Oldham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those 'highlights' showed more efforts at Windass than I'd remembered....

Perhaps Fryatt's glaring miss, and decision to pass the ball him rather than simply put it past him, has been blotted from your mind because it was so completely awful

Highlights also failed to capture the countless hopeless long balls upon which we based the whole game, rather than using both flanks or even trying to pass the feckin' ball rather than whump it. Although considering the ineptitude of Dyer and Cleverley (and their subsequent replacements) perhaps this was no bad thing.....

Perhaps Fryatt's glaring miss, and decision to pass the ball him rather than simply put it past him, has been blotted from your mind because it was so completely awful

Nope, it was the late kick off/early start on the beer that 'blotted' my mind.....

"and helped organise a charity match that raised £5,000 for a children’s hospice."

Hoo bleeding ray.

That must be less than a week's earnings.

Why didn't he just put his hand in his pocket?

I can understand what you are saying - £5,000 is pocket money to him. But organising a match in this way does bring others into the 'loving and giving circle' - and that does some praise.

I'm not sure that it is enough though to erase the fact that he left the scene of an accident where somebody was dying and then went to ground for 36 hours. I'm not sure whether there can ever be any action or series of actions that will be sufficient to remove the stigma that should be attached to that.

I think this will be a good leveller for the players and everyone else. There has been too much chat this week about already being promoted, its done and dusted blah blah blah.

We aint there yet and hopefully we have realised that and it will help to refocus everyone.

We were totally outplayed and should be grateful for the point. Well played Oldham.

Gregan did a cracking job on Howard. Hughes (much as I loathe the man) was outstanding and Taylor looked a class player who should have had a pen.

Our passing was all over the place and, with Dyer again totally anonymous and Howard out of the game, we had no clue how to create anything. Without an early goal, we still look a bit clueless at home this season despite the results.

Why is Dickov on the bench ahead of Hayles? With 20 mins left, we needed a fresh impact up front but Dickov wasn't it.

you must be really good at parties, life and soul and all that.

Why don't you just fcuk off to Oldham and watch them instead!

Received an email from Leicester City this morning at 07.21 telling me it was my last chance to buy discounted tickets for Leicester City v Oldham....

Last edited:
Received an email from Leicester City this morning at 07.21 telling me it was my last chance to buy discounted tickets for Leicester City v Oldham....

cool, i bet you can get 'em quite cheap now ay?

I had that one as well-Cant believe all the doom and gloom merchants on her,ok yesterdays was not our best performance of the season by a long way,but we have played 3 matches over the last 8 days (2 away from home.)And amassed 7 points out of 9,most of our rivals would be more than happy with a return like that.Some of the negative posts on here are no better than the idiots who boo at the ends of games-Top of the table 17 unbeaten in the league,enjoy it dont bemoan it

Leicester fans are not happy unless they are moaning...

... and some are as deluded as Newcastle and Leeds fans. :icon_roll

If we don't win every match, home and away, and win by a satisfying margin; then we are a bunch of ****s.

Innit?

Right now I'm happy with the fact the teams behind us have a backlog of games to get through.so 3 games a week coming up soon, tiredness will rear it's ugly head in some of these games.We still have to play the teams just below and if the worst comes to worst we draw with them then I'll take it.one less game to close the gap on us.
I want to win the prize on offer for this league rather than just gain promotion.

Put Swindon to the Sword next week with a increase in our goals scored tally.

Oldham are a good team so lets give some credit......

Well of course, but he won't be the last player to miss a penalty.

If anyone recorded the match it is worth watching the buildup to the penalty on the TV. Windass clearly breaks Fryatts concentration. You can see Fryatt almost turn away in frustration at Windass antics before the penalty is taken. Credit to Windass, Fryatt is a young player and hopefully he will learn to cope with gamesmanship or will learn to do it himself.

And let's face it. If he scored the penalty as he should have that'd be three points not one.

If anyone recorded the match it is worth watching the buildup to the penalty on the TV. Windass clearly breaks Fryatts concentration. You can see Fryatt almost turn away in frustration at Windass antics before the penalty is taken.

Certainly - I was at the game and I saw Windass' mental tactics.

It was a mental battle - and Fryatt lost it.

My personal highlight of the game was when the Oldham penalty claim for when taylor went down in the box, his reaction was amazing, he looked like a five year old boy and as if that penalty would have meant winning the world cup!

My personal highlight of the game was when the Oldham penalty claim for when taylor went down in the box, his reaction was amazing, he looked like a five year old boy and as if that penalty would have meant winning the world cup!

Was it also Taylor's elbow that put it out for a corner that the ref missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669