People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when BT, Boots and the like lay people off, they should suspend their marketing campaigns to avoid upsetting them?

Jelson are nowhere the same ball park in the size of those companies. Their developments are restricted to the East Midlands for starters. Where's the connection between Basketball and future houseowners? What kind of audience is reachable through Basketball? Near minimal. Television coverage? Minimal. Games apart from Leicester where the Riders play in East Mids? None.

Jelson are nowhere the same ball park in the size of those companies.
No, but their policies are likely be the same.

Jelson sponsoring a piss pot basketball team is possibly the equivalent of Boots running a TV campaign.

Jelson maybe can't afford to sponsor the cricket, rugby, or football teams. Maybe they consider the Riders to be the 4th biggest sporting team in the county, and this suits their budget.

As for your question about what connection basketball has to new homeowners, I'd probably say the same as football has to Sony, Carlsberg or Walkers customers.

I’m not sure booming is the right word for it but in many areas the slow down has been grossly exaggerated. The flat market is almost non-existent in some areas, but the market for (relatively) cheap 2 bed starter homes is absolutely booming. Whilst it is true that many of the big boys are saving up sites, this is nothing new as this is what they do anyway, they all have land banks that they sit around on for years knowing at some point that, that will be the area to be building in.

Its true they all have large land banks, but the majority of the land in question was bought at over the odds prices and they are now in the situation where they cannot afford to develop it as people are unable to purchase 4 bed detached houses that they were banking on building on there and charging the most rediculous prices for... as quite rightly said the 2 bed starter homes are the only ones that are selling.

My only comfort from being made redundant is that my company's shares have nose dived 85% since their merger down to a paltry 82p

Well it aint affecting many of the builders we deal with in the small to medium size firms. I have to say we have seen a downturn since last year but then again last year was insane and the market was never gonna keep that up.

Still think the market will ride it out in about 12 months time.

Well it aint affecting many of the builders we deal with in the small to medium size firms. I have to say we have seen a downturn since last year but then again last year was insane and the market was never gonna keep that up.

The government have set themselves targets. The builders are safe in the knowledge that they intend to meet those targets.

Foreigners and dossers with homes are happy foreigners and dossers. Happy foreigners and dossers are happy and loyal voters.

The government have set themselves targets. The builders are safe in the knowledge that they intend to meet those targets.

Foreigners and dossers with homes are happy foreigners and dossers. Happy foreigners and dossers are happy and loyal voters.

Very true the housing associations could well keep the market realitivly bouyant. Also the numbers of people wanting rental properties will rise as those who lose their houses through repossession or cannot get a mortgage will need to rent. Certain sectors of the rental market seem to be doing very well.

According to the bloke at work, it's pretty much the same here. Some are predicting possibly about 9 more months of the current slump and then it will turn back around in the housing market.

Fern Britton.

Fern, I don't give a **** about your gastric band, your dramatic weight loss or the fact you ripped off thousands of gullible morons who went out and got your weight-loss video & book.

All I care about is why did you have that op and not one to insert a brain?

Fern Britton.

Fern, I don't give a **** about your gastric band, your dramatic weight loss or the fact you ripped off thousands of gullible morons who went out and got your weight-loss video & book.

You would though.

Fern Britton.

But she's only come out and spoken about it (after 2 years of silence) because the magazines and the brain deads who read them keep on at her.

You would though.

Twice. In a heartbeat

But she's only come out and spoken about it (after 2 years of silence) because the magazines and the brain deads who read them keep on at her
In other words, without the pressure she would have continued to con people into buying her "I used to be a fat ****, but now my skin isn't as stretched I'm just a wrinkly ****" keep fit products.

No, Never

Even I wouldn't do that hideous fat ugly bint, and my standards are extremely low

Now if it were Tony Britton, however........:110:
I wish I'd have put him on my death list now. The bad attention she's getting could be the final push for him..

I wish I'd have put him on my death list now. The bad attention she's getting could be the final push for him..

I knew some **** would make that edit - how disappointing to find that it's you

Standards are seriously falling round here

Last edited:
Small minded, humourless people who think the [image I posted] is racist. :icon_roll

They just didn't understand the joke, Bob

Despite it being an extremely old one - I've heard it many times in the same context as the 'Pope on a plane' gag currently sitting in the joke thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610