Post Match Aston Villa 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Nige testing the owners resolve? Some odd things today. 1 sub? This love affair with Morgan. The constant ignorance of Albrighton. Nugent always good for a sub impact not on at all.

It looked a beaten team sadly today. Roughly a third of a season left to pray for a miracle.

I did think earlier that today's shit may have been one final **** you to our owners, or a test to see if they're capable of making any decisions.

A master class in shit defending and giving the ball away.
A masterclass in shit tactics, team selection & game management. And a masterclass in arrogance during the post match interviews.
I've been a supporter of his throughout, but this is too much. I fear Top has made a massive mistake in talking his dad round. In my opinion he seems to be grumbling under the pressure and taking himself down, unfortunately at this rate, LCFC will be going with him.

'twas ever thus, Maws

I've said it before - some of them enjoy the failure more than any remote smell of success. It's what they thrive on now, having completely lost the ability to support their club any more.

Today is the type of thing they revel in, pitiful fecktards that they are

Where is this sniff of success????

And, to quote your earlier post:

Feckin' dreadful in every possible way

Shit through and through, but none worse than Peestain, who effectively gave up on the game.

What a twat. What a load of shite

Please could you explain the positives within that succinct summary? I have not, and would not describe Nigel Pearson as a "twat" and most of the other posters who have suggested that we could do better have tried to explain their position rationally.

Where is this sniff of success????

And, to quote your earlier post:

Feckin' dreadful in every possible way

Shit through and through, but none worse than Peestain, who effectively gave up on the game.

What a twat. What a load of shite

Please could you explain the positives within that succinct summary? I have not, and would not describe Nigel Pearson as a "twat" and most of the other posters who have suggested that we could do better have tried to explain their position rationally.

The sniff of success was the whole of last season, rapidly being written out of history by the doom mongers , despite it's utter brilliance.

There are no positives in that summary, however, because there are none to be taken from today's events.

Pearson was a twat today - his team selection, his ridiculous tactics which were demonstrably wrong after twenty minutes, his failure to change the set up and stupidity in only using one sub. Even his post match twaddle. A complete and utter twat

What you, and many others, continually fail to grasp is the difference to the reaction to individual games, individual performances and individual events, compared to the constant and unending whine of the 'new breed' of football 'fan' who will witter on ad nauseum about how shite everything is (particularly Pearson) and that we could/should be better, if only we had followed their advice, and isn't everyone who doesn't hate Pearson a complete retard.

I'll maybe sing his name some time in the future, just because he's our manager - or at least I will smile fondly at those that do. Good on 'em.

God, how I hate the miserable fecks and their total abject lack of support of any description

I find peoples faith that Pearson would get us promoted again if we are relegated difficult to share. There would be a lack of confidence in Pearson from within the squad and a general negativity that would be very difficult to change. If we are relegated a new manager is a must IMO.

That said I think that a change now is pointless and Pearson is our best hope of survival (slim though it is)

2 blokes in front of us, both must have been in their 50's, almost came to blows arguing of the capabilities of NP, a lot of pushing and shoving before they were pulled apart.

Sporadic chants of what a load of rubbish, your getting sacked in the morning, Pearson out and the players getting stick when they came to applaud the fans at the end. How we laughed at the Geordies in round three!!

I have been a supporter of Pearson and was disappointed when we thought he was gone last week. But mainly because it would have been disastrous timing. Nobody with any reputation or potential would want to come in now and go down with them.

He's done a great job redeveloping the club and getting us here.

BUT today has really turned me. What an opportunity to get something out of the season. Villa had no fans, no Manager and not many players performing at all at the moment. A potential quarter final and 1 game from a trip to Wembley.

Pearson has not set his team up properly and clearly has NOT motivated them. The odd player can have an off day but 10 players!! (James the only one who played well)

We take 6500 fans and the whole performance was flat and uninspiring. Really woeful. The players did well on Tuesday but just did not play for him today. I think there is more going on with Pearson is unsettling things

35 years supporting this club I can take a defeat. Disappointment is part of football - this is different. I'm just really angry. It seems I'm not in the minority it seems to be so utterly pissed off. What a disgrace.

No point getting rid now but perhaps the owners really do need to rethink the strategy next year.

I have been a supporter of Pearson and was disappointed when we thought he was gone last week. But mainly because it would have been disastrous timing. Nobody with any reputation or potential would want to come in now and go down with them.

He's done a great job redeveloping the club and getting us here.

BUT today has really turned me. What an opportunity to get something out of the season. Villa had no fans, no Manager and not many players performing at all at the moment. A potential quarter final and 1 game from a trip to Wembley.

Pearson has not set his team up properly and clearly has NOT motivated them. The odd player can have an off day but 10 players!! (James the only one who played well)

We take 6500 fans and the whole performance was flat and uninspiring. Really woeful. The players did well on Tuesday but just did not play for him today. I think there is more going on with Pearson is unsettling things

35 years supporting this club I can take a defeat. Disappointment is part of football - this is different. I'm just really angry. It seems I'm not in the minority it seems to be so utterly pissed off. What a disgrace.

No point getting rid now but perhaps the owners really do need to rethink the strategy next year.

On the subject of motivation, do you not think 11 adults should be able to motivate themselves for a match?

The sniff of success was the whole of last season, rapidly being written out of history by the doom mongers , despite it's utter brilliance.

There are no positives in that summary, however, because there are none to be taken from today's events.

Pearson was a twat today - his team selection, his ridiculous tactics which were demonstrably wrong after twenty minutes, his failure to change the set up and stupidity in only using one sub. Even his post match twaddle. A complete and utter twat

What you, and many others, continually fail to grasp is the difference to the reaction to individual games, individual performances and individual events, compared to the constant and unending whine of the 'new breed' of football 'fan' who will witter on ad nauseum about how shite everything is (particularly Pearson) and that we could/should be better, if only we had followed their advice, and isn't everyone who doesn't hate Pearson a complete retard.

I'll maybe sing his name some time in the future, just because he's our manager - or at least I will smile fondly at those that do. Good on 'em.

God, how I hate the miserable fecks and their total abject lack of support of any description

The only person whom I have seen use the word "retard", is you.

Nigel Pearson took us out of the First Division and the Championship, but one has to remember that he has had fantastic financial backing. I understand that Steve Walsh is largely to be credited with a number of excellent signings that have made the most of the cash and, whether it is Pearson's stubbornness, or some other reason, one has to say that these talents tend to blossom for a very short time at our club.

As has been consistently mentioned, the team do not seem to know how to take, or defend set pieces and our passing leaves much to be desired. I see no evidence that our fitness levels are exceptional and we change formation and personnel for nearly every game. We had gained promotion long before QPR and Burnley, with pundits telling us that this gave the team a head start in strengthening the squad for an assault upon the Premier League. We did not take it.

The out burst against the fan in the stand was understandable. The pressure on a struggling manager must be pretty awful but Pearson refocused his ire upon the press and turned a silly incident into a full blown drama. He then repeat the fiasco during the tussle with McArthur and his John Wayne impersonation on MOTD.

Only very silly people would have expected an easy season, but Pearson seems to have less idea than the cleaner as to how to deal with our situation. He appears after each debacle to assure us that, were it not for the fickleness of the Footballing Gods, we would have taken three more points/ been handed the FA Cup there and then.

Football managers are very well paid to succeed. When they do not, they should expect - and receive the chop.

blah, blah . . . witter on ad nauseum . . . blah, blah

Please do not attempt to express some kind of moral supporter superiority. So, your particular version of negativity is entirely appropriate and acceptable but someone else's makes you hate them? Seriously? My opinion is just as valid as yours and is no less an expression of supporting my club. Claiming that I am somehow enjoying watching my club's abject surrender this season is pathetic.

If you cannot accept the fact that people don't necessarily share your view on things, ignore them. Better still, debate with some intelligence. The option that you've chosen recently is exactly as quoted above.

On reflection, yes maybe bringing in Pulis at Xmas would have been the wise choice. I think he would have taken it then. Nobody worth considering will come in at this late stage.

As for the next strategy, the managers that keep getting touted around as the next big thing eg. Paul Clement will prefer to come into a club with potential and without the high pressure, especially if we keep the majority of the players.

Mourinho advised Karanka to take the Boro job for that very reason rather than ruin his reputation at a Premier league club from the outset. He has had time to build his reputation?

Yawn.

Nothing to see here, move on. We had a bad day, we may now beat Everton. Then, of course, NP is a wonder. Again.

Jason Roberts on 5Live couldn't belive how negative our tactics were, for me that is unacceptable when you consider we were playing against a Villa side that were there for the taking and the lowest scorers in the country and yet twice they have scored 2 against us.

Yawn.

Nothing to see here, move on. We had a bad day, we may now beat Everton. Then, of course, NP is a wonder. Again.

Trouble is Alex we have had far too many of these bad days this season, but it's the tactics and the manner of defeat that leaves me thinking that the time is right for change.

Please do not attempt to express some kind of moral supporter superiority. So, your particular version of negativity is entirely appropriate and acceptable but someone else's makes you hate them? Seriously? My opinion is just as valid as yours and is no less an expression of supporting my club. Claiming that I am somehow enjoying watching my club's abject surrender this season is pathetic.

If you cannot accept the fact that people don't necessarily share your view on things, ignore them. Better still, debate with some intelligence. The option that you've chosen recently is exactly as quoted above.

The irony of you asking somebody not to claim supporter superiority, given your recent drivel, may make this forum implode.

Trouble is Alex we have had far too many of these bad days this season, but it's the tactics and the manner of defeat that leaves me thinking that the time is right for change.

Change for whom? I keep seeing people say it can't be any worse, either they are naive or blinded by hatred of Pearson. It could be a lot worse, Pearce, Warnock, Redknapp would all be worse. Burnley aren't that much ahead of us, why aren't they calling for Dyche's head in great numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669