Paul Ince

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jock Wallace ?

That's the answer. a magisterial return for John Martin Bokas Wallace (to give him his not-oft-heard and rather funky full name). Milan should give him a ring now (although he may need to use a special Doris Stokes type phone considering what else is you can disinter along with his full name…)

David Pleat?

Leave this forum and never return.

Loving the Shearer hate, we still remember that dirty foul don't we?

Leave this forum and never return.

Loving the Shearer hate, we still remember that dirty foul don't we?

And him threatening to cry off England duty if he was charged by the F.A.

It looks like they have just copied what was in The Mercury on Monday. Todays Mercury is not really full of anything exciting. MM is still waiting for permission. Other targets being considered bla bla bla ....

However, as I understand nothing has yet happened in terms of interviews etc, so they need to move quick of they want someone in by the weekend.

You are joking I take it!

I reckon Milne was the last decent "experienced manager" we had.

Got us promoted and kept us in the top flight for a few seasons before being booted upstairs

Highlight - Lineker and Smith :icon_bigg

Lowlight - English for Melrose :mad:

Not many liked Milne - including me - partly because he had no real personality and this contrasted with his predecessor, the great Jock Wallace.

However, Milne knew the game and had a level of competence, that has been lacking in our managers since MON.

It looks like they have just copied what was in The Mercury on Monday. Todays Mercury is not really full of anything exciting. MM is still waiting for permission. Other targets being considered bla bla bla ....

However, as I understand nothing has yet happened in terms of interviews etc, so they need to move quick of they want someone in by the weekend.

Sounds to me like Mandy has given up on Ince - either MK Dons won't 'play ball' or Ince has said he doesn't want to talk to us (he came back from holiday on Sunday apparently).
I reckon MM will try to get permission to talk to Grayson now - but he'll have to shift if he wants someone in by next week.

Not many liked Milne - including me - partly because he had no real personality and this contrasted with his predecessor, the great Jock Wallace.

However, Milne knew the game and had a level of competence, that has been lacking in our managers since MON.

I totally agree with you on both points.

As a young teenager I though Wallace was fantastic particularly when he announced on ATV Today that we were going to win the Championship - we were eventually relegated that season you no doubt recall...:icon_bigg

Milne was a shrewd guy and he made the most of the resources he had that was sure...

Shearer is a Lennon head kicking knob head. I hope he gets hit in the head by a ginger headed irish man.

particularly when he announced on ATV Today that we were going to win the Championship - we were eventually relegated that season you no doubt recall...:icon_bigg

I recall that interview very clearly and he made the point that irrespective of circumstances, there was no point in playing unless you were setting out to win the competition.

Although we were relegated, the support remained excellent because people knew that the team and manager were giving of their best. This is an exact reverse of the last season where we had this hopelessly weak figure as manager and a squad that has been taking the p-ss out of the club and fans for a number of seasons.

I recall that interview very clearly and he made the point that irrespective of circumstances, there was no point in playing unless you were setting out to win the competition.

Although we were relegated, the support remained excellent because people knew that the team and manager were giving of their best. This is an exact reverse of the last season where we had this hopelessly weak figure as manager and a squad that has been taking the p-ss out of the club and fans for a number of seasons.

And we beat Liverpool home and away and they did win The Championship!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670