People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Sky+ box needs two. So presumably two Sky+ boxes need four. Or is it not that simple?

Ah right, Sky+. I was thinking he just had two regular boxes. But then I wasn't really paying attention because I don't really care.
Truth be told Jeff, I don't know what he's feckin bitching on about. If he wants Sky, then just pay the ****ing money and be done with it.

Ah right, Sky+. I was thinking he just had two regular boxes. But then I wasn't really paying attention because I don't really care.
Truth be told Jeff, I don't know what he's feckin bitching on about. If he wants Sky, then just pay the ****ing money and be done with it.

Rupert Murdoch press office...Macky:icon_bigg

Sky. They want £199 for a new Sky+ box so I can have the honour of paying £10 a month for Multi-room. If they install it then it will be an additional £60, or I can install it myself and I only need to pay them £50!

Does anyone know if I can use my old Sky+ box from my house and avoid all costs?

Buy a quab LNB off eBay along with a length of shotgun cable. Run the cable alongside the exisitng cable and branch off to the room you require the second box in. Connect your old sky+ box to that then phone sky and tell them you want multiroom. Total cost £30.

Buy a quab LNB off eBay along with a length of shotgun cable. Run the cable alongside the exisitng cable and branch off to the room you require the second box in. Connect your old sky+ box to that then phone sky and tell them you want multiroom. Total cost £30.

My only concern is that I read that it's very easy to knock the dish off signal when changing the LNB. I might have a look in the yellow pages to see if there is a guy to do it. I just resent paying so much extra money to sky when we already pay jebus knows how much every month.

My only concern is that I read that it's very easy to knock the dish off signal when changing the LNB. I might have a look in the yellow pages to see if there is a guy to do it. I just resent paying so much extra money to sky when we already pay jebus knows how much every month.

It really isnt very easy at all.

If youve got ladders, a drill and a long enough drill bit to go through your walls youd be insane to pay anyone to do it.

isn't very easy, or isn't very hard?

It isn't very easy to knock the dish out of line. The LNB just connects to the end of the arm on the dish. There's no need to move the dish at all. Like Duzza says, you'd be daft to pay someone else to do it.

It isn't very easy to knock the dish out of line. The LNB just connects to the end of the arm on the dish. There's no need to move the dish at all. Like Duzza says, you'd be daft to pay someone else to do it.

Might give it a go then

if it needs ladders, drills and bits long enough to go through walls you'd be insane not to pay someone else to do it...!

It really isnt very easy at all.

It isn't very easy to knock the dish out of line. The LNB just connects to the end of the arm on the dish.

Lads, you're right that it can be a straight forward job, but it is also incredibly easy to move the dish out of line. Especially if the LNB is a tight fit, as they often are. There are lots of different dish manufacturers and LNBs don't just handily clip on and off.

Lads, you're right that it can be a straight forward job, but it is also incredibly easy to move the dish out of line. Especially if the LNB is a tight fit, as they often are. There are lots of different dish manufacturers and LNBs don't just handily clip on and off.

I would disagree strongly with that. They all clip off easily.

They all clip off easily.

Well, I would strongly disagree with that.
They absolutely do not all clip on and off easily. Some will, but some will be an absolute **** to get on and off.

One of my best mates installs Sky and I've watched him countless times pre-assembling dishes in his garage ready for the next day. Depending on the particular make of dish that he's been given, I've often watched and laughed at him as he's had to literally hammer LNBs onto the arm. And I'm using 'literally' in the correct sense.

They absolutely do not all clip on and off easily. Some will, but some will be an absolute **** to get on and off.

One of my best mates installs Sky and I've watched him countless times pre-assembling dishes in his garage ready for the next day. Depending on the particular make of dish that he's been given, I've often watched and laughed at him as he's had to literally hammer LNBs onto the arm. And I'm using 'literally' in the correct sense.

boy am I glad I have cable if that's how they treat the dishes :icon_lol:

Different dishes in Ireland and Scotland :icon_wink

Everyone else apart from me using the motorway network during bank holiday weekends.

And everyone who looks like Mick Hucknall. But mainly just Mick Hucknall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00