Paul Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.

artic fox

Why don't we just to the chase & ask MKD who they will hire after Ince leaves?the reason is we will be back for him anyway....simply as.

Heineken Matt

I think Ince is a very good manager, but I do not think it is the right time for him or us to have him as manager.

We need someone with greater experience and a manager who has worked with a big club previously. Whilst I admire Ince and what he has done at MK Dons, we have seen it before that Leicester City FC is a different animal - and in my opinion a manager who has managed a bigger club previously would have a distinct advantage.

My preference would still be Billy Davies or John Gregory for this reason.

PFKAKTF FOX

I agree. I can't recall MM making an official approach for a manager before and not getting him, can anyone? I would be surprised if MM did this without clear encouragement from Ince's agent.

Two possible scenarios in my opinion.

1. Ince fancies us as the right move at the right time. An opportunity to take the next steps in management. A good chance of another promotion on his CV and he can then slide into a Prem job.

2. He's using our interest to try to generate interest from other clubs and increase his profile. If the rumours are true that he was very close to the job last year only for MM to switch to Allen late on, maybe he's playing out his revenge?

Either way, I think we can now safely assume that Davies is out of the equation. It's looking like it's Ince or, if he rejects us, Grayson. Comparing them in my mind is similar to comparing them as players. No contest.

Spot on IMO, there is no doubt that MM would only make an official approach if he had been given the right encouragement from Ince and his advisors.

Or on the cyncial side Milan is playing a massive game of spin, the Mad One approaches MK knowing he hasn't got an earthly of getting him but at least it will "show his ambition" and "determination to hire the right man" before we end up appointing a washed up failure and Milan can blame Holloway for relegating us and that being the reason we couldn't attract the very best :icon_bigg

Spanky Fox

Mk dons are in the same league as Leicester city, so Ince moving to us could be the best thing, we are a big club in a lower division, i think he would chose leicester city over blackburn the main factor is that he knows the lower leagues well and he has never manage in the preimership, so he has a good chance at failing,

Ince is the kind of person that will build up a rep to move up, he is slowly moving up the ladder, He will come to leicester and then take to the perimership and then we will lose him to Man united, you can see it happening,

Ince for me as to be the man for leicester, i didn't want him last season but this season he has really shinned in league 2 and his team can do it in league 1 as well if he stays at the dons

PFKAKTF FOX

My worry is that this is history repeating itself, its like last summer all over again. In some instances the names have changed but it does appear to be a very similar scenario and I just hope this time it has a happier ending.

Ince = Ince - Was supposedly being chased by Milan last summer, now looks like number one candidate this summer as well.

Davies = Warnock - Proven out of work Manager who would be a superb appointment but I fear reputations will have the same effect this time around.

We have been drip fed "quality and exciting" names in the past and then with Allen, Megson and Holloway been left disappointed with the end result, I fear this could well be the case again and that Ince, Grayson and Davies will actually end up being pie in the sky and instead we end up with Gregory or Reid.

PFKAKTF FOX

Ince applied for the job.

Interesting, that changes the situation, I would say that barring late intervention from Blackburn and providing MK Dons grant permission and compensation can be agreed then Ince will be our next Manager.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Ince applied for the job.

It may be more accurate to say that somebody applied for the job on his behalf. That may not have been with either his knowledge or consent.

PFKAKTF FOX

It may be more accurate to say that somebody applied for the job on his behalf. That may not have been with either his knowledge or consent.

But surely on reciept of this application, some form of dialogue will have taken place, I would be astounded if the club made an official approach without holding some form of informal discussion / interview.

Please don't tell me that people are that naive to believe that Milan or people representing Milan have not tapped Ince or his advisors about the seriousness of his application and what his plans are.

Hazzman

I agree, and the fact that they have stated that they have rejected interest in the past sort of says to the supporters that they will let him go this time. If they we're going to reject the approach they would have done it there and then rather than wait to speak to Ince.

However, the more I thought about last night I began to concern MK Dons' motives for declaring this. If Ince rejects City, do MK fans flock to buy season tickets for Incey's army with his loyalty visible??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669