People That Piss You Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
The complete absence of any common sense amongst the Great British public is laughable.

2 words that appear to have been taken out of the dictionary.
Becoming a nation of sheep that can't think for themselves,and everything is always someone else's fault!

2 words that appear to have been taken out of the dictionary.
Becoming a nation of sheep that can't think for themselves
Sadly true. People are far too lazy to formulate opinions for themselves so they wait for reporters, politicians and celebrities to tell them what their opinion is. Nobody knows anything about anything until someone on the telly tells them. They're the same divs who see a breakfast television presenter go to some poverty-stricken Somalian village and suddenly discover they give a ****, and ring the Children in Need number. They're the same cretins who all went out and got smear tests when Jade Goody went bald, as if cancer was something they'd never previously heard of and they all had to take action at that exact moment. They're the same blinkered morons who suddenly didn't want Euro 2012 to be in Ukraine after someone on tv pointed out that racism is rife in Ukrainian football. Despite the fact that the tournament was awarded in 2007, nobody seemed to give two shits about the abundant racism or the widespread thuggery until two weeks before it kicked off. Like everything else, people want information handed to them at the cost of the minimum of effort.
and everything is always someone else's fault!
Again, it's because that's what the morons have been told. Consider the ambulance chasing industry. The message appears to be "be as clumsy and stupid as you like if you're at work or on someone else's property, because you can sue: it's like winning the ****ing lottery." People, for whatever reason, don't ever want to take responsibility for their actions.

People, for whatever reason, don't ever want to take responsibility for their actions.

Including companies that do nothing about stressful, racist, sexist, unsafe workplaces and workpractices until they are sued. :icon_wink

Including companies that do nothing about stressful, racist, sexist, unsafe workplaces and workpractices until they are sued. :icon_wink
There are workplaces with dangerous elements, no doubt about it, but that's why people should use their common sense rather than relying on the hope of a big payout to look after them. If your office was half a mile from the edge of a cliff, would you expect to be briefed and given a pamphlet on how not to fall off a cliff? If you didn't get that, and then you strolled over the edge, breaking both legs and fracturing your skull, would you insist your employer give you a million quid? Or would you accept that strolling over the edge of a cliff is a monumentally stupid thing to do in the first place, and nobody owes you a ****ing penny?

There are workplaces with dangerous elements, no doubt about it, but that's why people should use their common sense rather than relying on the hope of a big payout to look after them. If your office was half a mile from the edge of a cliff, would you expect to be briefed and given a pamphlet on how not to fall off a cliff? If you didn't get that, and then you strolled over the edge, breaking both legs and fracturing your skull, would you insist your employer give you a million quid? Or would you accept that strolling over the edge of a cliff is a monumentally stupid thing to do in the first place, and nobody owes you a ****ing penny?

To be honest, that sounds like a Sun exaggerated story.

If the edge of the cliff was on my employers land I would expect them to take all reasonable steps to prevent me being able to wander over the edge.

If it isn't then it's nothing to do with them and your tale has no substance to it.

What about if your capitalist pig employer insisted you come to work on the cliff path on a pogo stick?

Seems a clear-cut case to me now we are aware of the full details.

If the edge of the cliff was on my employers land I would expect them to take all reasonable steps to prevent me being able to wander over the edge.

If it isn't then it's nothing to do with them and your tale has no substance to it.

Yeah, let's all forget about personal responsibility and common sense

I think most people who are claiming compensation for injuries caused by hitting themselves in the head with a hammer are not as stupid as they are portrayed in the newspapers, faking outrage has just become a way of trying to get some easy money. But maybe that's just me being naive.

Either way, it's a sad state of affairs of course.

Anarchist pigs insist that you all stop insisting and mind your own ****ing business. If you wanna walk off a cliff, that's your own personal choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69