Post Match Chelsea 5 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

alli1

whatever anyone says about the result of the game ,we did great.i think when the seasons over and pearson has made a few signings and changes we could have a premiorship side.

Mattmeister

No shame in this defeat, even though defensively we were never in it. Not a good day for whole of the back five to go missing.

Very pleased with with our attacking play - 18 shots, 2 goals and some other very good chances.

Let's keep this going in the humdrum of the Championship.

Filthy Rich

Banned
Pearson: Should Have Worked Them Harder

Glad he is as disappointed as me.

SwedeFox

Stringer: Whose shirt did you get at the end?

Danns: None.

Stringer: Do you keep yours?

Danns: No, I gave it to the fans. They're the ones that deserve it.

:038:
What kind of a question is that?! These are professional football players who will be disappointed they didn't win, they're not kids with cancer from the local hospital.

Kingy_85

I thought Casper was awful. Which is a shame because he has been so good all year. His defence didn't help him one bit but he could have got to 3 of their goals.

At the end of the day we can be proud that we tried to play but I think that on another day we might have pushed them more.

Overall one of the worst defensive displays of the season. Torres's pace made Morgan & Bamba look like OAP's it was embarrasing.

Gally deserved to be taken off, he looked completely overwhelmed. I think he needs to move on, maybe go to a side were he can play up front. His corners were woeful and his passing was almost always a yard off.

Leesoh

A disappointing, and at times woefully naive, opening 20 minutes turned into a decent fightback. The lads could have folded, and the rout deserved, but 5-2 really does not reflect the game at all.

It's a strange one; I don't think I've ever left a game where we've conceded 5 goals, and felt proud to be a City fan. I think I might have lost my voice, which is a shame for Biffa Bacon as he's not going to be here to benefit ;)

Izzet 6

I'm pleased we gave it a go, having tried to bore the nation in our last quarter-final at Blackburn.

Real mixture of shocking defending but threatening attacking, Beckford looked sharp and Nugent ran the left channel well. Marshall's goal was a beauty.

Izzet 6

And Chelsea have a novel way of getting people to sit down during the game- build a roof to block the pitch for people in the back row!

Joe_Fox

stats.jpg

Certainly the stats suggest that 5-2 flattered them. It was a good game at the end of the day - shame we couldn't get closer as we had the chances to put the pressure on, esp at 3-1 with a free header.

Joe_Fox

What is the prize Jermaine stands to win?

Longcliffe

I thought we played well despite conceding 5. Danns was the best player on the pitch.

Well done to all the players and supporters. I had to watch with the match with all the Chelsea chavs in the west stand. I must be Torres lucky charm, I was there the last time he scored in October.

Feriol

Schmeichel was poor today i thought.

The defence just couldn't cope with the pace of their attacks, not just how fast they ran, but how quick they moved the ball, we looked liked headless chickens.

I thought our attacking players could have worked harder to try and find space, we seemed a bit static at times.

I know it was Chelsea but i agree with Pearson, we could have worked them harder.

FOX Franks

I thought we played ok from the midfield forward. Defence was suspect but every time they broke we only had 3 defenders back, whether it was a tactics thing or bamba was constantly out of position I don't know. Marshalls goal though. Whoa.

homer

'twas a crying shame

We played with only ten men for the first half, thanks to the useless feckwit Gallagher - exposed today for the godawful player he truly is. Same can be said about the lump of turd that is Wes Morgan

The rest can hold their heads up high. They had a real go, and created enough to have made that scoreline much, much closer

The Fans were outstanding today as well - deserved to come away with something better than a 5-2 loss

Like I said, it was a crying shame

Lako42

Gally yet again managed to make himself look like a totally inept twat, how someone can actually be paid for that is beyond me, he is totally shit and deserves no more chances, a player who is in the side because of his set pieces and yet he still cant beat the first man at a corner, disgrace, i was glad when he got injured.

The Major

View attachment 9182

Certainly the stats suggest that 5-2 flattered them. It was a good game at the end of the day - shame we couldn't get closer as we had the chances to put the pressure on, esp at 3-1 with a free header.
Lets be honest here. Chelsea could have been 4 or 5 clear by half time.I don't remember Cech making many saves yet Chelsea looked as if they could score everytime they came forward.
5 goals doesn't flatter them at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670