The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

Maybe we’re planning on playing Ayew as a number 9 to rotate with Vardy, with Mavididi, Fatawu, BDCR, and McAteer as the wingers, and Buonanotte and Bilal behind the main striker.

Hence maybe no striker will be coming in.
I think this is most likely. Along with Cooper’s reputation with youth, we may see Popov and Alves closer to first team action.

In my opinion, it’s a good variety of options for goals.

It's really surprising that we aren't going to bring in a number 9. Almost like we are accepting our fate.

Along with Cooper’s reputation with youth…..

Not sure about that, just yet

He’s pretty much ignored Alves and Nelson to date, and we signed Golding for £4million, gave him ten minutes in a preseason game and then ****ed him off to the under 21s

Not sure we’ll see much of them this year

Or maybe Cooper just goes for 3 forwards as any combination of wingers and strikers that rotate around the pitch Barcelona style. Whoever finds themself in front of the goal with the ball in a bit of space takes the shot.
as the saying goes " the most difficult part is putting the ball in the net". please can we go back to scouring leagues one and below and equivalent European levels for talent.

that has brought us the most success imo.

Speaking live outside the club’s training ground for Sky Sports News on Friday afternoon, Kirsty Edwards revealed that, as things stand, there will be no more additions at the King Power this month.

She said: “As we speak, the club not expected any incomings"

........Oh, I can go to bed then.

Is today really transfer deadline day?! I'm not sure if I've just had my head in the sand or been too busy with work and wondering if I can get Oasis tickets, but I'd not heard anything about today being deadline day until I read this thread.

Seems very quiet generally, not just with us!

Southampton signing Aaron Ramsdale feels like a cracking signing. I thought he was unfairly replaced as number 1 at Arsenal, and it's mostly down to this modern trend of wanting a keeper that's better with their feet.

I'm happy with Mads, but I think that's a huge signing for one of our relegation rivals.

Southampton signing Aaron Ramsdale feels like a cracking signing. I thought he was unfairly replaced as number 1 at Arsenal, and it's mostly down to this modern trend of wanting a keeper that's better with their feet.

I'm happy with Mads, but I think that's a huge signing for one of our relegation rivals.
Yep, he'll definitely save them more points than Bazunu or Mccarthy.

Ward-Prowse going to Notts Forrest on loan too is another excellent signing for a relegation rival.

Speaking live outside the club’s training ground for Sky Sports News on Friday afternoon, Kirsty Edwards revealed that, as things stand, there will be no more additions at the King Power this month.

She said: “As we speak, the club not expected any incomings"

........Oh, I can go to bed then.

Well that's complete wank

We appear to have had no actual strategy for this transfer window, other than maybe 'we need some blokes with Premier League 'experience', regardless of what position they are or how good they are. Leaving us with 37 year old Vardy, a totally shite (and injured) Daka, and filling in with the likes of Ayew is a ridiculous position to be in

But I don't actually know that, so probably not allowed to speculate about it, apparently

I have no real problem with Cannon going. I know others are annoyed about it and him not being given a chance, but if the manager doesn't rate him and we can sell him for a fee then generally it's probably right to. And if you look at the level of club he's being linked to then it doesn't feel like we've just missed a gem here...

But...

Selling a striker when we need to sign a striker and haven't done seems mad. If this opens up the option to bring someone better in then go for it. But leaving ourselves even lighter up front seems mad.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46
10Manchester U46
11Bournemouth45