People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
In no way do I wish to paint the entire travelling community as indolent, thick, rude, aggressive and shining examples of piss-poor parenting. No. Just those who were forced to send their children to Hawtonville.

Those who actually turned up, parents and students, spent their days terrorising students and staff - wasting time, resources and good will.

**** them, their illegal camp and the dumbfuck liberal ****s championing their cause.

I was a student at a school where traveller kids went.

When I say "went", they came for a week, two max. That was about as long as it took for them to acquire new items of clothing, furniture, and in some cases, get some poor kid's dinner money. Or packed lunch.

I, along with other advanced children, was taken out of lessons to sit down with older kids to go through Billy Blue Hat books with them, seeing as they could not read. That was the plan the teachers gave me. The reality was physical and verbal abuse.

Like you, Maws, I wouldn't want to tarnish the entire traveller community with the same brush, but my own personal experiences of them never painted them in a good light.

How very dare this scum live on their own land? Put them all back on the road, 240 traveller families roaming around Essex with nowhere to go surely won't cause any problems.
Gggrrrrrr, bloody liberals and their concern for other human beings.
Unfortunately, there are laws that tell us what we can and can't do with our own land.

If I'm not permitted to erect a barbed wire, 8ft fence around my property, then there is no way some travellers are going to get away with developing land for their own purposes.

Besides, travellers and permanent sites? Hmmm.....

Unfortunately, there are laws that tell us what we can and can't do with our own land.

If I'm not permitted to erect a barbed wire, 8ft fence around my property, then there is no way some travellers are going to get away with developing land for their own purposes.

Besides, travellers and permanent sites? Hmmm.....

There are also statutes that prevent Travellers from actually being able to 'travel'. If I owned a piece of land and had **** all other place to bring my family, I'd probably be tempted to pitch up on that land to be honest.

There are also statutes that prevent Travellers from actually being able to 'travel'. If I owned a piece of land and had **** all other place to bring my family, I'd probably be tempted to pitch up on that land to be honest.

What statute would that be?

I can only think of laws that prevent people from setting up camp on private property, but that's fair enough, in my opinion.

One point dear old Vanessa kepts banging on about was the fact that they owned the land. One reason they could buy the land was because it was dirt cheap, because planning permission would not be possible. I wonder if our travelling friends would be prepared to pay the actual value of the land with planning permission if they were allowed to stay there. I suspect the answer would be a big fat no.

What statute would that be?

I can only think of laws that prevent people from setting up camp on private property, but that's fair enough, in my opinion.

Give it a try yourself. Pull up on the side of a road with a caravan and see how it takes the law to be moving you on.
Let's have a sweepstake, I'll go for 21/2 hours

Gggrrrrrr, bloody liberals and their concern for other human beings.

Is the Catholic church offering to let them use some of its cast tracts of land? Is this dumbfuck actress putting them up on her estate? You offering to take them in for free board and lodgings?

As Lisa said, there are clear laws appertaining to the land they bought which they were fully aware of (hence the manner they occupied it). Laws which apply to me and the use of my land should be applied evenly across the country.

What happens to them next is not at issue here...but if they are so keen to be allowed to set up a home then how about the made prospect of buying a house, paying council tax and involving themselves as part of a wider community?

What happens to them next is not at issue here...but if they are so keen to be allowed to set up a home then how about the made prospect of buying a house, paying council tax and involving themselves as part of a wider community?
Living near Basildon, I have come across this case a lot in the local news. I can report that none of them would be homeless. All of them, I repeat all of them have been offered permanent housing ( OK, I would guess not as good as Vanessa's, but being paid for by guess who, yes us poor saps, the taxpayers ). They have turned it down as it doesn't fit in with their lifestyle.

Give it a try yourself. Pull up on the side of a road with a caravan and see how it takes the law to be moving you on.
Let's have a sweepstake, I'll go for 21/2 hours
I have no interest in being in a caravan. No interest whatsoever.

But should I be taken with some kind of madness that made me want to take up residence, temporarily or permanently, in a caravan, I would probably try and use one of the many sites or parks set up to take in such a monstrosity.

Of course, this would come at some cost to me, and as a cynic, possibly explains why travellers don't tend to use them.

I don't see the problem here? they bought the land and put up a residence within the law? Something that you or I could do should we choose to?

if they settle on other's land then I have a problem

I don't see the problem here? they bought the land and put up a residence within the law?

The problem is that they didn't put up a residence within the law.

I don't think Vanessa should take up the law anytine soon. " No crime has been committed " says the hypocrite. Well, yes, apart from criminally ignoring injunctions for the last eight years, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69