Paul Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's black...has anyone else noticed? I'm almost sure.

I think our last manager was white so in all fairness he should be given a fair crack of the whip.

Apologies about 'fair crack of the whip', if i offended anyone by using this obvious reference to slavery it was not my intention.

Excellent choice (at least MM has shown his hand)
IMO only hope is that he thinks we would be a good stepping stone/learning curve, as a Prem job is probably too early. Sucess at Leicester and then maybe Old Trafford
It appears to me that Davies must haveturned us down and Larrys waiting patiently in Florida for others to decline. Ince Davies or Grayson would do me but hope we dont get left with the likes of Gregory or Souness

swap a club on the up for one in the shite? All Winkleman (who i fecking hate by the way) has to do is ask ince (who I fecking hate by the way) what happened to martin allen under milan and he'll stay at mk.
where's that thread about managers preferable to ince?

Ince will do for me. He's managed a couple of teams and done well. More than most of the candidates that might actually consider coming here.

I hope against hope that Ince can be persuaded to become our next manager.

Surely we wouldn't have asked MK Dons for permission to approach him unless we'd had a fairly definite indication from the man himself that he would be interested enough to at least talk to us.....

I hope against hope that Ince can be persuaded to become our next manager.

Surely we wouldn't have asked MK Dons for permission to approach him unless we'd had a fairly definite indication from the man himself that he would be interested enough to at least talk to us.....

I like your thinking ... talks have happened with Ince's agent/management team etc, im sure of it. Ince will be well aware of our request, and if he wasn't interested we'd have known by now imo, regardless of him being on holiday or not.

swap a club on the up for one in the shite? All Winkleman (who i fecking hate by the way) has to do is ask ince (who I fecking hate by the way) what happened to martin allen under milan and he'll stay at mk.
where's that thread about managers preferable to ince?

It was a joke! :icon_redf I'll let you in on a secret. I didn't really want Peter Taylor back. Or Moomin.

Here

It's in general chat.

Yup. Just emailed that to Ince so he knows what the competition is. I've taken out Stevewalshwasgood though since he now has another job, so maybe when Ince sees there's only 922 others that the fans would prefer to him he'll be more encouraged.

I like your thinking ... talks have happened with Ince's agent/management team etc, im sure of it. Ince will be well aware of our request, and if he wasn't interested we'd have known by now imo, regardless of him being on holiday or not.

I agree. I can't recall MM making an official approach for a manager before and not getting him, can anyone? I would be surprised if MM did this without clear encouragement from Ince's agent.

Two possible scenarios in my opinion.

1. Ince fancies us as the right move at the right time. An opportunity to take the next steps in management. A good chance of another promotion on his CV and he can then slide into a Prem job.

2. He's using our interest to try to generate interest from other clubs and increase his profile. If the rumours are true that he was very close to the job last year only for MM to switch to Allen late on, maybe he's playing out his revenge?

Either way, I think we can now safely assume that Davies is out of the equation. It's looking like it's Ince or, if he rejects us, Grayson. Comparing them in my mind is similar to comparing them as players. No contest.

I agree with BG - I find it strange that we would want anybody so far up his own jacksie that he gives himself the nickname of "The Governor". Let him RIP at MK and govern away to his heart's content!

Just waiting on Ince's answer IMO. For MK Dons to declare their cards to me means that they have heard the compo we are willing to pay and they will gladly expect it. It's possibly the amount which will secure the club with the new stadium still costing.

Ince did an excellent job at Macc but IMO, Stevie Wonder could have made a decent fist of it at MK last season. That said both times I watched them they were superb.

I agree with BG - I find it strange that we would want anybody so far up his own jacksie that he gives himself the nickname of "The Governor". Let him RIP at MK and govern away to his heart's content!

:018: "The Guv'nor"

Just waiting on Ince's answer IMO. For MK Dons to declare their cards to me means that they have heard the compo we are willing to pay and they will gladly expect it. It's possibly the amount which will secure the club with the new stadium still costing.

I agree, and the fact that they have stated that they have rejected interest in the past sort of says to the supporters that they will let him go this time. If they we're going to reject the approach they would have done it there and then rather than wait to speak to Ince.

If he does come, and we have any kind of success I would expect him to jump ship at the drop of a hat. That said I would gladly accept that for any kind of success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669