The hysterically annoying and totally unfounded, but traditional, Summer 2024 rumours thread.

For the record, shit + dull - annoying = crap ÷ mundane x dross

£30m or similar for a loan is crazy, but this looks like a decent signing on paper.

Obviously no idea what Broja and Szmodics wanted themselves, but two good signings in positions we're desperately short for.

Not convinced by Broja one bit.

Same, doesn't feel like a good signing this one. I wouldn't want him, especially for that kind of money.
You don't think 2 goals in 26 Prem games is convincing?

How about 18 in 96 for his whole career?

Yes agreed - you could get better for 30m. Daka, for example!

Oh for ****’s sake

Think I preferred the tumbleweed….

After a decent showing first game with positivity about the place (second half). Signing Ayew wouldn't be pissing on our chips. It'd be sticking the chips in a cooler bag for a trip up to Edinburgh to stick salt n sauce all over them.

Ayew... Runs forever, wins fouls, gains territory, assists others, is a horrible player to play against.

In our position, I see the logic.

He would have been ideal to bring on against Spurs the other night.

Also, 6 million quid is nothing in today's market.

Yeah, I don’t hate it, I suppose.

I generally prefer we sign younger players with resale value (and lovely bums) but I see the logic here.

He’s a bit horrible too, which I think will serve us well.

Go and read the Palace forum you miserable ****er.
Why? I've seen him at. He's been pretty shit at every club he's been to. If you want balance, you could ask Villa fans what they think of him. Or Swansea fans. Or look at his stats of 22 goals in 175 appearances for Palace. Or his 9 in 51 for Villa. Or his 8 in 50 for Swansea....

In the meantime, we need a goalscorer..... It sure as shit ain't this guy.

Why? I've seen him at. He's been pretty shit at every club he's been to. If you want balance, you could ask Villa fans what they think of him. Or Swansea fans. Or look at his stats of 22 goals in 175 appearances for Palace. Or his 9 in 51 for Villa. Or his 8 in 50 for Swansea....

In the meantime, we need a goalscorer..... It sure as shit ain't this guy.

I'm going to choose to see him as Cooper's version of Okazaki who never contributed a lot of goals but was vital to how the team fitted together.

You can choose to carry on being Norman Negative.

I'm going to choose to see him as Cooper's version of Okazaki who never contributed a lot of goals but was vital to how the team fitted together.

You can see him how you like. I'll wait until I see him play until I judge him as a Leicester player. None of what I have said about him is from the street, just based on facts and numbers. If he surprises me and becomes a decent squad option then great, I'll be happy. If he doesn't, which is probably more likely, then I won't. Simple really intit.

We are going to need a goalscorer though if we want to compete. History and statistics show us that Ayew isn't one. If Cooper is buying him to play the supportive role then okay, as long as we buy another striker to put the ball in the net.

Absolutely spot on.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  39
2Liverpool39
3Brighton37
4Arsenal37
5Newcastle37
6Brentford36
7Aston Villa36
8Bournemouth35
9Nottm F35
10Tottenham 34