Post Match Watford 3 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PFKAKTF FOX

I think it is highly likely that this defeat will signal significant changes and even the end of some City careers, personally I think we will see a back 4 of Pantsil, Morgan, Bamba, Konch with SSL providing cover for right back and centre back positions, as for Mills I think we will look to recover some of our losses in the summer.

As for midfield I would not be surprised to see a loan signing or two and certainly for Danns and Marshall to come in to the side, just hope the injury to Drinkwater is not too serious.

Heineken Matt

I can't help but think the owners must be saying "wart tha fak havwee bort - do yoo think we cud get ar monies back ?"

indierich06

I can't help but think the owners must be saying "wart tha fak havwee bort - do yoo think we cud get ar monies back ?"

Can you not help but think that because your brain is all racist?

indierich06

Yeah you're right, that's just good old fashioned fun. I bet it'd be even funnier if you pulled your eyes all slitty and put in some fake crooked teeth and danced around shouting 'me rikey velly much'

Doggie_muz

My ratings from last night, for what it's worth.

KS - 8 - No chance with the goals, a couple of good saves and some decent distribution
LP - 5 - Many of their good chances 1st half came down our right. Peltier didn't deal with them and offered little going forward
SSL - 6 - Probably the pick of the defenders (not saying much), still didn't deal with the long ball, gave the ball away too easily at times, but looked dangerous from right back
MM - 4 - Didn't win a header all night, panicky, woeful distribution and a tantrum for a yellow card
PK - 6 - Didn't do too much wrong
PG - 6 - Drifted inside a lot (possibly by design), wasn't particularly creative, but didn't give the ball away much
RW - 7 - Spread the ball well, generally didn't give it away, kept us ticking
DD - 6 - Gave the ball away too much trying to be too clever, but made up for it more often than not and showed good desire.
LD - 6 - Offered the occassional spark, as per usual, but not a lot more than that.
JB - 7 - Worked hard, ran the channels, linked well with Nuge, set up goals and missed an absolute sitter.
DN - 9 - Excellent. Second goal was a beauty. First wasn't bad. Didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

WM - 7 - Did pretty well. Won more headers than anyone else put together and distributed the ball well. Was fouled for their third I thought.
ND - 6 - Looked busy, as per usual, and provided a good link, but gave the ball away for their third.
SH - N/A

Overall, we weren't too bad, but still contrived to give away three goals and lose the game. We played some nice stuff in their half of the pitch (particularly second half), created lots of decent chances, scored two excellent goals, but looked very shaky, couldn't deal with their physical threat and gave away three stupid goals.

Someone summed up the season pretty well earlier (NF?), in saying that we'd probably be closer to the play-offs under Sven, but we wouldn't quite have got there and a lot has changed for the better under Nige (attitude in particular). If we can just start controlling games and defending more comfortably, then there are many good signs for next season.

Matt_B

My ratings from last night, for what it's worth.

KS - 8 - No chance with the goals, a couple of good saves and some decent distribution
LP - 5 - Many of their good chances 1st half came down our right. Peltier didn't deal with them and offered little going forward
SSL - 6 - Probably the pick of the defenders (not saying much), still didn't deal with the long ball, gave the ball away too easily at times, but looked dangerous from right back
MM - 4 - Didn't win a header all night, panicky, woeful distribution and a tantrum for a yellow card
PK - 6 - Didn't do too much wrong
PG - 6 - Drifted inside a lot (possibly by design), wasn't particularly creative, but didn't give the ball away much
RW - 7 - Spread the ball well, generally didn't give it away, kept us ticking
DD - 6 - Gave the ball away too much trying to be too clever, but made up for it more often than not and showed good desire.
LD - 6 - Offered the occassional spark, as per usual, but not a lot more than that.
JB - 7 - Worked hard, ran the channels, linked well with Nuge, set up goals and missed an absolute sitter.
DN - 9 - Excellent. Second goal was a beauty. First wasn't bad. Didn't deserve to be on the losing side.

WM - 7 - Did pretty well. Won more headers than anyone else put together and distributed the ball well. Was fouled for their third I thought.
ND - 6 - Looked busy, as per usual, and provided a good link, but gave the ball away for their third.
SH - N/A

Overall, we weren't too bad, but still contrived to give away three goals and lose the game. We played some nice stuff in their half of the pitch (particularly second half), created lots of decent chances, scored two excellent goals, but looked very shaky, couldn't deal with their physical threat and gave away three stupid goals.

Someone summed up the season pretty well earlier (NF?), in saying that we'd probably be closer to the play-offs under Sven, but we wouldn't quite have got there and a lot has changed for the better under Nige (attitude in particular). If we can just start controlling games and defending more comfortably, then there are many good signs for next season.

I would expect to see SSL at RB next game with either Bamba or Morgan in the middle.

indierich06

I wouldn't mind seeing a back four of:

St Ledger (RB) Bamba (CB) Morgan (CB) Kennedy (LB)

I've had enough of Mills now, why both Pearson and Sven seemed to deem him essential to the side I'll never know. I was all for giving him a chance, but his poor performances coupled with his bad attitude and petulance makes me think it's time he sat on the bench for a while. It could actually do him some good to be honest as I think he could be a good player for us eventually.

To the people who think we're going to ship him out in the summer; on this form, who'd take him? We'd want at least a couple of million for him. We're either going to get next to nothing for him, which would make it an even worse bit of business, or he's going to stay. I think the latter is far more likely.

Last edited:

Lako42

So bamba could be flavour of the month again, interesting.

Just another episode of our shoddy defence, which has been apparent to me for a while, mills is simply not good enough.

Han

SSL and Mills have been very vulnerable to teams who have big strikers. More than likely the reason NP bought Morgan.

Going by the reports on here I would expect SSL to play at right back and Morgan to come in the the centre to play alongside Mills (unless NP feels his performance deserves punishing).

Is Bamba going to be back for the weekend?

Doggie_muz

I wouldn't mind seeing a back four of:

St Ledger (RB) Bamba (CB) Morgan (CB) Kennedy (LB).

I think this is a reasonably likely occurrence going forward, although probably with Konch at left back. Despite how well Kennedy played at Palace, I still think he's second choice to PK.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Once again Pearson trotted out his mantra of 'I was brought in to sort things out'. Last night he genuinely seemed very angry about the performance of some of the team. Time for excuses is over. He has had plenty of time to turn around the attitude of some players, and Beckford is the only one to have responded. I think maybe Pearson needs to say to Mills, 'you are crap and ill-disciplined and not fit to wear the captain's armband, so you are dropped'. Maybe a few others too.

indierich06

At the minute, I think the best side we can put out would be:

Kasper

St Ledger, Bamba, Morgan, Konchesky

Marshall, Wellens, Drinkwater, Dyer/Gallagher

Beckford, Nugent

Still doesn't look too great, we could do with a couple of players in the summer for sure.

terry south

apart from nugent all the other player are not good enough to wear the shirt,pearson got to go,premier league your having a laugh

Last edited:

indierich06

apart from nugent all the other player are not good enough to wear the shirt,pearson got to go,premier league your having a laugh

Problem solved then; sack all the players, sack the manager and Nugent can take over as player manager and lead us to the Prem singlehandedly!

Biffa Bacon

At the minute, I think the best side we can put out would be:

Kasper

St Ledger, Bamba, Morgan, Konchesky

Marshall, Wellens, Drinkwater, Dyer/Gallagher

Beckford, Nugent

Still doesn't look too great, we could do with a couple of players in the summer for sure.

Wellens was ropey as last night, I wanted him and mills replaced by Danns and Morgan at half time, unfortunately injuries meant we couldn't.

What was NP doing with the joke 5 minutes for the carthorse at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669