Things that piss you off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banks really annoy me. Each year they seem to announce record profits and yet they keep closing down branches and putting in more auto tellers. And the hidden fees really annoy me too.

Governments annoy me. They keep telling us we've never had it so good and yet mortgages and rents have gone through the bleeding roof, the price of everything has gone up dramatically in the last few years, the legal system is a joke, all lawyers should be tarred and feathered and made to watch an entire season of football at the Walkers.

Doctors annoy me too. They insist on you turning up at your appointed time and then keep you in some dingey, pot plant infested waiting room where the only form of amusement is reading a wide selection of women's mags, the bulletin, or trying to figure out what all the other poor bastards in the waiting room are there for. After an hour or so the receptionist looks up from filing her nails and tells you in an authoritative tone that "the doctor will see you now". No offer of compensation for the time you've wasted, but don't dare keep them waiting. After all, their time is more precious.

Okay, I feel better now, I better stop. :icon_conf

Governments annoy me. They keep telling us we've never had it so good and yet mortgages and rents have gone through the bleeding roof, the price of everything has gone up dramatically in the last few years, the legal system is a joke, all lawyers should be tarred and feathered and made to watch an entire season of football at the Walkers.
You obviously never had a mortgage when Thatcher was in power then :102:

You can, but it would need an odd route.

....like to Carlisle and then 3 more changes.

A two hour bus ride to York don't seem so bad....89 miles in 2 hours on a bus...my gosh that's pushing it.

Do you get any 'insurance' if a replacement bus is late and then you miss the train??

Last edited:
....like to Carlisle and then 3 more changes.

A two hour bus ride to York don't seem so bad....89 miles in 2 hours on a bus...my gosh that's pushing it.

Do you get any 'insurance' if a replacement bus is late and then you miss the train??

If its a 'connection' then I would imagine they would make the bus wait

Bad day Ol'?

pants mate

and i had to wait until 1am before going bed last night watching a database, then wake up at six and check if it had run

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

i had to wait until 1am before going bed last night watching a database, then wake up at six and check if it had run

Part timer....

I have a database I update a couple of times a week, I don't start the data import/indexing until around 2AM and then have to wait for it to finish (at least two hours) before I can go to bed.

Part timer....

I have a database I update a couple of times a week, I don't start the data import/indexing until around 2AM and then have to wait for it to finish (at least two hours) before I can go to bed.

Surprising that you still have the time to bed all those women!! :icon_lol:

Part timer....

out of interest (and I know nothing about such things) why can't you start at a more sensible time?

out of interest (and I know nothing about such things) why can't you start at a more sensible time?
Don't be daft, they'd miss 'Deal or no deal' or 'Bargain hunters' if they did that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69