Post Match Barnsley V Leicester City 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone able to tell me how well Beckford played?

Like shit off a shovel when chasing a long ball but there's not a lot of point in him doing it if there's nothing on for him when he gets to the end of it. Completely unsupported. He must be wondering what he has let himself in for.

The frigging idiot that threw a lager bottle happened about the same time. Hit some little lad so I heard.

It hit one of the stewards in the middle of the back

I didn't know about that.

Why do some fans think it's acceptable to behave like complete dickheads at football games?

there were people near me who's whole personality changed when the stewards and police came into the crowd, very strange indeed

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do some fans think it's acceptable to behave like complete dickheads at football games?
Good question. I went to Sunderland yesterday and sat next to a boy, aged about seven, and his dad, and the boy kept asking hid dad to keep quiet every time he went completely over the top and shouted abuse towards the referee. Was quite sad to see. Some people need to grow up - and what's puzzling is that most of these people are probably perfectly grown-up at work Monday to Friday.

Sorry folks but this just isnt good enough,i really dont get what svens doing,hes spent the money and we dont seem any better at all ,thats 2 games on the trot that that K.S has saved us,when i read the sunday mirror this morning and it said that Martin oniell was waiting in the wings to take over,i thought id died and gone to heaven. .

Did Hobbs play equally well when he first started with us - say in his first five, six games?

Wasn't very good and that's part of my point, you sign multiple numbers of players...it takes time and around ten games before players become a team. In fact Mills' first few games at Reading are a very good example, Brendan Rodgers had a huge turnover of players that Summer at Reading and they had a dreadful start. A season and half later they are at Wembley.

Problem is here that player to manager to board has committed themselves to getting promotion this season...and that's very difficult when you bring in 14 players. So you keep the likes of Hobbs and Fryatt who have a track record of doing well and give them back confidence, a fresh start.

Has anyone on FT said SGE's lost the dressing room yet? It's got to be about that time of the season.

I have to echo Boc, Beckford was isolated most of the time. King changed the dynamic for a while and perhaps should have scored another. Pantsil was pretty bad and God knows what Gallagher was doing on the pitch. Might as well have played with ten for the first half.

I have to echo Boc, Beckford was isolated most of the time. King changed the dynamic for a while and perhaps should have scored another. Pantsil was pretty bad and God knows what Gallagher was doing on the pitch. Might as well have played with ten for the first half.

We actually played far better for the few minutes we only had ten men whilst he was off the pitch being treated. One of the strangest decisions was to put King upfront alone when Beckford went off rather than putting Vas in front of King.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669