The Foreign Football Thread 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
....last-16 tie in the Dutch Cup between Ajax and AZ Alkmaar was abandoned after 38 minutes with Ajax leading 1-0 following a pitch invasion by a supporter, as AZ Alkmaar walked off the pitch as their keeper is sent off for this>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>View attachment 8714
I was at the game last night and it was amazing to see this, complete shock!! the fact the coach walked on to the pitch and took his players off.
good to see that after the game had been stopped and everyone left that there was no voilence between the fans.
This fan who decided to be so stupid looks like a complete idiot today as he picture and clip of his ass getting kicked is everywhere!!!

You make it sound as though you think players should not be red-carded for violent conduct.
Correct, but shouldn't Alkmaar be rewarded the victory as Ajax failed to ensure the safety of the players? That's what happened when Sweden played Denmark in the Euro Qualifications a few years ago, and a similar incident occurred.

Last edited:
You make it sound as though you think players should not be red-carded for violent conduct.

No. did I say that?
The goalie is a nutter I reckon. Did you see the video.He was trying to get at the guy even after the players etc were there surrounding the hooligan.

I agree that he could defend himself in the first interaction,but those other kicks were almost hooligan type that you used to see between fans in tbe 70's and 80's,that I witnessed first hand so to speak.
The managers stance was initially understandable, but once if the security staff/pllice could indicate that they could contain any possible crowd problems then it would have been possible to finish the game off.
As Spanky said there was no crowd trouble at all. The fans were probably all stunned by what they had seen.

Last edited:
Self defence, that picture is very misleading.

Red card also rescinded so It seems the Dutch FA also condone violent conduct.

Self defence, that picture is very misleading.

Red card also rescinded so It seems the Dutch FA also condone violent conduct.

The video isn't though. It was self defence until the guy was subdued, beyond that it's blatant and horrific abuse

The video isn't though. It was self defence until the guy was subdued, beyond that it's blatant and horrific abuse
I agree entirely with Esteban's actions. He was attacked while doing his job. The lad made himself fair game.

I agree entirely with Esteban's actions. He was attacked while doing his job. The lad made himself fair game.

Anyone who attacks me in my office can expect to find a 4' sword and loads of 22 pellets in their head, if they are still moving I might kick them a bit.

I'm sure there was a Dutch journalist on Talksport a few days ago who reckoned it wasn't necessarily a random attack, some rumours of it involving an ex-girlfriend. I haven't heard that mentioned again though so maybe it was ruled out.

I'm sure there was a Dutch journalist on Talksport a few days ago who reckoned it wasn't necessarily a random attack, some rumours of it involving an ex-girlfriend. I haven't heard that mentioned again though so maybe it was ruled out.

Talksport is the definition of talking absolute crap, only thing going for it is Stanley Victor.

Too bloody right, just because the mentalist was on the floor doesn't render him harmless all of a sudden.

BVB back on top! :icon_bigg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670