Paul Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of the inane prattle between some gobby people on here who spout a lot but actually say nothing worthwhile, here are a couple of points for the more intelligent and intellectual contributors to this forum to consider:

1. Why did MK Dons chairman Peter Winkelman make the approach from LCFC public? If he wanted to keep Ince, then surely he would have just kept quiet. By going public, is he acting like a player's agent in trying to advertise his possible availability in order to attract more competition and therefore greater potential compensation?

2. If Blackburn are interested in Paul Ince, surely they would have approached MK Dons for permission to talk to him. As the Dons chairman made our approach public then why would he have not have made Blackburn's approach public too? That leads me to believe Blackburn don't have him in mind.

If we are truly the only club wanting to talk to Paul Ince, then maybe we have a chance of getting him. I have to say though, if I were in his shoes, MK Dons is just as big a club as us, maybe even bigger potentially. Who would have thought that even a year ago? Martin Allen thought the jump worth making. Not sure Incey will....

I fully agree with your conclusion - but arrived there via a different route.

MK Dons is just as big a club as us, maybe even bigger potentially.
I need that one explaining to me. Milton Keynes is a smaller town than Leicester, with a smaller ground, smaller fanbase, smaller wage bill, smaller squad, no history and are universally hated by the rest of the country. How can they possibly have more potential of be a more attractive proposition?

I don't know... maybe I'm not intellectual enough... :102:

I need that one explaining to me. Milton Keynes is a smaller town than Leicester, with a smaller ground, smaller fanbase, smaller wage bill, smaller squad, no history and are universally hated by the rest of the country. How can they possibly have more potential of be a more attractive proposition?

I don't know... maybe I'm not intellectual enough... :102:

Within the next 7-10 years Milton Keynes will be a bigger City than Leicester. There are plans for an upper tier to be added at the MK Stadium; this will bring capacity to over 30,000.

But don't we already have a stadium with over 30,000 seats, with "plans to add to it" so it's over 40?

They're a lower league side with a guy who talks big in charge. We are currently in exactly the same position, but with all the advantages I mentioned earlier.

Instead of the inane prattle between some gobby people on here who spout a lot but actually say nothing worthwhile, here are a couple of points for the more intelligent and intellectual contributors to this forum to consider:

Great post Filthy Rich. I have considered your points. Well done you have managed to add to the inane prattle. Keep up the good work.

Filthy Rich, have you considered that all of your points have already been considered and highlighted previously by other members?

As with all speculation it is inane prattle. The only person that can actually comment on how he views the size and potential of each club is Paul Ince. Unless you are he then you merely add to the prattle and not only that, have repeated prattle that others have already prattled.

But then this is an open internet forum, prattle is what keeps it going.

But don't we already have a stadium with over 30,000 seats, with "plans to add to it" so it's over 40?

They're a lower league side with a guy who talks big in charge. We are currently in exactly the same position, but with all the advantages I mentioned earlier.

You asked about potential. They have potential.

The thing which cheers me so every time I log onto this forum is just how appalled some of the contributors are by the fact that people actually dare to discuss things on it. It should be a rule that unless you have solid information, which from what I gather on this specific occasion means you must be Paul Ince, Simon Grayson or Milan Mandaric, you should be silenced!

I thought people came on forums because they liked inane prattle. And I didn't think intellect was a prerequisite, or at least not until everyone declared war on the 'Blue Mongies' which (I was told last year) were the idiots who thought we shouldn't have appointed Holloway or sacked Allen. Namely, those that were actually right.

What were you all on about again?

In another 20 years, when Leicester's population is 75% Asian, the football club probably will struggle to get it's present numbers of fans. So, MK Dons, which has a much lower percentage of Asian people, will likely have a bigger fan base and therefore a greater potential!

Potential is what you think it is!

Are Asians banned from watching football then? :102:

Filthy Rich, have you considered that all of your points have already been considered and highlighted previously by other members?

As with all speculation it is inane prattle. The only person that can actually comment on how he views the size and potential of each club is Paul Ince. Unless you are he then you merely add to the prattle and not only that, have repeated prattle that others have already prattled.

But then this is an open internet forum, prattle is what keeps it going.

There's no need to prattle on about it

There is no such thing as the moral high ground on this forum. :018: :018: :icon_wink

In another 20 years, when Leicester's population is 75% Asian, the football club probably will struggle to get it's present numbers of fans. So, MK Dons, which has a much lower percentage of Asian people, will likely have a bigger fan base and therefore a greater potential!

Potential is what you think it is!

Complete and utter b******s

Complete and utter b******s

Why do some people have to be offensive when they don't agree with someone else?

Perhaps you would like to explain why you disagree? Surely that's the point of a blog/forum.

I quite like to argue/discuss a point and if someone has a more convincing view, then I'm quite prepared to concede.

So Mr Mattmeister why is my point "Complete and utter b******s' ?

There won't ever be a 75% Asian population in Leicester ....

The City of Leicester is around 33% Asian at present. Thats around 100,000 people od Asian origin - most of whom were born here in the UK / Leicester. (Check the Office of National Statistics website for the 2001 census) As Leicestershire and the City of Leicester have a combined population of around 1 million residents - Asians make up around 13-14% of the county population of the area as a whole.

I don't know what the Asian attendance at the Walkers is - I guess around 2.5 - 5% of the gate on average ... and its getting bigger and younger as "Leicester born" kids start coming. If we ever get back to the Prem people of all ethnic backgrounds will come.

I fear it may take rather more than 2 years though to dig ourselves out of the hole we are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00