really saying anything that isn't already obvious.

I was feeling ok about you and Cardiff when you got stuffed again at the end of last season. You were much better when you were a bit down. Could you go back to being miserable again asap.
I thought I was quite restrained. No 'We are top of the league' or suchlike.
Seeing as you ask....we are a different proposition this year. I cannot remember a Cardiff side give such little time on the ball to an opponent. And we have pace all over the park. Just a bit lacking in aerial presence upfront.
At least until our secret weapon came on.
Seriously though, if you don't put a hatfull past those lot on Wednesday, there's something badly wrong.
We have a top of the table clash with Brighton. Hopefully a proper test.

Corrected by a Welshman.

My humiliation is complete :icon_redf

:icon_bigg

All is not lost Rhydal is not infallible. He writes 'hatfull' rather than the correct 'hat full'.

Anyway, if our ploy to buy total success for about £7m happens to fail for want of anyone who can score a goal or two then it would be possible to seek revenge by petitioning UEFA and FIFA for Cardiff and their Swansea mates to be rightly re-located in the Welsh Premier League and see how they get on against Afon Lido and Hairbrush UK Broughton.

Cardiff and their Swansea mates to be rightly re-located in the Welsh Premier League

That wouldn't be fair at all.

They ought to start in the very lowest Welsh league and work their way up to the Welsh Premier. If they are able of course.

All is not lost Rhydal is not infallible. He writes 'hatfull' rather than the correct 'hat full'.

Anyway, if our ploy to buy total success for about £7m happens to fail for want of anyone who can score a goal or two then it would be possible to seek revenge by petitioning UEFA and FIFA for Cardiff and their Swansea mates to be rightly re-located in the Welsh Premier League and see how they get on against Afon Lido and Hairbrush UK Broughton.

That wouldn't be fair at all.

They ought to start in the very lowest Welsh league and work their way up to the Welsh Premier. If they are able of course.
We're not going to do the whole tired 'Welsh team in an English league' thing again are we?
Blah de blah Thai owners. Blah Scandi manager and goalie. MON Ireland Blah.
And to finish.......Paulo Sousa.

I thought I was quite restrained. No 'We are top of the league' or suchlike.
Seeing as you ask....we are a different proposition this year. I cannot remember a Cardiff side give such little time on the ball to an opponent. And we have pace all over the park. Just a bit lacking in aerial presence upfront.
At least until our secret weapon came on.
Seriously though, if you don't put a hatfull past those lot on Wednesday, there's something badly wrong.
We have a top of the table clash with Brighton. Hopefully a proper test.

Oh great...:icon_conf:icon_bigg

Newcastle are thought to be interested in signing Bristol City's Nicky Maynard, with manager Alan Pardew set to offer the Robins £4.5m plus Leon Best.
Full story: footieonline

If this turns out to be true then I can see them selling. They have always maintained that they won't sell Maynard to another Championship club, however, with the money and player dangling under their noses from a Premier League club, it might just be too much to resist.

If this turns out to be true then I can see them selling. They have always maintained that they won't sell Maynard to another Championship club, however, with the money and player dangling under their noses from a Premier League club, it might just be too much to resist.

Could depend on where the player himself prefers to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00