Time To Deliver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Plenty of teams perform better in the second half of the season than they do in the first, normally after replacing a poor manager with a good one, the classic example of course was palace a few years back.

I hope and pray that IH really does know what he is doing.

We can but hope.........

However, I did read that he's got four trialists in on Monday (today). Any idea who they are?

yes theres a programme seller, a car park attendant , a tea lady & a bloke called Birch thats been brought in to revamp the half time entertainment programme -the real reason we turn up on match days (the most entertainment i see on a saturday afternoon)

ps soon we'll only have the Birchs efforts to endure at half time as the tvs on the concourses are going in the coming weeks - something to do with the foxestv contract ending.
shall we have a whip 'round?

:sleep: wake me up when we string two passes together

we're fecked:thumbs_do

yes theres a programme seller, a car park attendant , a tea lady & a bloke called Birch thats been brought in to revamp the half time entertainment programme -the real reason we turn up on match days (the most entertainment i see on a saturday afternoon)

ps soon we'll only have the Birchs efforts to endure at half time as the tvs on the concourses are going in the coming weeks - something to do with the foxestv contract ending.
shall we have a whip 'round?

:sleep: wake me up when we string two passes together

we're fecked:thumbs_do

What am I meant to do during the game now??:icon_roll

I haven't read through all of this thred, however it seems as though Martin Allen is taking a lot of the lame for the current playing squad. However wasn't it Milan Mandaric who said allen only made 4 of the summer signings (this is only rom memory so may be wrong) and thus should look at our overly interfering chairman.

Further to this at tjhe start of the season when there was a buzz around the club and things looked tyo be on thew up the current sqaud looked good.

FGinally, it is obvious at the moment we are not perfvorming well, and lacking a midfield, and when fryatt and john were out, a strike force. However we left MDV out on loan and kishishev who would do a better job than king (who is not yet ready) and Cort who is useless

Further to this at tjhe start of the season when there was a buzz around the club and things looked tyo be on thew up the current sqaud looked good.
Spot on FM!!!

It seems to me, and I am probably wrong again, but it seems to me that people are now stretching to re-writing history in a last ditched desperate attempt to deflect and protect Ollie from any criticism that may be aimed at him for losing 4 out of his 7 games so far.

As I said, I'm probably wrong and would hate to upset anybody again by appearing to blaspheme.

Let's be realistic. The "established" players have just not delivered often enough. However, it's clear that the youngsters aren't really up to it yet so the team cannot cope with more determined opposition. No point in getting at individual players any more. The team lacks grit throughout.

Anyone know about the three trialists?

They're on trial.

But seriously though, why don't they just tell us who's on trial. We used to get told a few years ago who was on trial, Yawl Mawene for example (thinking about it, why the feck didnt we sign him?!?!?!).

Since Hollway took over (last 7 games) we are second from bottom. He has us relegated.

I would be interested to see where the other Managers were sitting in the table for the duration of their stay with the same group of players.

Since Hollway took over (last 7 games) we are second from bottom. He has us relegated.

I would be interested to see where the other Managers were sitting in the table for the duration of their stay with the same group of players.

Oh FFS if you love Ginger Pubes so much, go and support Bolton!! :098:

Spot on FM!!!

It seems to me, and I am probably wrong again, but it seems to me that people are now stretching to re-writing history in a last ditched desperate attempt to deflect and protect Ollie from any criticism that may be aimed at him for losing 4 out of his 7 games so far.

As I said, I'm probably wrong and would hate to upset anybody again by appearing to blaspheme.

I personally was surprised that we signed 3 players that weren't good enough for Brum, a load of others that I hadn't heard of and Carl Cort. Not really a team that was going to challenge for promotion. As always before the first game I was swept along with the pre-season hope and optimism, why else would we keep coming back?

The truth is that the vast majority of these players aren't good enough. The likes of Fryatt and Hume have demonstated that over the last few seasons, without any improvement in their games they are now looking like two of the better players, or should I say less bad players.

You should and do have the right the criticize IH, but him leaving now will help nobody.

Oh FFS if you love Ginger Pubes so much, go and support Bolton!! :098:
Read the question again please.

If you understand it and can answer it, then excellent.

If you understand it, but aren't able to answer it, please feel free to walk away without adding anything as constructive as you just have done.

I'd hate for you to appear to be a dimwit.

You should and do have the right the criticize IH, but him leaving now will help nobody.
I'm not criticising, I'm asking a question.

I'm guessing the answer will provide me with a basis on which to decide whether to criticise or not.

I'm not hoping for him to leave either. I'm still VERY curious as to why he's escaping criticism though when others haven't, and yet seem to have a better record.

Yes alex, it's getting repetetive, but I like answers to my questions. The fact nobody appears to be able to give me a satisfactory answer, means the topic keeps arising.

If you're all getting bored of me asking this question, I'll retire it and draw the conclusion that you lot obviously know as little about football and football management as I do.

I'm not hoping for him to leave either. I'm still VERY curious as to why he's escaping criticism though when others haven't, and yet seem to have a better record.

I think Melts that most of us have realised that the majority of the players are sh*t.

I didn't want Megson here after watching his crap brand of football but I'm prepared to admit that he wasn't the problem, nor was flat cap, nor was Worthington. The players are past it or League 1 standard at best.

I think Melts that most of us have realised that the majority of the players are sh*t.

I didn't want Megson here after watching his crap brand of football but I'm prepared to admit that he wasn't the problem, nor was flat cap, nor was Worthington. The players are past it or League 1 standard at best.
I know, but that still doesn't answer my question.

Whether the players are crap, mediocre, or brilliant, all of our Managers so far this season have had the same squad to choose from. All I'm asking for is if anybody knows the stats to say who has achieved the best results with this set of players.

I'd then like to to take those stats and balance them off against the way the different Managers were treated.

I'd hate for you to appear to be a dimwit.

Whereas I'm happy for you to appear a dimwit, which is quite good considering all these anti-Hollway posts you are shitting out....... :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566