Nigel Pearson should he stay or should he go?

should he stay or go?

• keep him regardless of promotion or not

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • sack him at the end of the season; if we dont go up

Votes: 23 39.7%
  • Sack him now

Votes: 11 19.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely there's a wealth of top flight managers who would love to come and manage this club, guaranteeing victories in every game and collecting more silverware than a bunch of shady blokes at night near a stately home?

Surely there's a wealth of top flight managers who would love to come and manage this club, guaranteeing victories in every game and collecting more silverware than a bunch of shady blokes at night near a stately home?

I'm sure I said something similar in one of the many other "Pea Son Out" threads that seem to have materialised this weekend...

To answer - and again to make clear obviously this is just my opinion....

I think we might win at Cardiff as this is the way LCFC has been for the 30 years of my life knowing them, losing to struggling teams and performing better when the chips are down and we have to fight a bit more. I think that, and that also the pressure is on Cardiff to perform will see us pulling off a result.

I think to support an ethic of constantly changing managers will see us eventually looking more like Portsmouth, than Stoke. We simply cannot continue spending money in the hope that we will have a non-stop backing from the KP group, and the more money we spend on new managers, staff and their wanted squads the more we gamble on the future of our club.

Pearson has got most things right this season for me. The players out have been worthy (including Danns who I tipped to do well here actually) and the players in have been very good (jury out on Kane perhaps). Essentially, we have been a better side than we have witnessed for many years I believe, and whilst Schmeichel, Nugent and Konchesky have been good, for me it's been more about Knockaert, Morgan, Da Laet and Drinkwater whom I have paid to watch and more recently Wood.

If we can get a positive result at Cardiff then the new-found positivity might be just what we need to kick on for the remainder of the season. I simply cannot see that a managerial change right now would benefit at all.

I think that Nigel Pearson will turn out to be a fantastic manager for this football club and build a side capable of competing in the Premier League, this is when he is fully able to rid the club of the vampiric dross bought in under previous regimes and for a lot of expense. We are 5th in the Championship, and I believe we will win in Cardiff on Tuesday which will make light of all this nonsense talk of sacking the manager.

We need to instill confidence back to the players somehow, he has done that before and I believe will do it again. Strap in all, there are more twists to come yet, don't give up. Don't make rash decisions, don't sack Mr Pearson.
This. This. This. This. This and this. Excellent post.

Interesting that before the game on Saturday that Chris Wood was on Foxes Player, trotting out the official line that confidence is high, yet after the game Pearson is saying how the players are having a confidence problem. Someone is feeding us bullshit somewhere along the line, either that or someone or something has destroyed that confidence.

I think that Nigel Pearson will turn out to be a fantastic manager for this football club and build a side capable of competing in the Premier League, this is when he is fully able to rid the club of the vampiric dross bought in under previous regimes and for a lot of expense. We are 5th in the Championship, and I believe we will win in Cardiff on Tuesday which will make light of all this nonsense talk of sacking the manager.

We need to instill confidence back to the players somehow, he has done that before and I believe will do it again. Strap in all, there are more twists to come yet, don't give up. Don't make rash decisions, don't sack Mr Pearson.

and if we don't win? How many games do you need to see to realise Pearson is an incredibly flawed manager. I said when he joined that we would finish no higher than the play offs with him in charge. I thought he was going to prove me wrong when we went 2nd in January but unfortunately my prediction is being proven right. He's not addressed fundamental issues in our squad and although there may not be the perfect players on the market for key ares like central midfield, left back and right back, he could quite easily improved us in these ares by dipping into the loan market. He has not done so and it has hurt us. He also has no tactical variety which again has hurt us badly especially now that teams have cottoned onto the notion of playing 5 in midfield to stifle our creativity.

I voted for a dismissal at the end of the season if and when we fail to gain promotion. I think most play off hopefuls wants us to scrape into the top 6, as they certainly won't fear us and will know just how to beat us. To be honest though, despite the game in hand (which means nothing in our current form) I wouldn't be surprised if our challenge just fades away. If that does happen, I would have to rate this as perhaps the most disappointing season I've ever had as a Leicester fan. The worst day I've had was when we went down, but that season had no real promise. This has promised so much and there is a real danger it will all end pretty flat.

The interesting thing is that this is the first time that one of these polls has produced more votes to dismiss Pearson than to keep him. (i.e. total sack him now and end of season if/when.....) I know that it will be the owners, and not the fans, that make the decision but, barring a second (and more positive) turn around in form, I cannot see Pearson being here next season.

Yes, yes he would. Dirty, disgusting, filthy, scumbag fascists certainly do tend to raise people's passion

Yet again you have rushed without properly reading my post.

You clearly think that I'm suggesting Di Canio for Mayor of Leicester or as the next Leader of the Liberal Democrats.

Not so, I had him in mind as manager of our local football club.

Incidentally based on observed behaviour I'm not as confident as you probably are that his perceived political views would be significantly to the right of many
of our fellow citeh supporters.

Incidentally based on observed behaviour I'm not as confident as you probably are that his perceived political views would be significantly to the right of many
of our fellow citeh supporters.
Unfortunately I'm going to have to agree with you on this point.

Interesting that before the game on Saturday that Chris Wood was on Foxes Player, trotting out the official line that confidence is high, yet after the game Pearson is saying how the players are having a confidence problem. Someone is feeding us bullshit somewhere along the line, either that or someone or something has destroyed that confidence.

Wouldn't read a hell of a lot into it. Every player at this level has had a degree of media briefing or training.

Also, I think before the game perhaps they were confident of a win. Hindsight shows that it looks like a lack of confidence is causing performances which are frustrating.

Perhaps they were both telling the truth. Perhaps losing to a relegation candidate destroyed that confidence. Just a theory.

On one hand we have some very capable Managers such as Adkins and Di Matteo out of work, and with previous experience of getting teams promoted Adkins would probably get my vote if a change where to be made due to the fact he went into a Southampton team languishing above the relegation zone in League 1 and made an immediate impact and the rest is history..

I've voiced my frustration with Pearson before so it's no surprise that I will vote for him to go, but with 11 games left of the season i'm tempted (and I voted for) to let him stay till the end and either prove us all wrong or right, which ever the case may be. At least if we give him the last 11 games there will be no, if only we'd done this or done that from either the fans or Pearson himself. He won't be able to say (like Sven did) I would of got us promoted if i'd been allowed.

So I say allow him to do so, or allow him to write his own down fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669