Champions League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Lamps will be out for Chelsea at the weekend and next Weds. Poor sod's old dear died.

Not sure if Chelsea will miss him or Avram will be giving it "Lets win it for Frank" before kick off.

good to have an all english final.

Fantastic game this evening, both teams really going for it. Man utd to win it now for me.

I wouldn't count Chelsea out if they get to the final. They looked strong on Saturday but not sure about their cutting edge up front. Drogba looks like he is thinking about who he is going to play for and Anelka never starts with him so I think their goals are going to have to come from midfield.

Fantastic game this evening, both teams really going for it. Man utd to win it now for me.
Agreed, it was an enjoyable game to watch. I thought Tevez was outstanding, always trying to close Barca down. I also thought Park played quite well, as for the goal, cracking finish.

I'd like to see Liverpool go through tonight, but Chelsea are looking quite strong at the moment. I reckon Liverpool to nick it 1 nil.

Going to be very close,I think Liverpool will score but whether that will be enough I don't know.Got a feeling he might start with Crouch and Torres and leave Babel out

Last edited:
Going to be very close,I think Liverpool will score but whether that will be enough I don't know.Got a feeling he might start with Crouch and Torres and leave Babel out
I'd go with that, H. Babel can come in the last twenty and change a game with his pace. Crouch can't offer that.

Be interesting if he does start with Crouch and Torres HF, should make for a very good game.

I'd go with that, H. Babel can come in the last twenty and change a game with his pace. Crouch can't offer that.

I've been listening to Benitez lately and with regards to this match he keeps mentioning Crouch.

I hope chelsea go through. Moscow will be a bloodbath with the mancs and scousers there together. English football will be dragged through the mud again.

I hope chelsea go through. Moscow will be a bloodbath with the mancs and scousers there together. English football will be dragged through the mud again.

Are you suggesting that it is likely to be any different if Chelsea go through?

I think this is perfect example of why the location of the Champions League final shouldn't be decided until absolutely necessery.

How much money is going to be spent on flights and hotels by football fans when we can just traval down the road. How much money is the tax payer going to have to shell out for our Police to man the airports and travel to Moscow.

I know the political and official nonsense as to why they are chosen early, but surely there is still room for common sense in football.

If Babel doesn't start, it's suicide from Liverpool. I seen this I watched em versus Derby. Babel is the outball every time, when a clearance is needed or a simple ball to relieve pressure it's to Babel - he holds it up well and can ran with the fecker. If they play Crouch, the ball will come as quick to them because it's certain with Crouchy that majority of balls to played to him will be in the air and with Terry and Carvalho, that's a fair few 50/50 balls to be playing.

Then again I daren't criticise Benitiez, they is no doubt that he's an excellent tactician.

I think this is perfect example of why the location of the Champions League final shouldn't be decided until absolutely necessery.

How much money is going to be spent on flights and hotels by football fans when we can just traval down the road. How much money is the tax payer going to have to shell out for our Police to man the airports and travel to Moscow.

I know the political and official nonsense as to why they are chosen early, but surely there is still room for common sense in football.

Agreed...but even that official nonsense has been breached here. Moscow has 35000 hotel rooms apparently and 42000 fans from England are expected. In FIFA guidlines, a hotel accomdation to fan is apparently high up on the list in appointing venues. It's all about money...look at the recent decision to give Wembley a miss because they would be taxed with the profits.

They gave 32000 Eindhoven Stadium - the UEFA Cup final recently...that was bullshit but remember the stadium is sponsored by a company making multi-millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669