Paul Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.
he gained a lot of respect from me when he was interviewed and was referred to as 'a promising black manager', he objected to this and said he wanted to be known as Paul Ince the manager not the black manager.......as it should be.

Believe it or not, it never even occurred to me that he was black until you mentioned it. I just saw him as being a bloody good manager if we can get him.....

I don't know what the Asian attendance at the Walkers is - I guess around 2.5 - 5% of the gate on average

So up to 1 in 20? No way Jose.

What we need to do is to sign up a young Asian talent. Didn't Leeds do that once? Not sure how far he progressed though.

So up to 1 in 20? No way Jose.

What we need to do is to sign up a young Asian talent. Didn't Leeds do that once? Not sure how far he progressed though.

I remember Michael Chopra being trumpeted as the first asian player to possibly gain England recognition. That was some time ago though. With apologies to Darth I think the report said he was half asian.

I remember Michael Chopra being trumpeted as the first asian player to possibly gain England recognition. That was some time ago though. With apologies to Darth I think the report said he was half asian.

chopra is half asian, and he will never gain england recognition if you mean what i think you do

may have been posted before?

On the local wireless Milton Keynes discussing Ince

He only works Tues, Wed and Thurs + match day

Still lives 'up t north' Southport I believe and his son has just signed for Liverpool

Indications are..

Believe it or not, it never even occurred to me that he was black until you mentioned it. I just saw him as being a bloody good manager if we can get him.....

Actually revealed by myself first. Always the first with the facts. I like to think that I am to Leicester City what Peter Parker was to Spiderman.

may have been posted before?

On the local wireless Milton Keynes discussing Ince

He only works Tues, Wed and Thurs + match day

Still lives 'up t north' Southport I believe and his son has just signed for Liverpool

Indications are..

At the end of last season, Macclesfield fans were saying pretty much the same thing. They really wanted the club to keep on Ray Matias who is Ince's assistant, he does a lot of the work which Ince can't.

intelligent and intellectual

2. If Blackburn are interested in Paul Ince, surely they would have approached MK Dons for permission to talk to him. As the Dons chairman made our approach public then why would he have not have made Blackburn's approach public too? That leads me to believe Blackburn don't have him in mind.

Maybe the intelligent and intellectual might have considered that Ince may have spoken to his chairman and applied for the Blackburn job himself, therefore Blackburn wouldn't have to make an approach.
His chairman was possibly just letting Blackburn know another club is interested in him. Speeds up the process, MK Dons wont want to be without a manager for long themselves if Ince does leave.

I can't understand why some are so impressed with Ince, just another up and coming manager. Haven't we had those before and got nowhere.

The Mercury reports that MM expects to be granted permission to talk with Ince later today.

The Mercury reports that MM expects to be granted permission to talk with Ince later today.

Milan waiting for Ince talks

by Bill Anderson

Milan Mandaric was expecting to be granted permission by MK Dons later today to speak to
Paul Ince.

The Leicester City chairman has set himself a deadline of this weekend to get his new manager appointed.

Ince is in the frame although Mandaric insists there is no recognised front-runner at this stage.

Former City coach John Gregory and player Simon Grayson have been strongly linked to the post.

Gregory has recently being described in speculation as the fall-back candidate if Ince cannot be secured. But Mandaric denies the issue has reached that point.

He said: “I have three or four names in mind and Paul Ince is definitely one of them but I would not put anyone's name at the top of the list.

“I will be interviewing several in the hope that it can be sorted by the end of the week and I hope that Paul Ince will be one of them.

“I do not see any reason for MK Dons not to grant permission for me to at least talk to him and I expect to hear that I will be able to do so very soon. But he will be just one of those I am interested in and there is no favourite yet.”

Blackpool have made strong statements about their determination to hang on to Grayson while MK Dons know Ince has been linked with the vacant Blackburn Rovers job. But more high-profile contenders like Steve McClaren and Sam Allardyce now seem to be in the running there.

Mandaric wants the whole issue settled this week, well before the City players report back for pre-season training in the first week of next month.
That would mean the new manager and, presumably, his new staff could get settled into their positions.

Ince was linked to the City job just over a year ago when Mandaric searched for a successor to Rob Kelly because the former West Ham and Manchester United man had done an impressive job at Macclesfield Town.

Ironically, when Martin Allen was secured from MK Dons, Ince was his replacement and he gained promotion and won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy

Still hoping for David O'Leary to come from nowhere to get the job!!!!

I can't believe that Ince has not been contacted and sounded out by a third party and therefore if we've gone to the trouble of approaching the chairman he must be very interested.

Don't see him at Blackburn yet - seems more likely to be his next move after getting Leicester back into the heady heights of The Championship!!! :icon_bigg

From todays Mercury

Waiting game for Mandaric

MK Dons appear to be stonewalling Leicester City in their efforts to hold on to manager Paul Ince.

City chairman Milan Mandaric is still waiting patiently for a response to his request to speak to the former Manchester United, Liverpool and Inter Milan midfielder about the possibility of him filling the Walkers Stadium managerial vacancy.

But, so far, no permission has been granted and Mandaric said: “I thought they would have told me something by now but I understand how difficult a decision it may be for them.

“He has been linked with the Blackburn Rovers job and I think they would find it hard to deny him the chance to talk to a Premiership club, the same way I could not turn down Gary Megson talking to Bolton.

“But, in this case, we will be in the same division next season and obviously letting their manager go to talk to a rival who will be competing against them makes it not so simple and I can see how that might be a problem for them.

“Paul Ince is only one of several I hope to be talking to this week before hopefully making a decision by the weekend and, if I do not get permission, then I have other options to consider. No-one is favourite in spite of what speculation might say.”

The City chairman has had a period of coolly and calmly gauging the situation following Ian Holloway's departure but knows that he needs to make his move over the next few days.

He said: “It is important for me to now get the new manager in and start work towards next season.

“Until that happens, we do not know which of our players will be wanted by the new manager, how many might want to leave and how many we will need to buy in the transfer market.

“None of these questions can be answered until we have the new man in place and that is why I am working hard to make it happen.”

ince must be favourite otherwise any other chairman wouldve said 'sod yer!!' to mk dons

if I do not get permission, then I have other options to consider

Aye - John feckin' cocksucking Gregory

Our cup truly runneth over........

I wish we could go back to discussing whether Holloway should be sacked or not.

40 Football Managers have applied for the Blackburn job.

Correction, 39, Ian Holloway has applied.:icon_cool

I would actually love to see who does apply for these jobs...

Do people like Holloway actually apply for roles they know they have absolutely no chance of getting....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00