Rumours - all of them in here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Another striker on his way

Two players which will end up plumping for.

Deon Burton had his transfer request accepted at ROtherham.
or Glynn Hurst had his contract cancelled at Notts County despite be their top goalscorer.

Aunt Edna told me the cafe.

Hazzman said:
Two players which will end up plumping for.

Deon Burton had his transfer request accepted at ROtherham.
or Glynn Hurst had his contract cancelled at Notts County despite be their top goalscorer.

Aunt Edna told me the cafe.

Burton would be a tragic signing.

Perhaps he'll try again for Lovell? Although he's hardly set the world alight at Aberdeen with a mighty 3 goals this season.

Francis Jeffers has returned to Charlton after a loan spell at rangers or maybe we could get connolly back on loan from Wigan as hes not featuring in there side

To be honest, news of Levein looking for another striker doesn't really inspire me...

Especially if he's down to looking at 4th choice on his list or whatever... Anyway, he's said he'll find out how much he has to spend at the board meeting next week. I'm guessing the only budget the board will actually be giving him will be for home furnishings, sailing lessons, a days bungee jumping, or whatever else it is he likes doing in his free time with his settlement money when he's not "managing" our team anymore :)

mitcho_uk said:
Francis Jeffers has returned to Charlton after a loan spell at rangers or maybe we could get connolly back on loan from Wigan as hes not featuring in there side
Charlton are rumoured to be looking to clear out the squad to free up cash for a move £5/6m move for Dean Ashton. Dont rate Jeffers though tbh. Might be okay at this level though.

Last edited:
How about Jason Euell? He hasn't had a look in at Charlton this season.

Graz said:
To be honest, news of Levein looking for another striker doesn't really inspire me...

Especially if he's down to looking at 4th choice on his list or whatever... Anyway, he's said he'll find out how much he has to spend at the board meeting next week. I'm guessing the only budget the board will actually be giving him will be for home furnishings, sailing lessons, a days bungee jumping, or whatever else it is he likes doing in his free time with his settlement money when he's not "managing" our team anymore :)

Hilarious. I'd rather keep Levein and get a new striker than spend the money on paying him off.

Leigh said:
Hilarious. I'd rather keep Levein and get a new striker than spend the money on paying him off.

Depends on who the striker is that he brings in, because otherwise if it is another Hammond / De Vries calibre then to be honest the results will not pick up and we will be paying him off anyway. Isnt that the same mistake we made with Taylor, threw good money after bad to a manager who wasnt performing.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Depends on who the striker is that he brings in, because otherwise if it is another Hammond / De Vries calibre then to be honest the results will not pick up and we will be paying him off anyway. Isnt that the same mistake we made with Taylor, threw good money after bad to a manager who wasnt performing.

CL says it needs to be a Proven Goalscorer at Chapionship level so I doubt it will be from The SPL.

highland fox said:
CL says it needs to be a Proven Goalscorer at Chapionship level so I doubt it will be from The SPL.

Trouble is H, we aint got much cash, as it will cost us to sign somebody with a goalscoring pedigree at this level, and also who the frig is gonna want to sign for a side currently sat in 20th place. The trouble is it is going to be really difficult attracting players this transfer window, and I fear it is going to have to be a player "that we take a chance on"....bit like Dickov when we signed him.

My tip and it is not somebody I am recommending but I think it is going to be David Johnson from F^$*&T.

highland fox said:
So whoever it is will be at least 35 - people dont let proven championship goalscorers go for the money we have.

Johnson hasnt exactly set the world alight this season though has he never really looked the same since he broke his leg, IMO we need someone whose confident and in form at the moment so they can come in and know where the back of the net is straight away - that would be the advantage of someone like burton - they wouldnt need to find their form theyd hopefully be able to start bagging goals straight away

Country Fox said:
Johnson hasnt exactly set the world alight this season though has he never really looked the same since he broke his leg, IMO we need someone whose confident and in form at the moment so they can come in and know where the back of the net is straight away - that would be the advantage of someone like burton - they wouldnt need to find their form theyd hopefully be able to start bagging goals straight away

I would be mortified if the supposed saviour of our season turns out to be Deon Burton, mortified.

DurhamFox said:
I would be mortified if the supposed saviour of our season turns out to be Deon Burton, mortified.

Me too the guy is average at best, too be honest he is no better than what is already here. We need a player who can come in and command being the number 1 striker and to play alongside Hume, the last thing we need is another player who only adds to the mediocrity.

i wouldnt be overjoyed either but realistically you've got to consider that we dont have much cash to spend and at this stage of the season clubs are going to be unwilling to part with successful strikers cheaply - so the list of possibilities is pretty short, we can either gamble on someone who isnt really scoring but who might have the quality or we can gamble on someone who is at least finding the back of the net on a regular basis in a lower league and hope they can replicate it in the championship. im just saying that IMO this far into the season and in the position were in we need a striker whose in form and confident, not someone whose going to hopefully develop over time

Country Fox said:
i wouldnt be overjoyed either but realistically you've got to consider that we dont have much cash to spend and at this stage of the season clubs are going to be unwilling to part with successful strikers cheaply - so the list of possibilities is pretty short, we can either gamble on someone who isnt really scoring but who might have the quality or we can gamble on someone who is at least finding the back of the net on a regular basis in a lower league and hope they can replicate it in the championship. im just saying that IMO this far into the season and in the position were in we need a striker whose in form and confident, not someone whose going to hopefully develop over time

I agree with you 100% on that, in fact I posted something along those lines earlier on. We aint got the money to sign a recognised out and out goalscorer who is proven at this level unless the fecker is approaching veteran status, IMO it is going to have to be another gamble.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570