Premier League 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the same society that are threatening to bring prosecutions against Spurs fans for calling themselves the Yid Army and singing songs about it

On SSN both Clark Carlisle and John Barnes were both inferring that the SoBL's should wind their necks in &
stop looking for something that isn't there.

This is actually, good to hear.

I'm as casually racist as the next bloke - but this Society of Black Lawyers is really starting to get on my tits.

Arsenal just hammered their North London rivals 5-2. Hugely helped by the fact Spurs had Adebeyor sent off only minutes after he'd put his side 1 up. AVB not got long left IMO.

Really not surprising. Won trophies but did so playing completely the opposite way to what the owner wanted. Abramovic begrudgingly gave him a 2 year contract on the back of the success but as soon as any kind of bad run started he was always going to go. I don't see how Rafa Benitez is worth the upheaval though

Really not surprising. Won trophies but did so playing completely the opposite way to what the owner wanted. Abramovic begrudgingly gave him a 2 year contract on the back of the success but as soon as any kind of bad run started he was always going to go. I don't see how Rafa Benitez is worth the upheaval though

Yep. Said all along RDM wouldn't last the season and would struggle to drag them out of a bad patch.... in the end, he didn't really even get a chance to drag them out of it!

No real surprise, but still massively unjust. But, Abramovich has poured so much money into that club and knows what he wants. To be Barcelona. That win more.

I'm glad he get's money to cover his accommodation as well as that basic is no where near enough.....

Tevez-payslip.jpg

Nice to see he does pay a good chunk of tax though as I'd have thought many a top footballer would have their accountants etc doing their best to pay as little as possible.

Last edited:
Think Rafa will do well for them. Should certainly help with their defence a bit.

Contract until the end of the season, wonder if he'll last? Tough first game. Might be back at the job centre on Monday.

Surprised the FA haven't tried to play the bringing the game into disrepute on JOM and wouldn't be unjustified in my opinion.

Good move though that ref's mics will be recorded from now on as it should hopefully mean that we don't have a repeat from the pot calling the kettle black.

Last edited:
I'm glad he get's money to cover his accommodation as well as that basic is no where near enough.....

Tevez-payslip.jpg

Nice to see he does pay a good chunk of tax though as I'd have thought many a top footballer would have their accountants etc doing their best to pay as little as possible.
As footballers have to be PAYE ( unless you go down the Employee Benefit Trust or image rights routes, which virtually all clubs won't touch with a bargepole these days ) it will get clobbered for tax. Don't feel too sorry for them, as there are all sorts of tax planning opportunities for their commercial and endorsement income earned from Boot manufacturers, advertisers, etc.

Ta RS, didn't realise they had to be paid via PAYE. At a guess I would have thought more would go for the other two methods you mentioned, especially after the Ranger's hearing the other day when it was decided their trust scheme was OK not to pay tax on though I understand HMRC are trying to challenge this?

I certainly don't feel sorry for any of them though, just extremely surprised to see that tax contributions at a glance, appear to be in line with what everyone else has to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46