Sunday League Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to watch the lads. Only 9 players showed. I offered to play in goal. We drew 1-1.

I made the greatest save il probally ever make , but then let in a soft header in the 85minute when i was surrounded from a corner.

I know im supposed to be resting my foot for another 3 weeks but it felt fine and if i could help it i never kicked with my right.

Enjoyed it !

We won 8-2. I got a brace. Woop.

Don't forgot the defence splitting pass!

I actually thought today was the most average we've played in a while. We had a twenty spell at 1-1 to 5-1 and then stepped off but it's always hard to motivate yourself when they had pretty much gave up.

It's about time we put someone to bed however.

We won 4-1. Should have been 9 or 10 in all honesty but we never really hit top gear. The other team said at the end that we were the worst team they had played this season, not bad considering we have put 10 past them in 2 games!!

drew 2-2 with Lutterworth Club. They equalized with the last kick of the match which was disapointing but i would have snapped the hand off, of anyone offering that before the game.

10 of the starting XI had been on the piss the day before to wet the babys head of one of our players. Starting at 12 lunchtime and i rolled in about half 2 in the morning and i was probably the 3rd one in.

Went a goal down in about 2 mins and i thought here we go. But we kept them at bay and nicked an equalizer before half time. I gave them a roasting at half time and we seemed to pick up for 30 mins and went ahead. I think the beers finally caught up with us though and the last 15 mins they started coming at us. Held them off til they got a corner at the end and a goal mouth scramble ensued and it didn't go our way.

However are main rivals for the 3rd promotion spot lost so was happy with that. They've still got to play 3 matches against the top 2. With 2 away as well. We have to play them once each and they are both at our place. Expecting to get something out of those 2 games at least.

We won 1-0 against a team a couple of places (and quite a few points) above us. The result doesn’t tell the story though, we were torn apart by injuries, working and mothers day commitments which meant we had the bare 11, which in turn meant me playing 90 minutes!!

We just rallied and put in a real team performance and nicked the winner just after half time. The same team had beaten us 5-3 earlier in the season. We are now unbeaten in 4 league games, scoring 11 and conceding just 3 which is amazing for us! Our new premier league signing is looking like the scoop of the season and the bag of pork scratchings he cost is looking like 70p well spent!

2-2 against 3rd at hum.

Ref made a shambolic decision which went in our favour (the ball clearly changed direction). We get our Rory Delap to launch it into the box, keeper makes two saves, I miss the ball on the rebound but then wallop one of our lads sees it in....last minute...oo ya beauty! Goalscorer took his shirt off and the ref booked him! What rubbish.

Good way to put last week's effort behind us.

We had one of our worst performances yesterday but were still 4-0 up at half time through their poor goalkeeping and an OG volley from their defender. Went out second half and they just wanted it more and pegged us back to 4-3 but we popped up with a 5th with about 5 to go and killed the game.

Won our last 5 in the league and flying. Big game next week against the team just below us. Need to win that to try to move up the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669