Bolton Want Megson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your keeping quiet on this one RF :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

To be honest - the whole thing is fairly depressing.

I didn't like the Megson appointment but I tend to believe his assessment of our playing strength is about right.

What a shame that relatively a lot of money for us these days has been largely wasted.

We're not achieving any more at the moment than we would do if Craig Levein was in charge of this bunch of players.

Ultimately teams will win and lose, gain promotion and be relegated, throughout your lifetime and long after we've all gone - it's how they make you feel while you're here on this planet that's the important thing, not winning or avoiding defeat for the sake of it. At the moment I feel a worrying ambivalence towards each game and I've had to turn to sports I care relatively little about (international football, rugby union, Formula One) to gain some excitement in the absence of any in our matches recently.

That's criminal really. Unless we're winning games on a consistent basis then the main mandate for the manager should be entertainment value.

I'm bored.

All true Biff - but Megson will not turn Bolton down anyway - it just depends if they really want him.
i was surprised as anyone when he got a mention for the bolton job.

if he goes,and i dont think he will,he will be stepping up to quickly after his time out of the game.it would be a bad move for him imo

We're not achieving any more at the moment than we would do if Craig Levein was in charge of this bunch of players.

Ultimately teams will win and lose, gain promotion and be relegated, throughout your lifetime and long after we've all gone - it's how they make you feel while you're here on this planet that's the important thing, not winning or avoiding defeat for the sake of it. At the moment I feel a worrying ambivalence towards each game and I've had to turn to sports I care relatively little about (international football, rugby union, Formula One) to gain some excitement in the absence of any in our matches recently.

That's criminal really. Unless we're winning games on a consistent basis then the main mandate for the manager should be entertainment value.

I'm bored.

Superb post :038::038::038::038::038:

I didn't like the Megson appointment but I tend to believe his assessment of our playing strength is about right.

What a shame that relatively a lot of money for us these days has been largely wasted.

I agree with all that.

I'm bored.

Top post :038:

I'm bored.
I'm bored with hunting for new managers.

I'm more bored with having to read shite opinions as to who we should appoint.

I'd rather we just allow the entire club to settle down and evolve. We aren't losing week in week out so there's an improvement from last year. It's dull but it isn't relegation.

Another managerial turnover will just signify even more turmoil, yet another face coming in and saying the squad are fit enough, the pitch isn't green enough and replanting the damn flowers.

It'd be a sad day for the club if Megson left now.

... and believe you me that if that were to happen the quality of posting on here would not provide a sanctuary from FT. ;)

I'd rather we just allow the entire club to settle down and evolve. We aren't losing week in week out so there's an improvement from last year. It's dull but it isn't relegation.

Another managerial turnover will just signify even more turmoil, yet another face coming in and saying the squad are fit enough, the pitch isn't green enough and replanting the damn flowers.

It'd be a sad day for the club if Megson left now.
I'm at this side of the discussion.

... and believe you me that if that were to happen the quality of posting on here would not provide a sanctuary from FT. ;)
I'm thinking of taking a couple of weeks to explore the waterways of England if it comes to pass...sexy ladies can apply for the position of ship's mate while I pack the family off to some relation or other.

I'm a bit indifferent to the whole thing, to be honest.

I don't like Megson, and that display against Scunthorpe was dire - yes we were robbed by some poor refereeing decisions, but we should never be settling for a point against a team like that. We also failed to create almost anything from open play.

But we really do need to settle down and give someone a chance. We need stability else we will not only underperform but no-one will want to play for us. And we'll become, if we are not already, a bit of a joke.

But then, do we settle for Megson or should we write off this season and use it to start again? Better get rid now than give him until next season and sack him, costing us another year, perhaps. I can see the argument. My concern is that if Bolton can't find someone better, can we?

I don't know. Under O'Neill, Leicester made me happy. Under, well, most managers since, the team has brought despair. These days I just feel confused by the whole thing.

Can't remember exactly how much was spent pre-season but most of the players we brought in were on a free. DJ and Clem cost us no more than 3.6 million so when you think of how much dosh MM has made available not much has been spent on bringing in 14 new players and 2 loanees.

First i thought if Megson went, Milan could re consider allen, but then i remembered what were apparently some of MA's actions. I wouldnt want Fryatt to be training with the academy again, neither would i want some of the best players to request transfers. Or large amounts of money to be wasted. Or morale being really low. It sounded like the club was a real state (off-pitch)while allen was here.

If we are getting a new mananger he needs to IMO:

-Have proven himself at championship level
-Have experience in the top flights
-Bring in decent and proved players
-Has not had a history of bad relationships with staff.

And i was just looking back on the thread about the fans' meeting with milan, one of the things Milan said was that if any manager was not good for the club he would get rid. And yesterdays tactics didnt look promising.

Brian Little ?

Can't remember exactly how much was spent pre-season but most of the players we brought in were on a free. DJ and Clem cost us no more than 3.6 million so when you think of how much dosh MM has made available not much has been spent on bringing in 14 new players and 2 loanees.

I think you need to take account of the commitments made on wages. These are bound to be considerable given the big influx of players and the difficulties in moving on players who were told they were not wanted.

I don't think too many people expected MM to spend a massive amount on transfer fees as such - although by our recent standards the fees for DJ and Clemence were big - and unfortunately in the case of DJ look to be a probable mistake.

To be fair - it clearly isn't easy to get quality players to sign for us these days - just as it seems it's difficult to attract and then retain a manager.

Sorry to be so gloomy - but I think these are sad days for the club.

But probably at least another £4 million+ is going out every year for the wages of those extra 16 players (at an average of £5000 a week).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669