Speculation ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours th

Which makes him 62.3% more lethal in front of goal

I think that stat is rounded up, I make it 62.298%.

Please don't post stats that breed false hope.

Re: ThaiSweetChili's annoying, but traditional, totally unfounded Summer15 rumours th

(I thought he should have been dropped before he got injured)

Which effectively he was!

And the Foxes will make a bid of £8m for Japan forward Shinji Okazaki, 29, this summer after reopening talks with Mainz. Telegraph)

Meanwhile, Leicester boss Nigel Pearson wants to sign on-loan German defender Robert Huth, 30, on a permanent deal from Stoke. (Leicester Mercury)

If Kasper has the opportunity to move to Arsenal or Liverpool then let him go for the right fee.

It's the name of the game - and it isn't in the best interests of Leicester City in terms of player future recruitment to try to hold on to players who have an opportunity such as this. And I'm sure we wouldn't try to block him.

If any of this is true, it could be just agent talk. I am sure that neither Liverpool or Arsenal would go about business in this way, if either club want him they will go through the appropriate channels. City are one of the tightest clubs around when it comes to giving information about possible targets, in or out. I wouldn't expect this speculation to be any different.

#lcfc scout watched #vfbstuttgart 2-1 #hsv on Sat, 29yo Hamburg LB/LW Marcell Jansen & 32yo MF Rafael van der Vaart out of contract in June

Rafael van der Vaart

Ya bugger

Last edited:

Rafael van der Vaart

Ya bugger

Before the signing of Cambiasso I would have dismissed this as complete and total horse shit; never say never now.

Last edited:

There are going to be so many players going to be linked with City over the next few months, some good some bad, others will be pure bullshit. The question is where does the team need strengthening? Some of the older players Wasy. and Nugent for example may be on the way out, so that's a defender and a striker just to replace those two. Then there is the speculation about Kasper; we made need a goalkeeper. James is out with a long term injury, so does midfield need addressing? Pearson is not going to have much of a summer break.

I think Wes, Was and Huth are good enough for another season as first choice, when we play 3 at the back, but I do not think de Laet, Simpson and Konchesky are good enough as first choice, so definitely at least a left back and maybe a right back needed for when we play at the back.

Cambiasso is first choice in midfield, and Captain. With James out for at least 6 months, I do not think Drinkwater and Hammond are good enough to be automatic starters, so maybe a strong midfielder needed.

Krameric has undoubtedly made our forwards better, just to try and keep him on the bench! Vardy and Ulloa are both good starters. Nugent I would keep as an impact last 30 minutes sub.

Mahrez is undoubtedly at his best sitting in behind the two strikers. Out on the wing he just has to dribble past more defenders to get back into the centre!

Albrighton and Schlupp are great as wingbacks. It would be great if we could find another one that could play on either side as backup.

I think Wes, Was and Huth are good enough for another season as first choice, when we play 3 at the back, but I do not think de Laet, Simpson and Konchesky are good enough as first choice, so definitely at least a left back and maybe a right back needed for when we play at the back.

Cambiasso is first choice in midfield, and Captain. With James out for at least 6 months, I do not think Drinkwater and Hammond are good enough to be automatic starters, so maybe a strong midfielder needed.

Krameric has undoubtedly made our forwards better, just to try and keep him on the bench! Vardy and Ulloa are both good starters. Nugent I would keep as an impact last 30 minutes sub.

Mahrez is undoubtedly at his best sitting in behind the two strikers. Out on the wing he just has to dribble past more defenders to get back into the centre!

Albrighton and Schlupp are great as wingbacks. It would be great if we could find another one that could play on either side as backup.

Not one part of my brain can compute how you think Schlupp is good enough but not De Laet or Drinkwater.

NP obviously agrees, as Schlupp has been a regular starter in our good run, and the other two haven't.

He suits the style better, doesn't mean he's good enough. I'd expect a better left wing back to come in who knew how to look up.

Nope. Schlupp will be on that left hand side as long as we can afford to keep him. He's had a wonderful season.

Nope. Schlupp will be on that left hand side as long as we can afford to keep him. He's had a wonderful season.

This. He needs time to develop some aspects of his game.

He is an exceptional prospect and when the time arrives he will be poached by one of the top teams for well in excess of £10 million, maybe a lot more.

Schlupp is up there in the the best 3 or 4 players of the season for me. More a case of whether we can hold on to him.

On the subject of CBs I would of course like to see Huth signed but hope we are also in the market for a younger, quicker, defender as backup for when those three are creaking a bit.

Of course we'll also have Liam if he regains some confidence.

Schlupp is not technically great but as an outlet he is as good as we will get. His overlapping runs and ability to beat a man in a one on one situation is outstanding. He also defends fairly well, despite being a little naive on occasions, though I am sure this will improve a great deal. For me, we lose an awful lot when he is not in the side.

Schlupp is up there in the the best 3 or 4 players of the season for me. More a case of whether we can hold on to him.

Exactly.

If he was 28/29, then I'd understand some of the lack of enthusiasm for him, but at 22 he's got the potential to be a cracking player in a couple of years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669