Sven sacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're looking at a former manager coming back then there's only one with recent experience of what it takes to get a team out of the Championship. Twice.

Re: Sven rumoured to have been sacked.

I've lost a bit of love for this club now and I can't really bring myself to follow the results any closer.

Something's just died inside of me.

FFS, the drama queens are out in force tonight :icon_wink

Whoever comes in inherits a good position in the league and quality players, a run of 3 or 4 wins.......

West Ham away, Burnley away, Leeds home. A tough start for whoever it is.

It's notable that our opponents on Saturday are playing this evening and any management team worth the role would have been there to watch. As usual, Sven and Faz were happy wander aimlessly into another game ill prepared.

After the initial surprise, can't help feeling this is a masterstroke at exactly the right time from the owners.

Imagine Walford on the training ground before the end of the week getting this lot properly organised. Robertson gently getting to know the characters in the squad and learning who the movers and shakers are. MON plotting and planning and inspiring.

Can't wait.

Like many others I was shocked when I found out, but trying to be objective, things have not been going well in terms of results. The Derby game was perhaps City's best performance, and I honestly thought after that we had turned the corner but clearly we haven't and Saturdays debacle was proof of that if proof were needed. The florist, Barnsley, chuck in the home defeats and something clearly wasn't working. Sven has bought many good players to the club, and I really don't think we should panic, its the sytem he wanted them to use rather than the players that has been at fault. Before King Power sacked Sousa his replacement was already signed up, and I think the same scenario will again play out. However I don't thinK it will be MON, they want someone with a high profile in Thailand and the Far East, Robson has already been mentioned, but my guess is another foreign manager. Who though? I wish I knew.

I've felt that for many years - nothing to do with the events of this evening.

I should've rephrased that - I feel like I hate the way Leicester are going.

It's notable that our opponents on Saturday are playing this evening and any management team worth the role would have been there to watch. As usual, Sven and Faz were happy wander aimlessly into another game ill prepared.

After the initial surprise, can't help feeling this is a masterstroke at exactly the right time from the owners.

Imagine Walford on the training ground before the end of the week getting this lot properly organised. Robertson gently getting to know the characters in the squad and learning who the movers and shakers are. MON plotting and planning and inspiring.

Can't wait.

Making some bold assumptions there matey. Could just as easily be Bryan Robson swilling gin and taking backhanders.

Last edited:
The only small pleasure after a bad game was "phone-in bingo" on the way home - you could check them off:

3 x Sack Sven
1 x Bring back Pearson
1 x Bring back Fryatt

House!

But I never thought anyone was taking it seriously...

Sad day imo.
Fine margins influenced this decision. Had we turned up on Saturday and gone 4th, you could honestly say that we were in a good position without even playing well. On that basis you could have had reasonable confidence that the season was shaping up fine for us, and the small expected improvement would see us rise to the automatic slots. Instead a truly dreadful result and we are in the bottom half having not played well. From that position things looked precarious.
Sven is a decent bloke that often frustrate through his lack of natural anger and passion when things go wrong. When he said it was 'unacceptable' against Millwall, it was spoken in a tone akin to a teacher that was having no effect whilst telling off its naughty pupils.
You have to wonder how dedicated these players were in Svens laid back regime. After Millwall and the latter parts of the Watford game there were questions about 'tiredness'. Yes we played 3 games in a week, but didnt Millwall and most other championship teams ? It didnt sit right that comment, infact it would make me question what was actually going on within the club.
All in all just another depressing day in the history of LCFC.

Fazackerley on Radio Leicester saying that he understands that the club has arrangements for Sven's replacement in place.

Faz is also leaving.

i heard this but i was under the impression, and i might be wrong, that the question he was asked was about who was in charge for West Ham on Sat

But listening to Fazz he didn't sound too surprised, saying something like it's what happens when you lose games you shouldn't. Sven apparently said he couldn't understand why or how that performance on Saturday happened. Maybe this was enough for the owners to feel worried?? who knows, but wait and see who comes along, and if they do what Sven couldn't (get us into the top 6) and keep us there till the end of the season then tell me how hollow it feels.

Sven was told before the Brighton game...up it or you're off.

You have to wonder how dedicated these players were in Svens laid back regime..

A good number of the squad who were here when he arrived are on their biggest pay-day thanks to Sven authorising pay rises and contract extensions. An attempt at man motivating which backfired.

I'll be honest. I expected these antics under the Thai's. So it's come as no shock.
I also have no sympathy for Sven and not really bothered he's gone, I never felt confident about us with him in charge. I never saw an away performance full of effort and grit under him.

Oh well, appoint anyone half-decent we may have a chance. The club has had a short-term ambition since the arrival of Mandaric; signing ten players every Summer. We had one light during that period and pissed it up the wall. It will continue like this until someone comes in at board level who knows how balance ambition and realism.

Also if we appoint Hughes...give it three years, we'll be beating United at Old Trafford 6-1.

Last edited:
A good number of the squad who were here when he arrived are on their biggest pay-day thanks to Sven authorising pay rises and contract extensions. An attempt at man motivating which backfired.

I'll be honest. I expected these antics under the Thai's. So it's come as no shock.
I also have no sympathy for Sven and not really bothered he's gone, I never felt confident about us with him in charge. I never saw an away performance full of effort and grit under him.

Spot on for me.

Let's hope the players who are supposedly gutted are ****ing pleased with themselves, shame they couldn't motivate themselves enough the play for the guy when he was here.

Oh well, appoint anyone half-decent we may have a chance. The club has had a short-term ambition since the arrival of Mandaric; signing ten players every Summer. We had one light during that period and pissed it up the wall. It will continue like this until someone comes in at board level who knows how balance ambition and realism.

Also if we appoint Hughes...give it three years, we'll be beating United at Old Trafford 6-1.
Yet we sack Sven-Göran Eriksson after roughly 13 months in charge.

It baffles the mind, really.

Yet we sack Sven-Göran Eriksson after roughly 13 months in charge.

It baffles the mind, really.

I think his comment referred to the fact that Man City went from Sven to Mark Hughes...

Then we'd get Mancini... makes sense, ex-player, knows what the club is about!

Last edited:
Wonder who's daughter he shagged? Feeling total apathy at who comes and goes, and we should move back to filbo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670