Speculation Nicky Maynard

Status
Not open for further replies.
As someone said earlier, I think their Chairman, is holding out until Maynard asks for a transfer, that would save them half a million quid thats a lot of money as is the alledged £5 million quid offer.

Bristol City are now on a pre season trip to Portugal

Peterborough are also out there, made 2 signings in 2 days and flew the players out for medicals etc. If we really want him, Top will hire a plane to go and get him.

The business end of the club won't be in Portugal, still be there trying to do deals, its only a two hour flight to Faro in the Algarve so flying back won't be problem if a deal is done.

The business end of the club won't be in Portugal, still be there trying to do deals, its only a two hour flight to Faro in the Algarve so flying back won't be problem if a deal is done.

Talking of flying, one day eh? One day!

mcfc.jpg

Stringer suggesting a bid of up to £4.75m been rejected since the last 2 failed bids.

Might need to look elsewhere.

TBH unless Maynard comes out and says he wants to move or we offer really silly money (6-8 million) I don't think this is going to happen.

I am sure that Sven knows how far to take this transfer. It is obvious that he is trying to put together a squad, not just to get us out of this division, but to be the basis of our Premier League team. Sven seems to think that Maynard will fire us out of the Championship - and more: where do we find another striker with that talent, and whom we stand some chance of signing? :102:

I am sure that Sven knows how far to take this transfer. It is obvious that he is trying to put together a squad, not just to get us out of this division, but to be the basis of our Premier League team. Sven seems to think that Maynard will fire us out of the Championship - and more: where do we find another striker with that talent, and whom we stand some chance of signing? :102:

I know he's not as young but the Yak still has a few years left. Yak and Nugent front line would be awesome at this level!

Spot on

The money is irrelevant - it's the quality of player that takes priority

Sooner one Nicky Maynard than a dozen shitehouse David Nugents

£6 million it is, then

From The Mercury ...

And Eriksson has revealed the club's owners are not ready to end the club's spending spree and they are determined to land Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard.

City are also understood to be preparing a fourth bid for Maynard, after having a third bid of £4m rejected on Wednesday.

It is believed a £5m bid might be accepted by Bristol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669