What have you achieved today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
5¼ mile jog.

It might not seem like much to most of you young fit buggers but it's the first real jog of any distance I've managed for nearly two years since I fecked my knee.

Slightly apprehensive about tomorrow morning though...........

I managed 5k last night (which is prob half of what you did) and have only 4 weeks left to increase it to 10k...oops :icon_sad:

I managed 5k last night (which is prob half of what you did) and have only 4 weeks left to increase it to 10k...oops :icon_sad:

If you've never run 10K, or don't plan to run an amazing time, you can get away with not running 10k until the day. 7.5 - 8k should be ok.

Is this the Race for Life? My training's been hampered due to illness and injury. Grr.

If you've never run 10K, or don't plan to run an amazing time, you can get away with not running 10k until the day. 7.5 - 8k should be ok.

Is this the Race for Life? My training's been hampered due to illness and injury. Grr.

It is Race for Life yeah... as long as I finish I dont really care about the time it takes me, doing it for personal reasons.

It is Race for Life yeah... as long as I finish I dont really care about the time it takes me, doing it for personal reasons.

i'm doing the JP Morgan Chase challenge on 8th July

only 6km, but i've twisted my ankle whilst jogging. just jogged on it this week and it seems to be ok

i'm aiming to get round without stopping too much, not much of an objective i know :)

I'm also doing it for personal reasons, which reminds me, need to set up justgiving page....

i'm doing the JP Morgan Chase challenge on 8th July

only 6km, but i've twisted my ankle whilst jogging. just jogged on it this week and it seems to be ok

i'm aiming to get round without stopping too much, not much of an objective i know :)
It doesn't matter what the objective is; I don't know how long you've been running, and if it's your first race, then that is more than an "acceptable" objective. We all have to start somewhere. :)

Now, who's my money on for the person to reply with "the starting line is usually the best place"....

:tumbleweed:Wounded Welshman. Well done Cate for getting off yer arse and doing it :038: Im arranging a LOROS band night soon Hope you can make it.

I'm hoping to complete the walk to the front gate this year.

No, doing it in memory of my parents who died of cancer.
Yeah I should do something really too. Lost both my surviving grandparents to cancer in the last couple of months. More worried about my health at mo tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69